Working at the Grocery Store on Thanksgiving Eve

Natural Citizen

American Made
Aug 8, 2016
My son's been working all day at the grocery store.

He's unloaded 4 trucks today and they have guys constantly restocking shelves. And they still have to do it after the store closes so the shelves are stocked for tomorrow.

And he just had to go retrieve carts from the parking lot. He said almost every cart was out there. lol.

I wouldn't doubt it...….I tried to go to the store today, BIG mistake. No parking and people driving around and around the lot to get the next available spot, no carts and the place was PACKED......I got what I needed & got the heck out

My son's been working all day at the grocery store.

He's unloaded 4 trucks today and they have guys constantly restocking shelves. And they still have to do it after the store closes so the shelves are stocked for tomorrow.

And he just had to go retrieve carts from the parking lot. He said almost every cart was out there. lol.

Then I'll be sure to give thanks for people who work on Thanksgiving, stocking the stores. :biggrin:

Yeah I went to the grocery store today. Jam packed with people who realized they were out of bay leaves and Cool Whip.

I went out in that mess too.I had to.We were out of Bounce dryer sheets and they had toilet paper on sale.

I visited Good Will today. They give huge discounts. And Hobby Lobby had 50% off on Christmas decorations. I was only gonna spend $10, but they had saved their pre-viewed videos, ones I'd never seen before. It's pretty decent entertainment for a widow. Unfortunately, the one I chose at random this evening sure did have the language in it. It was almost like being in the ante-election political forums here. :lol:

Yeah I went to the grocery store today. Jam packed with people who realized they were out of bay leaves and Cool Whip.

Oh, crap. I don't have any Cool Whip. :(
I live in Blue Bell country. You no longer have to make banana puddin'. It now comes all ready to eat in a half gallon container of Blue Bell ice cream, Banana pudding flavor. They even include the whip cream. All you need is one fresh banana to put on top of the pile, if that. It already tastes like bananas, but I like the extra potassium.

I like the banana pudding with the vanilla wafers in it. It's good. Especially when it's nice and cold.

Last edited:
I just got back a bit ago. I went to 3 stores and the first was out of pie shells and parsley. Went to the second one and they were out of parsley but had the pie shells. The third one was a liquor store and I figured what the hell they probable don't have parsley either but I should check it out anyway. Trust but verify---or some such crap. They didn't. So, I picked up a bottle of that 19 Crimes The Warden and a bottle of Sweet Bitch Merlot instead.

I went to the store about 9:00 this morning and it wasn't bad. Got the last few things for the Shrimp & Grits I am taking to Thanksgiving tomorrow.

Forum List

Back