World War 3 is here !!

yidnar

Diamond Member
Jul 16, 2011
Inside your head.
With the Arab Spring in the Middle East , the crises in Ukraine, North Korea ,Iran, the fall of Iraq to Radicals and so on and so on ......are we in the 1st stages of World War 3 ??

I don't know ...but one thing is for sure, we are on the brink of it - give or take a couple of years.

With the Arab Spring in the Middle East , the crises in Ukraine, North Korea ,Iran, the fall of Iraq to Radicals and so on and so on ......are we in the 1st stages of World War 3 ??
Only if we are stupid enough to play.

Just enough horror to keep tensions high enough that people and nations will horde weaponry but not actually use it on a large scale, that's how it's done. The world is too crowded to have big wars anymore but we still arm ourselves to have one.

Just enough horror to keep tensions high enough that people and nations will horde weaponry but not actually use it on a large scale, that's how it's done. The world is too crowded to have big wars anymore but we still arm ourselves to have one.

There are too many in the nuclear club to rule it out.

What are you talking about? Dear Leader just said the world is more tranquil than ever. AND his press secretary confirmed it. Gotta be true. Move along. Nothing to see here.

I just don't buy it, the balance of terror is still firmly in place because at this late date no one thinks their country can possibly survive the counter attack. Terrorists may one day get a low yield device but even they know that it would be a crime that would doom jihadism forever.

I just don't buy it, the balance of terror is still firmly in place because at this late date no one thinks their country can possibly survive the counter attack. Terrorists may one day get a low yield device but even they know that it would be a crime that would doom jihadism forever.

The "threat of pain" theory made more sense when there were only a small number of nuclear powers, there are enough, and there has been enough, shift in governing forces, to make the possibility real. One low yield device could begin a chain reaction.

Allow me to interject a question to all...especially liberals.
If WW3 did start would you want Obama as our commander and chief? Yes or No and why.

The "threat of pain" theory made more sense when there were only a small number of nuclear powers, there are enough, and there has been enough, shift in governing forces, to make the possibility real. One low yield device could begin a chain reaction.

A nuclear device is much more valuable as a threat than a weapon. No one who has them has any doubt why they have nuclear weapons, they really are excellent proof against invasion.

be7yz-rimai6ug9-large1.jpg

If WW3 did start would you want Obama as our commander and chief? Yes or No and why.

Obama would never willingly lead us into a big war so it's kind of a meaningless question. Without our cooperation there can be no WWIII. It's now too expensive to have wars everywhere, now we just have them in places no one really cares enough about to go really big.

There are conflicts and rebellions across the planet. Most are by Islamic groups.

The world is already on fire. Pour some Gas on it, and the world will never be the same again.

Obama would never willingly lead us into a big war so it's kind of a meaningless question. Without our cooperation there can be no WWIII. It's now too expensive to have wars everywhere, now we just have them in places no one really cares enough about to go really big.

If, repeat IF, the tipping point is reached, who is US President will probably make no difference. Though I agree nukes are, or WERE, a deterrant, the chances of a group that wants armageddon getting one, and has the capability of using it, have increased recently.

the whole world is in chaos . I would not rule out escalations.

There will certainly be escalations and horrible occurrences, to be sure, but no one big like Russia, China or the US is acting as if they want to take over entire continents. Everyone is pretty much sticking to their borders except for official and unofficial meddling in the relatively small regional conflicts. The age of continental conflicts is over.

Forum List

Back