Worldwide impact of Jesus

Votto

Diamond Member
Oct 31, 2012
This Christmas day, I began to wonder. How influential has Jesus become to the world?

Is there anyone comparable?

This Christmas day, I began to wonder. How influential has Jesus become to the world?

The people who created the mechanisms of travel that allowed his fame to prosper.

On the impact of Jesus:

It's not as strong as it once was.

Now automobile dashboards are made from plastic.

Those magnetic-base Jesus-on-the-Cross ornaments no longer stick.

So they're not there to fly up in your face when you have a head-on. See, much lower impact.

Doesn't anyone find it strange that right wing conservatives would applaud Jesus, but deny his teachings? What exactly are they applauding?

Doesn't anyone find it strange that right wing conservatives would applaud Jesus, but deny his teachings? What exactly are they applauding?

I assume you are talking about the poor. Am I correct?

If so, would be care about the poor at all if it were not for Jesus?

On the impact of Jesus:

It's not as strong as it once was.

Now automobile dashboards are made from plastic.

Those magnetic-base Jesus-on-the-Cross ornaments no longer stick.

So they're not there to fly up in your face when you have a head-on. See, much lower impact.

It would seem to me that if you were to have a "head on" you would want a Jesus symbol there somewhere.......that is unless you think you're going straight to hell, in which case, I can see it might be problematic. :lol:

No, there isn't.

Wh.....wha......what?

There is no influence or there is no one comparable? which one?
You didn't ask if there was any influence, you said "how influential", so my answer could only apply to the second question.

The Republicans don't care about the poor.

The Republican don't care about the hungry.

The Republicans don't care about the sick.

Haven't you been watching the Republican leadership on TV? Let him die? Feed the poor and they will breed? 47%? Drug tests? and so on?

I just wish Republicans would stop calling themselves Christian. If they believe in an afterlife, they are going to have a LOT to explain.

The Republicans don't care about the poor.

The Republican don't care about the hungry.

The Republicans don't care about the sick.

Haven't you been watching the Republican leadership on TV? Let him die? Feed the poor and they will breed? 47%? Drug tests? and so on?

I just wish Republicans would stop calling themselves Christian. If they believe in an afterlife, they are going to have a LOT to explain.

We all know you hate the GOP. How is this answering my question?

In fact, according to this Stanford study, the majority of those who give their time and money to help the poor seem to be Christian. And of those who claim to be Christian, the majority claim to be conservative. And of those who are liberal, the majority who give to the poor are Christian.

http://www.hoover.org/publications/policy-review/article/6577

Last edited:
Wh.....wha......what?

There is no influence or there is no one comparable? which one?
You didn't ask if there was any influence, you said "how influential", so my answer could only apply to the second question.

So no one compares to the influence of Jesus.

In what ways has he influenced us for you to say that?
Billions of people pray to him and base life decisions on his teachings.

The two largest religions are Christianity and Islam, and both lay claim to him in one way or another.

The two largest religions are Christianity and Islam, and both lay claim to him in one way or another.
Yes, but Islam isn't centered around Jesus, it's centered around a war mongering pedophile named Muhammad.

Yes, but Islam isn't centered around Jesus, it's centered around a war mongering pedophile named Muhammad.

Now, now, this is not a thread to bash Mohammad.

Speaking of which, I would have to think that Jesus had more of an impact since Mohammad purported to be a following of Jesus.

Forum List

Back