🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Worst President in U.S. History

I never said it was the only indicator -- I said it is an indicator, which it is. As far as your claim about people not bothering to file because it's too inconvenient, if that were true, it would be true every week, so a drop to a 15 year low is still a consistent trend with previous weeks.

Although not worth mentioning if you consider the fact that so many aren't working in the first place, if not getting laid off for the first time. And so many who have been laid off more than once isn't even mentioned, all the while you're so busy beating your chest over one statistic.
Of the 93.2 million folks no in the labor force, 86.8 million of them don't want to work. Never before Obama became president have conservatives fought so adamantly to count retirees, students, housewives & househusbands, among the out of work.

After 12+ million PRIVATE sector jobs created in 6 years, AFTER Dubya lost 1+ million in 8, and Dubya's final F/Y deficit being reduced by 2/3rds, there is little they can bitch about so it's 100% created BS!

Now, point out the jobs program Obama signed that created this supposed 12 million jobs.

Well he DIDN'T sign onto $2+ trillion in tax cuts, THEN go to 2 UNFUNDED wars and UNFUNDED Medicare expansion AS he cheered on a Bankster credit bubble because that was ALL he had, like Dubya right? lol

But UNLIKE conservatives, I don't blame Gov't when the private sector CHOOSES not to hire NOR do I blame Gov't when they do!!
Resident repub-voting drones aren't going to like what you posted AKA- the truth :tomato: :lol:

I never said it was the only indicator -- I said it is an indicator, which it is. As far as your claim about people not bothering to file because it's too inconvenient, if that were true, it would be true every week, so a drop to a 15 year low is still a consistent trend with previous weeks.

Although not worth mentioning if you consider the fact that so many aren't working in the first place, if not getting laid off for the first time. And so many who have been laid off more than once isn't even mentioned, all the while you're so busy beating your chest over one statistic.
Of the 93.2 million folks no in the labor force, 86.8 million of them don't want to work. Never before Obama became president have conservatives fought so adamantly to count retirees, students, housewives & househusbands, among the out of work.

After 12+ million PRIVATE sector jobs created in 6 years, AFTER Dubya lost 1+ million in 8, and Dubya's final F/Y deficit being reduced by 2/3rds, there is little they can bitch about so it's 100% created BS!

Now, point out the jobs program Obama signed that created this supposed 12 million jobs.

Well he DIDN'T sign onto $2+ trillion in tax cuts, THEN go to 2 UNFUNDED wars and UNFUNDED Medicare expansion AS he cheered on a Bankster credit bubble because that was ALL he had, like Dubya right? lol

But UNLIKE conservatives, I don't blame Gov't when the private sector CHOOSES not to hire NOR do I blame Gov't when they do!!
What programs did Obama sign that created jobs?

So in YOUR world, Gov't creates jobs? No Bubba, ONLY in recent history do the GOP Prez create jobs in Gov't, you know as Ronnie/Dubya did when they blew up spending (as they gutted tax revenues) and EXPANDED Gov't AND GOV'T employees!

So in YOUR world, Gov't creates jobs? No Bubba, ONLY in recent history do the GOP Prez create jobs in Gov't, you know as Ronnie/Dubya did when they blew up spending (as they gutted tax revenues) and EXPANDED Gov't AND GOV'T employees!
Obama froze hiring, so he didn't create any government jobs. He hasn't even filled the positions that were lost to deaths and retirements. Yet you claim Obozo created 12 million jobs.

How can Obama create jobs if all he ever does is fundraise and play golf?????

Obama froze hiring, so he didn't create any government jobs. He hasn't even filled the positions that were lost to deaths and retirements. Yet you claim Obozo created 12 million jobs.

How can Obama create jobs if all he ever does is fundraise and play golf?????

I claimed that Bubba? Really? No Bubba, go reread what I posited. AND it wasn't me saying Obama hired anyone, as everyone with a functioning brain knows, it was Ronnie/Dubya who ramped up Gov't jobs AS they gutted revenues of course!

Yet under Obama there have been a NET of over 8+ million PRIVATE sector jobs in 6 years WHILE Dubya/GOP "job creator" policies lost 1+ million in 8. Heck even stopping at Dubya's peek in 2007, he only had 4 million, lol

This is typical leftist logic you are trying to fight.

According to the left-ards, the economy was headed toward economic Armageddon. They literally think that every single job in the entire country was going to be wiped out.

So according to their irrational perspective, the moment Obamy signed the stealmulous bill, every single job that wasn't lost (because it was going to and they know it), was therefore saved by the stealmulous bill.

Basically, if even one job was not lost, then it obviously was saved, or created, because Darth Bush had ordered the Bank Star to destroy the planet. Thankfully Obamy Wan Nohopey, saved us all for the dark side.

According to the left-ards, the economy was headed toward economic Armageddon. They literally think that every single job in the entire country was going to be wiped out.

So according to their irrational perspective, the moment Obamy signed the stealmulous bill, every single job that wasn't lost (because it was going to and they know it), was therefore saved by the stealmulous bill.

Basically, if even one job was not lost, then it obviously was saved, or created, because Darth Bush had ordered the Bank Star to destroy the planet. Thankfully Obamy Wan Nohopey, saved us all for the dark side.

How'd Dubya's tax cuts work out again? How many jobs again?

FLASHBACK: 85 Percent Of House Republicans Who Were Serving In ‘08 Voted For Bush’s Stimulus Act

In January 2008 when the economic picture was far less dire and the unemployment rate was only 4.8 percent, 165 Republicans in the House of Representatives and 33 Republican senators voted to pass a stimulus package with an estimated cost of $152 billion. That package provided tax cuts of up to $600 for individuals or $1,200 for married couples, plus an additional $300 per child. The bill also contained a number of temporary tax breaks for businesses. And just in case you thought President George W. Bush’s stimulus bill was simply a bunch of tax cuts, it also included $40 billion in direct spending. The legislation was even called the Economic Stimulus Act of 2008.

Republicans Loved Stimulus When Bush Was in the White House
Back Then, Helping Boost Economic Growth Was Bipartisan

Republicans Loved Stimulus When Bush Was in the White House Center for American Progress Action Fund

BXhbq1QCcAARRWg.jpg

late to the party but...

IMO worst President ever .... this Hussein Obama, the community leader.

It can not get worse than that I don't think.

Initial jobless claims are people initially filing for unemployment benefits. Which has nothing at all to do with that idiot's brother exhausting his. Meaning when he said, "The reason jobless claims fell..." he followed that with a brain-dead contrived reason.

Oh, and #2 on your list has nothing to do with initial claims either.

I changed it.
No fucking shit Sherlock......thus the word "Initial" is used.
You changed it to an idiotic opinion. Who's waiting in long lines?
These folks.......the other people that have filed before have to wait in the same lines as those applying for initial claims.
Americans Not in Labor Force Exceed 93 Million for First Time 62.7 Labor Force Participation Matches 37-Year Low CNS News
God you're stoopid...

unemployment_5.jpg
Initial jobless claims are people initially filing for unemployment benefits. Which has nothing at all to do with that idiot's brother exhausting his. Meaning when he said, "The reason jobless claims fell..." he followed that with a brain-dead contrived reason.

Oh, and #2 on your list has nothing to do with initial claims either.

I changed it.
No fucking shit Sherlock......thus the word "Initial" is used.
You changed it to an idiotic opinion. Who's waiting in long lines?
These folks.......the other people that have filed before have to wait in the same lines as those applying for initial claims.
Americans Not in Labor Force Exceed 93 Million for First Time 62.7 Labor Force Participation Matches 37-Year Low CNS News
God you're stoopid...

unemployment_5.jpg
Pretty fucking stupid since the number of unemployed decreased last month by a 130,000.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

Meaning the increase in the not in labor force is largely due to 15 year olds turning 16, baby boomers retiring, people whose unemployment benefits ran out, and people unemployed for an extended period of time who have given up looking.

What it doesn't include are people who are eligible to file for unemployment benefits.
So you're calling me stupid and you simply repeat what I've already know.

The biggest thing you want to ignore is the percentage of Americans who are working is going down. There is aprox. 185 million people that are of working age, but 93 million of them aren't. Nearly half of those who are old enough to work, aren't, and the percentage is getting smaller every month. So what if 15 year olds are turning 16. If they can't find a job because nobody wants to pay an untrained kid $10 - 15/ hr, thanks to Democrats and their stupid policies, then obviously that will effect the labor participation rate.

I'm just trying to figure our what you think is good about that.
That is complete nonsense. First of all, the number of people of working age (16 and older) is around 250 million, not 185 million (Bureau of Labor Statistics Data). Secondly, as you've been shown repeatedly, almost 87 million of those 93 million (about 93%) don't want a job. And for tens of millions of them, they don't want a job because they already have a job; only it's under the table so it goes unreported. Those are people you're calling unemployed.

As far as the labor force participation rate -- it's nothing but a red herring for the right. It actually doesn't indicate the health of the job market. Case in point, we had a good economy in the 1950's and into the 60's even though the labor force participation rate was lower than it is today. And in case you didn't notice, the right never once complained about the labor force participation rate while Bush was president even though it dropped then as well.

The reality is the job market is strong. We've had continuous growth for an unprecedented 54 straight months now. Continuous growth in the private sector for an unprecedented 61 straight months. The unemployment rate is down to 5.5%, the upper range of full employment. In terms of unemployment, the right has run out of negative things to harp on, so they glom onto the labor force participation rate for dear life since they have little else.

Republicans Loved Stimulus When Bush Was in the White House Center for American Progress Action Fund

BXhbq1QCcAARRWg.jpg
That graphic needs some correction ... first of all, Reagan did not inherit a recession. Though interest rates and inflation were ridiculously high, GDP was +7.6% in the 4th quarter of 1980 and +8.5% in the 1st quarter of 1981. There was a recession earlier in 1980 but it ended in July. The next recession didn't start until July of 1981. Also, we are past "half way though their 5th year." At this point in Reagan's term, the unemployment rate was 6.6%. Today it's 5.5%. As far as the deficit, it's unrealistic to say Obama cut it in half since that is starting from FY2010, but Obama signed an Omnibus budget bill and a continuing resolution bill in FY2009 because Bush never signed a budget bill for FY2009. He too signed a continuing resolution to carry the government through the first half of FY2009. But the second half of FY2009 is attributable to Obama.

BXhbq1QCcAARRWg.jpg
That graphic needs some correction ... first of all, Reagan did not inherit a recession. Though interest rates and inflation were ridiculously high, GDP was +7.6% in the 4th quarter of 1980 and +8.5% in the 1st quarter of 1981. There was a recession earlier in 1980 but it ended in July. The next recession didn't start until July of 1981. Also, we are past "half way though their 5th year." At this point in Reagan's term, the unemployment rate was 6.6%. Today it's 5.5%. As far as the deficit, it's unrealistic to say Obama cut it in half since that is starting from FY2010, but Obama signed an Omnibus budget bill and a continuing resolution bill in FY2009 because Bush never signed a budget bill for FY2009. He too signed a continuing resolution to carry the government through the first half of FY2009. But the second half of FY2009 is attributable to Obama.

Agree with all BUT:

"But the second half of FY2009 is attributable to Obama."

Nonsense, WHOEVER was Prez would be inheriting the Bush economy

January 08, 2009
CBO Projects $1.2 Trillion Deficit for 2009

12 days pre Obama

CBO Projects 1.2 Trillion Deficit for 2009 - Memphis Daily News

Fiscal 2009 began Oct. 1, 2008. That was before Obama was elected, and nearly four months before he took office on Jan. 20, 2009.

How Much Did Obama Add?

Obama s Spending Inferno or Not

Yes, Obama has actually cut the deficit by 2/3rds from Dubya's final F/Y budget (the one like EVERY other US Prez, he gets EVEN if he chose not to sign bills BECAUSE he wanted to later say it wasn't his!)

BXhbq1QCcAARRWg.jpg

Agree with all BUT:

January 08, 2009

12 days pre Obama

Fiscal 2009 began Oct. 1, 2008. That was before Obama was elected, and nearly four months before he took office on Jan. 20, 2009.

How Much Did Obama Add?

Yes, Obama has actually cut the deficit by 2/3rds from Dubya's final F/Y budget (the one like EVERY other US Prez, he gets EVEN if he chose not to sign bills BECAUSE he wanted to later say it wasn't his!)
You can blame Bush for the decrease in revenue, which was directly attributable to the Great Recession he handed Obama, but you can't blame him for all of the increase in spending in FY2009. Again, Obama signed the budgets for the second half of FY2009. And the total deficit for FY2009 was $1,9t.

BXhbq1QCcAARRWg.jpg

Agree with all BUT:

January 08, 2009

12 days pre Obama

How Much Did Obama Add?

You can blame Bush for the decrease in revenue, which was directly attributable to the Great Recession he handed Obama, but you can't blame him for all of the increase in spending in FY2009. Again, Obama signed the budgets for the second half of FY2009. And the total deficit for FY2009 was $1,9t.

Nonsense. CBO predicted Jan 8 2009 the deficit was $1.2+ trillion. WHO ever stepped in had that. You can give Obama $200 billion as they pointed out in the link I gave

AND 2009 F/Y DEFICIT WAS $1.4 TRILLION

Receipts in 2009 tumbled to $2,105 billion, a decrease of $419 billion, or 17 percent, from 2008. That year-over-year decline follows a small drop in revenues for fiscal year 2008 and is the largest annual percentage decline in revenues in more than seven decades.

Federal Budget Deficit Totals 1.4 Trillion in Fiscal Year 2009 Congressional Budget Office

Federal Budget Deficit Totals $1.4 Trillion in Fiscal Year 2009

BXhbq1QCcAARRWg.jpg

Agree with all BUT:

January 08, 2009

12 days pre Obama

How Much Did Obama Add?

You absolutely CANNOT blame Bush for the FY 09 spending levels.

The final appropriations for FY 09 were not passed until after Obama took office. The government operated on continuing resolutions till that point.

What you may not understand about how appropriations work, is that they supercede any CRs. And government spending over the course of the year is not a steady line. Grants and contracts are not awarded on a steady basis, like salaries. And during CRs, agencies often postpone filling positions, thus lowering their salary costs.

I see this all the time -- it was really Bush in 09. But you are WRONG, WRONG, WRONG. The spending for that fiscal year is on the watch of the President who signs the final appropriations for that year.

In the case of FY 09, it was Barack Obama.

Forum List

Back