Worst President of all time:

• Total voters
Now you are cherry picking
In both houses, a majority of Democrats opposed invading Iraq
An undeniable fact
Republican support of the war was nearly unanimous

Bush’s decision....Bush’s war
It is his legacy

Maybe I am wrong, but in the Senate I thought it was 39-31 FOR the Iraq resolution.
Again I am talking total Democrats

Let’s do the math together

Democrats in the House PLUS Democrats in the Senate EQUALS Total Democrats

I don't equate members of the House with members of the Senate. It was significant that a majority of Democratic Senators voted for the war and this was emphasized in the media at the time.
The question is......Did most Democrats support the invasion?
Most did not
I was one of those who did not

Do you have a poll of registered democrats at that time on whether they supported the invasion or not? Otherwise your claim that most democrats were against the invasion is questionable.

The majority in the Senate of Democrats supporting the invasion was significant and a big contrast to the level of support for the 1991 Gulf War. By and large, Democrats were more supportive of Operation Iraqi Freedom that they were of Desert Storm.
Some of them only voted in favor of it because they were up for re-election in just a few weeks, not because they really supported the war. Of the 13 Democrat Senators up for re-election, 9 of them voted yea.

I'm glad to see Wilson got the votes he deserved, coming in at #2.

In his defense he knew how bad he fucked up and became very depressed about it, even though revisionists blame this on personal problems. His own writings reveal he knew how hard he fucked our nation with the Federal Reserve and everything that came with it.

That being said, I'm shocked John Adams remains at 2 votes. If only people knew about the Sedition Act and how it was used to prosecute anti-federalists (Thomas Jefferson types).

I also don't think Obama should have so many votes, unless it's proven he was knowingly complicit in Spy-gate vs Trump.
All your thread did was to show how many more conservatives than Liberals post here.

This poll leaves much to be desired.

No FDR, Lincoln, wtf, are you even American, motherfucker? WTF?!

And GFY for including Truman, because he was straight up.

You need to include Bush Sr. and Lincoln.
Lincoln? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Lincoln? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Lincoln was great, because he helped kill 600,000 Americans, right?

Well... What if George Washington actually Was a horrible Pwesidunt? Presi… Presidint. URGH. p r e s I d e n t

That list is worthless. fdr is by far the worst and the scumbag's name doesn't even appear as an option.
Yea, he fought the Nazis so hes no good. Got it.

Dresden fire bombing, with over 25,000 German civilians dying.
Neglecting to bomb the rails to the Concentration camps.
Lend-lease, to give murderous Stalin the go to into Central-Europe.
Giving nearly half of Europe to the Soviets, to ethnic cleanse Germans with up 500,000 civilians dying.

Yeah, he was great, right?

Lincoln? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Tard, your boy Trump just bragged up R.E. Lee so Lincoln is now a bum, right? How's your snot locker feel after being led by it by Trump?

Lincoln? HAHAHAHAHAHA

Tard, your boy Trump just bragged up R.E. Lee so Lincoln is now a bum, right? How's your snot locker feel after being led by it by Trump?

I don't support Trump, or Lee, as particularly honorable men.

Although, actually Lee was more competent, Trump's a bit of a clown, I think he character assassinates Republicans.

I have the name of one honorable man Jan III Sobieski, his altruistic warfare in the Battle of Vienna, saved Europe, when he could've just as easily divided Austria, between Poland, and Islamists.

Sobieski is truly one of the ONLY leaders, I truly respect.

Do you know your views are in the minority...

Historical rankings of presidents of the United States - Wikipedia

These are Notable scholar surveys not Fox news lemmings...

Interesting to note that these notable scholars rank Reagan and Eisenhower as top ten. Shows they are not partisan

I think you really need to know whether the Presidential Historians/Political Scientist are registered Republicans, Democrats, or Independent/Other. Political bias and partisanship will have the greatest impact on the most recent Presidents. So siting a President ranking high from decades ago is not really a way to determine if the list was skewed because of partisanship.

You should probably have 3 different list:

A. One done by 100 registered Republican Presidential Historians/Political Scientist
B. One done by 100 registered Democratic Presidential Historians/Political Scientist
C. One done by 100 registered Independents/other smaller political parties Presidential Historians/Political Scientist

You then average the results of each of the three list into one list. While not perfect, you get a list that is far more free of political bias and partisanship than the ones shown on Wikipedia.

I think if you could see the party registration status of those contributing to the list on Wikipedia, you find that most would have strong majorities of registered Democrats.

That was done. Granted it doesn't include newer presidents since it was done in the 80s.

But what it shows is over time as the initial political division fades we see the stances become very similar.

In the end harding Grant Johnson and Pierce and Buchanan are the 5 which both sides had agreed. And the top 8 were a consensus of both sides, with Lincoln a consensus number one and Washington/FDR number two and three

View attachment 258597

I think while that shows that statements and beliefs of a president soon after office remain strongly divisive, over time you can judge the impact of those. So while Lincoln was arguably the least liked president at the time, his positive impact is what he is measured on. Whereas soon after Jimmy Carter's presidency, his dislike was high, but decades later his impact for good/bad of the US was minimal in comparison to others. LBJ/Eisenhower were the only top 10 and difference between groups, which were also the only two presidents to make up the most recent ones in that top 10.

LBJ is a good case
I hated him when he was President. He was hounded out of office

But he did remarkable work on Civil Rights and anti poverty programs.

But then there was Vietnam, how stupid was that?
I look at LBJ filling JFKs second term. Given the political climate of the time, I think JFK would have made the exact same decisions. So would Nixon and Goldwater. I doubt there were any politicians of that era who would have turned their back on a Communist takeover of Vietnam

Not stupid at all. Harry Truman and Dwight D. Eisenhower both supported LBJ sending large ground combat units to South Vietnam in 1965. They may have had differences with how the war was fought or US forces used, but there was no difference when it came to the necessity of the United States helping South Vietnam defend itself from Communist aggression from North Vietnam, which was supported by the Soviet Union and China. Had the new 1973 congress not cut off future US military involvement in South Vietnam after August 15, 1973(Case Church Amendment passed with veto proof majority passed in June 1973) as well as cut funding for South Vietnam, South Vietnam today would be an independent democratic state as rich and prosperous as South Korea. Instead, the 1973 congress turned its back on South Vietnam, a country the United States had sworn to defend and was obligated to defend through signed treaty commitments. Total abandonment, the most shameful act in the history of the United States government.

WOW.
Hope I never get prescribed whatever you're snorting.

That list is worthless. fdr is by far the worst and the scumbag's name doesn't even appear as an option.
Yea, he fought the Nazis so hes no good. Got it.

He didn't fight anyone. He signed a paper that cosigned thousands and thousands of American citizens to concentration camps. He ordered a boatload of European Jews turned away so they might ultimately be exterminated by the Nazis. He allowed a program that deliberately injected African Americans with Syphilis. He saddled future generations of Americans with unsustainable entitlement programs. He cheated on his wife. He intimidated the Supreme Court into submission. He turned the Congress into his rubber stamp. He violated a tradition that began with George Washington himself by running for office more than twice. He indulged his impulse to be a dictator and threatened the very fabric of our Republic.

Got it?

In his defense he knew how bad he fucked up and became very depressed about it, even though revisionists blame this on personal problems. His own writings reveal he knew how hard he fucked our nation with the Federal Reserve and everything that came with it.

That being said, I'm shocked John Adams remains at 2 votes. If only people knew about the Sedition Act and how it was used to prosecute anti-federalists (Thomas Jefferson types).

I also don't think Obama should have so many votes, unless it's proven he was knowingly complicit in Spy-gate vs Trump.
All your thread did was to show how many more conservatives than Liberals post here.

Looks like 2-1 conservative. Bush Jr. and Obama are recent enough for partisans to blindly vote them. WMD's for Bush, ISIS for Obama are the two glaring failures that come to mind when I think of either of them.

Obama is hands down the worst President; Obamagate will seal the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually the statement you made there will just make Obama reputation even higher... The behaviour of the Right and GOP with endless unsupported conspiracy theories will just show how tolerant he was in hyper-partisan times.

Looks like 2-1 conservative. Bush Jr. and Obama are recent enough for partisans to blindly vote them. WMD's for Bush, ISIS for Obama are the two glaring failures that come to mind when I think of either of them.

Sorry to bust your bubble but ISIS was a consequence of Iraq War and Bush agreement of withdrawal. If Obama stayed on then US soldiers would have been subject to Iraqi Law...

Why do you support US soldiers being in Iraqi Jails?

Maybe I am wrong, but in the Senate I thought it was 39-31 FOR the Iraq resolution.

I don't equate members of the House with members of the Senate. It was significant that a majority of Democratic Senators voted for the war and this was emphasized in the media at the time.
Most did not

Do you have a poll of registered democrats at that time on whether they supported the invasion or not? Otherwise your claim that most democrats were against the invasion is questionable.

The majority in the Senate of Democrats supporting the invasion was significant and a big contrast to the level of support for the 1991 Gulf War. By and large, Democrats were more supportive of Operation Iraqi Freedom that they were of Desert Storm.
Some of them only voted in favor of it because they were up for re-election in just a few weeks, not because they really supported the war. Of the 13 Democrat Senators up for re-election, 9 of them voted yea.

I could see that. With most Democrats supporting the war at the time, and an election upcoming, I can see how Democrats would use that to get a feather in their hat that they could campaign on if they believed in it.

Now if you are saying they voted to send American troops into war they felt wasn't right, in order to score political popularity points... Well I would hope that wouldn't be something a senator would do.

Last edited:

Wilson
Federal Reserve put us on firm financial footing
Wilson resisted bringing us into WWI and American forces finally ended it
He helped create the League of Nations

Negatives
Opposition to women’s suffrage
Extreme opposition to Civil Rights

Most did not

In post 9-11 America, they were afraid to be labeled soft on terrorism
Bush still had his 9-11 card which allowed him to do whatever he felt necessary to combat terrorism

After Iraq, they took away his 9-11 card

Actually the statement you made there will just make Obama reputation even higher... The behaviour of the Right and GOP with endless unsupported conspiracy theories will just show how tolerant he was in hyper-partisan times.

Obamagate is worse than Watergate. You loons' heads will explode once the indicts start rolling.

Obamagate is worse than Watergate. You loons' heads will explode once the indicts start rolling.
What is taking so long?

Actual evidence?

Forum List

Back