Would Most Gays Have Settled for Civil Unions Instead Of Marriages?

Matthew 10:15, "Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for theland of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city."
  • Matthew 19:4-6, "And He answered and said, 'Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.'”
    You do realize that the big thing in Sodom and Gomorrah was the practice of homosexuality right?
    and it goes on to specify that marriage, or the joining is between a man and his wife.
    Indirectly Jesus does speak against homosexuality.
    look up and read the beatitudes, they also mention that the homosexual will not inherit the riches of Heaven.

but, you knew all of this already.
Just as you know this is legally and Constitutionally irrelevant.

But a business can deny entry due to a confederate flag tee-shirt, or refuse to se
Matthew 10:15, "Truly I say to you, it will be more tolerable for theland of Sodom and Gomorrah in the day of judgment than for that city."
  • Matthew 19:4-6, "And He answered and said, 'Have you not read that He who created them from the beginning made them male and female, 5 and said, ‘For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife, and the two shall become one flesh’? 6 So they are no longer two, but one flesh. What therefore God has joined together, let no man separate.'”
    You do realize that the big thing in Sodom and Gomorrah was the practice of homosexuality right?
    and it goes on to specify that marriage, or the joining is between a man and his wife.
    look up and read the beatitudes, they also mention that the homosexual will not inherit the riches of Heaven.

Jesus never mentions homosexuality- at all.

But Paul says Christians should obey the law.

Romans 13
13 Every person should place themselves under the authority of the government. There isn’t any authority unless it comes from God, and the authorities that are there have been put in place by God. 2 So anyone who opposes the authority is standing against what God has established. People who take this kind of stand will get punished. 3 The authorities don’t frighten people who are doing the right thing. Rather, they frighten people who are doing wrong. Would you rather not be afraid of authority? Do what’s right, and you will receive its approval. 4 It is God’s servant given for your benefit. But if you do what’s wrong, be afraid because it doesn’t have weapons to enforce the law for nothing. It is God’s servant put in place to carry out his punishment on those who do what is wrong. 5 That is why it is necessary to place yourself under the government’s authority, not only to avoid God’s punishment but also for the sake of your conscience. 6 You should also pay taxes for the same reason, because the authorities are God’s assistants, concerned with this very thing. 7 So pay everyone what you owe them. Pay the taxes you owe, pay the duties you are charged, give respect to those you should respect, and honor those you should honor.
well then I suppose we should obey the law.
You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. 23 Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion. 24Do not defile yourselves by any of these things; for by all these the nations which I am casting out before you have become defiled.”

Why can the constitution be irrelevant when it serves your purpose but not when it does not serve your purpose.

Or, better yet, just treat everyone the same way under the same law. Even less complicated.
not really, to be same means that churches could be forced to perform the wedding.

Who was forcing churches to perform weddings before there was legal gay marriage?
Who was forcing a bakery to bake wedding cakes before gay marriage.
A bakery is not a church. A bakery in a state with PA laws must follow the law.
and a business has a right to exclude for various reasons. A Christian based bakery has legal foundation to deny being involved in a gay wedding.
Just like Wal Mart has a right not to sell a confederate flag.
What is a Christian based bakery? One that gives its profits to the poor?

...the excuse of religious zealots who'd like to ignore the 14th and treat gays as second class. ^

Yes. And changing a word does not change that situation.

:lol: homosexual couples have always existed and the religious zealots can't ever change that 'situation'.
religion has aways existed and homosexual couples cant change that.
Always?
Some sort of religion has existed since man first became aware. not so sure about gays, if that was the case Adam and Eve would have been masterbating and the story of the Bible would have been pretty short.
Religion was created by man, myths and fables such as 'Adam and Eve,' and because religion is a creation of man it is imbued with man's faults, failures, ignorance, and fears – completely devoid of legal merit.

Yes. And changing a word does not change that situation.

:lol: homosexual couples have always existed and the religious zealots can't ever change that 'situation'.
Always?
Some sort of religion has existed since man first became aware. not so sure about gays, if that was the case Adam and Eve would have been masterbating and the story of the Bible would have been pretty short.
Religion was created by man, myths and fables such as 'Adam and Eve,' and because religion is a creation of man it is imbued with man's faults, failures, ignorance, and fears – completely devoid of legal merit.

Religions are societal road maps, and to date you fucking faggot, no society that is / was homosexual driven / approved have prospered / flourished.

You have a perceived victory that will be short lived, I have already stated your laws can be repealed.

History will repeat itself and you vile disgusting faggots will be driven out of our society.

MARYLAND PATRIOT SAID:

“A Christian based bakery has legal foundation to deny being involved in a gay wedding.”

Wrong, not in a jurisdiction whose public accommodations law has a provision concerning sexual orientation.

There is no legal basis whatsoever in support of a person violating a just and proper law, such as state and local public accommodations laws, using religion as an 'excuse' or 'justification' for doing so. (Employment Division v. Smith)

But a business can deny entry due to a confederate flag tee-shirt, or refuse to se

Jesus never mentions homosexuality- at all.

But Paul says Christians should obey the law.

Romans 13
13 Every person should place themselves under the authority of the government. There isn’t any authority unless it comes from God, and the authorities that are there have been put in place by God. 2 So anyone who opposes the authority is standing against what God has established. People who take this kind of stand will get punished. 3 The authorities don’t frighten people who are doing the right thing. Rather, they frighten people who are doing wrong. Would you rather not be afraid of authority? Do what’s right, and you will receive its approval. 4 It is God’s servant given for your benefit. But if you do what’s wrong, be afraid because it doesn’t have weapons to enforce the law for nothing. It is God’s servant put in place to carry out his punishment on those who do what is wrong. 5 That is why it is necessary to place yourself under the government’s authority, not only to avoid God’s punishment but also for the sake of your conscience. 6 You should also pay taxes for the same reason, because the authorities are God’s assistants, concerned with this very thing. 7 So pay everyone what you owe them. Pay the taxes you owe, pay the duties you are charged, give respect to those you should respect, and honor those you should honor.
well then I suppose we should obey the law.
You shall not lie with a male as one lies with a female; it is an abomination. 23 Also you shall not have intercourse with any animal to be defiled with it, nor shall any woman stand before an animal to mate with it; it is a perversion. 24Do not defile yourselves by any of these things; for by all these the nations which I am casting out before you have become defiled.”

Well I am fine with Christians obeying Christian law.

But Paul says Christians are to obey earthly law- as in public accommodations laws.

and a business has a right to exclude for various reasons. A Christian based bakery has legal foundation to deny being involved in a gay wedding.

Not necessarily. It depends upon the state and the protected classes.

yeah that is where I wanted to enter the conversation.

I can see a motel room / medicine / food and I am sure a few more items that would be considered necessary to continue a comfortable life.

I don't see that cakes fall into that train of thought, any one who forces a baker to bake or any one to serve another against the servers personal feelings is wrong.

You can make people do things through laws, but you can't make them like it.

While this SCOTUS see's things that way, it doesn't make it majority popular and is certainly reversable.

I compare you folks to all those old temperance bitch's who danced and celebrated when temperance became law.

That was that America, the America that was right around the corner sure shit all over that law and the temperance movement.

When I read all the spilled milk post by the fag crowd seeking acceptance and waving their legal victories around, I can't help but picture all those fucking Teetotalers and their disappointment when it all came crashing down.

That crash is coming, will the voices of the gays be as loud as those of the temperance movement??

The temperance movement lost because they were stopping people from doing what they wanted to do. The anti-SSM movement lost for the same reason. People aren't seeking acceptance, they are demanding it. Good for them.

The temperance movement lost because that is not who we were societally.

Religion forced that change, gays have forced this change.

Eventually the good people will have enough and things will change.

That's the way it went down in Rome.

The society had fallen into such disgust and vile that it was easy for the Christians to come in and put homosexuality back into the closet in Rome.

History will repeat itself.

If that helps you out, then please go ahead and believe it.

It is truth. don't act like it is not ..................

Why can the constitution be irrelevant when it serves your purpose but not when it does not serve your purpose.

The Constitution is always relevant.

Why is the Bible only relevant when it serves your purpose?

Always?

and to date you fucking faggot, no society that is / was homosexual driven / approved have prospered / flourished.

Which societies are you imagining now? The Barbarian Christians who destroyed the Roman empire? LOL>....

Who was forcing churches to perform weddings before there was legal gay marriage?
Who was forcing a bakery to bake wedding cakes before gay marriage.

the state can not override your constitutional rights.
Which is why they can't outlaw SSM.

Always?

Religions are societal road maps, and to date you fucking faggot, no society that is / was homosexual driven / approved have prospered / flourished.

You have a perceived victory that will be short lived, I have already stated your laws can be repealed.

History will repeat itself and you vile disgusting faggots will be driven out of our society.
And here we see an example of the ignorance, hate, bigotry, and stupidity that warrants public accommodations laws, laws that are very much needed today as any time in our Nation's history.

I can see a motel room / medicine / food and I am sure a few more items that would be considered necessary to continue a comfortable life.

I don't see that cakes fall into that train of thought, any one who forces a baker to bake or any one to serve another against the servers personal feelings is wrong.

While this SCOTUS see's things that way, it doesn't make it majority popular and is certainly reversable.

I compare you folks to all those old temperance bitch's who danced and celebrated when temperance became law.

That was that America, the America that was right around the corner sure shit all over that law and the temperance movement.

When I read all the spilled milk post by the fag crowd seeking acceptance and waving their legal victories around, I can't help but picture all those fucking Teetotalers and their disappointment when it all came crashing down.

That crash is coming, will the voices of the gays be as loud as those of the temperance movement??

The temperance movement lost because they were stopping people from doing what they wanted to do. The anti-SSM movement lost for the same reason. People aren't seeking acceptance, they are demanding it. Good for them.

The society had fallen into such disgust and vile that it was easy for the Christians to come in and put homosexuality back into the closet in Rome.

Rome fell when the Christians took over.

The big thing in Sodom and Gamorrah was they were inhospitable and wanted to rape Angels.

The big thing in Sodom and Gamorrah was they were inhospitable and wanted to rape Angels.

Actually that was Sodom.

Gomorrah? Gomorrah seems to have had the misfortune to be next to Sodom.

You weren't quoting the Constitution, so it is constitutionally irrelevant.

If that helps you out, then please go ahead and believe it.

It is truth. don't act like it is not ..................

It is a total fantasy, but I am fine with you thinking otherwise. This is a free country and there is no law that says you have to live in the real world.

Forum List

Back