Would someone prove me wrong...USA has nearly 6 times the number of trees necessary

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
to absorb the entire CO2 emissions by 330 million people.
Here's how I figured it.
Using this chart I figured my usage from this source:Carbon dioxide emission footprint calculator and offset estimator
So my usage requires 94 trees to absorb the amount of CO2 I am responsible for in a year.
Based on this source http://www.savatree.com/tree-facts.html
About one third of the United States of America is covered by forests.
According to the last forest inventory, there are almost 247 billion trees over 1 inch in diameter in the U.S.
The average tree in an urban/city area has a life expectancy of only 8 years.
So if there are 330 million people like me (kids included) that works out to 31 billion trees needed to
absorb all the CO2 that ALL 330 million of us emit...where is the problem?
247 billion trees divided by 31 billion trees need means nearly 8 times the number of trees needed to
absorb the CO2 that 330 million people are responsible for causing. This includes manufacturing,etc.

Please prove me wrong and if so WHY are we destroying the coal industry causing unemployment and
higher utilities' cost?

Screen Shot 2016-03-14 at 7.58.21 AM.png

How come they don't ask how many farts you produce per day?

A typical breakdown of the chemical composition of farts is:

Nitrogen: 20-90%
Hydrogen: 0-50% (flammable)
Carbon dioxide: 10-30%
Oxygen: 0-10%
Methane: 0-10% (flammable)
What Are Farts Made Of?

But since I am NOT a vegan which per this article vegans fart more and more noxiously I can say for the rest of Americans my CO2 flatulate output is non-quantifiable !
Will Vegetarian Humans One Day 'Emit' More Carbon Dioxide & Methane Than Cows?

But regardless the issue is why haven't the globalwarmingevangelistas refuted the fact there are 8 times as many trees as necessary to sequester the
CO2 emitted by me and my fellow non-vegan million Americans?

Here's how I figured it.
Using this chart I figured my usage from this source:Carbon dioxide emission footprint calculator and offset estimator
So my usage requires 94 trees to absorb the amount of CO2 I am responsible for in a year.
Based on this source Tree Facts | Facts About Trees
According to the last forest inventory, there are almost 247 billion trees over 1 inch in diameter in the U.S.
So if there are 330 million people like me (kids included) that works out to 31 billion trees needed to
247 billion trees divided by 31 billion trees need means nearly 8 times the number of trees needed to
absorb the CO2 that 330 million people are responsible for causing. This includes manufacturing,etc.

Please prove me wrong and if so WHY are we destroying the coal industry causing unemployment and
higher utilities' cost?

View attachment 67235

The problem is your bad math and poor reading skills.
If 330 million Americans emit 38,000 pounds (19 tons) of CO2 per year, each, that's 12,540,000,000,000 pounds per year.

According to that silly site, "Tree offset calculation is based on a tree planted in the humid tropics absorbing on average 50 pounds (22 kg) of carbon dioxide annually over 40 years2 - each tree will absorb 1 ton of CO2 over its lifetime"

12,540,000,000,000 pounds per year divided by 50 pounds per year is 250,800,000,000 trees.
Not 31 billion trees.
Not taking into account the difference between a tree in the US versus a tree "planted in the humid tropics"

Here's how I figured it.

higher utilities' cost?

View attachment 67235

If 330 million Americans emit 38,000 pounds (19 tons) of CO2 per year, each, that's 12,540,000,000,000 pounds per year.

According to that silly site, "Tree offset calculation is based on a tree planted in the humid tropics absorbing on average 50 pounds (22 kg) of carbon dioxide annually over 40 years2 - each tree will absorb 1 ton of CO2 over its lifetime"

12,540,000,000,000 pounds per year divided by 50 pounds per year is 250,800,000,000 trees.
Not 31 billion trees.
Not taking into account the difference between a tree in the US versus a tree "planted in the humid tropics"

so my plant to sell carbon offset trees could still be game on

Here's how I figured it.

higher utilities' cost?

View attachment 67235

Not 31 billion trees.

so my plan(t) to sell carbon offset trees could still be game on

Lots of idiots out there.......

Here's how I figured it.

higher utilities' cost?

View attachment 67235

Not 31 billion trees.

The problem is YOUR poor math and reading skills:
You wrote: "The problem is your bad math and poor reading skills.
If 330 million Americans emit 38,000 pounds (19 tons) of CO2 per year, each, that's 12,540,000,000,000 pounds per year."

The problem is you used 38,000 lbs per person. WRONG!
That is per household with average household at 2.54 people! FACTS FACTS
This source http://ccfpd.org/NaturalResources/Facts_Chart.pdf says:
The average US household produces 7.5 tons of CO2 equivalents per year.

The Average HOUSEHOLD: 2.54...
Average household per this site: Average size of households in the U.S. 1960-2015 | Statistic
The average American household in 2015 consisted of 2.54 people.

Dividing then 7.5 tons by 2.54 people is average per person of 2,952 lbs...

If using your figure of 50 pounds per year of CO2 sequestered per tree... divided into 2,952 lbs equals 59 trees to sequester what one person uses per year.
If there are 330 million Americans at 60 trees per year per american that is : 19,488,188,976 trees...... or 13 times...using YOUR figures!
You've proven there is 13 times the amount of trees in the USA to sequester all the CO2 that Americans emit!

Now BASED on my needs I need 94.5 trees to sequester the CO2 that I calculated using this calculator: :Carbon dioxide emission footprint calculator and offset estimator

How many trees does it say will be needed to sequester my CO2 out put? 94.5 TREES!
There are 330 million people (remember 52 million are under age 18) but will use 330 million.
Multiple 330 million times 94.5 trees...how many trees do you get? 31.185 billion trees.

How many trees in the USA??? 247 billion trees...per this source:Tree Facts | Facts About Trees
Simple division right? 247 billion trees divided by 31.185 billion trees needed to sequester CO2

That means there is 7.9 times more trees then needed to sequester the output that each American uses in CO2 per year
Again 94.5 trees will sequester all the CO2 that one American emits again using this calculator! :Carbon dioxide emission footprint calculator and offset estimator
JBCO2use.png

Here's how I figured it.

higher utilities' cost?

View attachment 67235

Not 31 billion trees.

If 330 million Americans emit 38,000 pounds (19 tons) of CO2 per year, each, that's 12,540,000,000,000 pounds per year."

Average household per this site: Average size of households in the U.S. 1960-2015 | Statistic

If using your figure of 50 pounds per year of CO2 sequestered per tree... divided into 2,952 lbs equals 59 trees to sequester what one person uses per year.
If there are 330 million Americans at 60 trees per year per american that is : 19,488,188,976 trees...... or 13 times...using YOUR figures!
You've proven there is 13 times the amount of trees in the USA to sequester all the CO2 that Americans emit!

Now BASED on my needs I need 94.5 trees to sequester the CO2 that I calculated using this calculator: :Carbon dioxide emission footprint calculator and offset estimator

How many trees does it say will be needed to sequester my CO2 out put? 94.5 TREES!
There are 330 million people (remember 52 million are under age 18) but will use 330 million.
Multiple 330 million times 94.5 trees...how many trees do you get? 31.185 billion trees.

How many trees in the USA??? 247 billion trees...per this source:Tree Facts | Facts About Trees
Simple division right? 247 billion trees divided by 31.185 billion trees needed to sequester CO2

That means there is 7.9 times more trees then needed to sequester the output that each American uses in CO2 per year
Again 94.5 trees will sequester all the CO2 that one American emits again using this calculator! :Carbon dioxide emission footprint calculator and offset estimator
View attachment 67242

That is per household with average household at 2.54 people!

No. The problem is you said, "So if there are 330 million people like me"

That would be 330 million who emit the amount you emit.

Great, let's use 7.5 tons divided by 2.54.

You're a fucking moron.
7.5 tons is 15,000 pounds. Divided by 2.54 that's 5905.5 pounds per person.

using YOUR figures!

Nope. None of these figures are mine, I'm just using the figures you provide to highlight your errors.

If using your figure of 50 pounds per year of CO2 sequestered per tree... divided into 2,952 lbs equals 59 trees

50 pounds is not my figure, it's from your source. 50 pounds per year for the correct 5905.5 pounds of CO2 would be 118 trees per person times 330 million Americans 38.973 billion trees.

Well, they multiply number of trees needed by 5. And then they assume 2000 pounds per 5 trees.
So which do you prefer, 1 tree for 40 years for 2000 lbs, or 5 trees combined for some period for 2000 lbs?

Still stupid math. 94.5 trees times 50 pounds absorbed is 4725 pounds a year.
You said you released 18.9 tons or 37,800 pounds. You need 756 living trees to absorb
your output each year.

Here's how I figured it.

higher utilities' cost?

View attachment 67235

Not 31 billion trees.

View attachment 67242

You're a fucking moron.

using YOUR figures!

Nope. None of these figures are mine, I'm just using the figures you provide to highlight your errors.

If using your figure of 50 pounds per year of CO2 sequestered per tree... divided into 2,952 lbs equals 59 trees

50 pounds is not my figure, it's from your source. 50 pounds per year for the correct 5905.5 pounds of CO2 would be 118 trees per person times 330 million Americans 38.973 billion trees.

Well, they multiply number of trees needed by 5. And then they assume 2000 pounds per 5 trees.
So which do you prefer, 1 tree for 40 years for 2000 lbs, or 5 trees combined for some period for 2000 lbs?

You said you released 18.9 tons or 37,800 pounds. You need 756 living trees to absorb
your output each year.

You are right about my division.
BUT way way wrong about per person figure!
http://ccfpd.org/NaturalResources/Facts_Chart.pdf
YOU are wrong about 18.9 tons per person! It is per household.

The division of 15,000 lbs by 2.54 people is 5,905 lbs per person per year. I agree.

5,905 lbs/person divided by 50 pounds per tree would require 118 trees per person. Do you agree?
330 million people times 118 trees per person equals 38,976,377,953 trees.
247 billion trees divided by 38 billion is 6.34 times

So again Explain to me how come the concern about CO2 emissions when we have 6 times the amount of trees to sequester CO2?

Here's how I figured it.

higher utilities' cost?

View attachment 67235

Not 31 billion trees.

View attachment 67242

You're a fucking moron.

using YOUR figures!

your output each year.

You are right about my division.
http://ccfpd.org/NaturalResources/Facts_Chart.pdf
YOU are wrong about 18.9 tons per person! It is per household.

The division of 15,000 lbs by 2.54 people is 5,905 lbs per person per year. I agree.

5,905 lbs/person divided by 50 pounds per tree would require 118 trees per person. Do you agree?
330 million people times 118 trees per person equals 38,976,377,953 trees.
247 billion trees divided by 38 billion is 6.34 times

So again Explain to me how come the concern about CO2 emissions when we have 6 times the amount of trees to sequester CO2?

None of the figures are mine.

Taking 2 figures I don't care about, yes, my correction of your error is the right number, based on a tree "planted in the humid tropics" Average trees in the US probably absorb less. But I don't care.

So again Explain to me how come the concern about CO2 emissions

You'll have to ask a warmer.
It's hard enough to get you to admit your simple math errors, I'm not going to talk a warmer out of their issues.

You are right about my division. The division of 15,000 lbs by 2.54 people is 5,905 lbs per person per year. I agree.

Excellent! Always glad to correct you.
You ever admit your huge percentage error from your Obama vs Bush spending thread?

Wasn't it 8 times earlier? Did someone prove the OP wrong?

I did. Every time I check his math.
Of course I did! I admitted it. That's what really smart people do though and that's why I wanted some to refute it.
BUT yup I made a mistake and said 8 times .. Of this is still far more then the idiot who used 7.5 tons per person when it was per household!
This idiot said...You need 756 living trees to absorb and at 330 million that would be over 249 billion trees. WRONG.
AGAIN because this idiot can't admit a mistake like I admitted he still is wrong and reading skills woeful!
When you consider that the living tree absorbs 50 lbs/year and the average person emits 5,905 that means it will take 118 trees which is far closer to my original
mistake of 94.5 trees which I calculated using this site: :Carbon dioxide emission footprint calculator and offset estimator then your grossly exaggerated 756 trees.

Again as far as Obama's spending versus Bush.... wow!!!

Now a true comparison should be what is the total 8 years for Obama.
The estimate for 2016 is this: $3.525 trillion in Receipts..... $3.999 trillion in spending or a $.474 trillion.
Add that deficit to the total deficit Obama has rung up of $6.696 plus the 2016E of $.474 is $7.170 trillion total for 8 years.

Compare $7.170 trillion in deficit spending by Obama over 8 years to Bush's $2.005 deficit spending how much of an increase in the deficit spending?
Obama's deficit are 358% more then Bush's deficit spending.... i.e. nearly 400% deficit spending INCREASE by Obama!

You are right. I was wrong. it 347% not 400%.

You also forgot though to add to Obama's deficit the following:
TARP paid back $672B and Obama spent THAT!...
Add that to his $7.170 billion and you get $7.842 Billion or 391% more then Bush.

REMEMBER the deficits start at Zero each year. Bush started at Zero in 2001,Obama started at zero 2009!
If Bush spent exactly as much as came in the deficit would be zero. Therefore Obama started at ZERO deficit but spent each year more then Bush did!

TARP092415.png

Of course I did! I admitted it. That's what really smart people do though and that's why I wanted some to refute it.
BUT yup I made a mistake and said 8 times .. Of this is still far more then the idiot who used 7.5 tons per person when it was per household!
This idiot said...You need 756 living trees to absorb and at 330 million that would be over 249 billion trees. WRONG.
AGAIN because this idiot can't admit a mistake like I admitted he still is wrong and reading skills woeful!
When you consider that the living tree absorbs 50 lbs/year and the average person emits 5,905 that means it will take 118 trees which is far closer to my original
mistake of 94.5 trees which I calculated using this site: :Carbon dioxide emission footprint calculator and offset estimator then your grossly exaggerated 756 trees.

Of course I did! I admitted it.

Still waiting for you to also admit your error here:
In 6 years Obama has spent 400% more revenue ($6.2T) then Bush did in 8 years!

Of this is still far more then the idiot who used 7.5 tons per person when it was per household!

You made that mistake too? LOL!

This idiot said...You need 756 living trees to absorb

Yeah, based on your claim that you emit 37,800 pounds and the claim that a tree would absorb 50 pounds a year, 37800/50 = 756. Durr.

mistake of 94.5 trees which I calculated using this site

Your original error was based on your claim of 18.9 tons, for everyone
Bringing in a totally different source for emissions to defend your original bad math is silly at best, dishonest at worst.

AGAIN because this idiot can't admit a mistake

I've admitted every one of your mistakes. Durr.

Of this is still far more then the idiot who used 7.5 tons per person when it was per household!

Yeah, based on your claim that you emit 37,800 pounds and the claim that a tree would absorb 50 pounds a year, 37800/50 = 756. Durr.

Bringing in a totally different source for emissions to defend your original bad math is silly at best, dishonest at worst.

My first comment said 94.5 trees per person...based on this calculator did you try it? NOO!
Carbon dioxide emission footprint calculator and offset estimator
YOU were the one who mentioned 37,800 pounds per person!
I never said 7.5 tons per person! I said per household! I gave you the fact it was 7.5 tons per household. I gave you the fact there 2.54 people per household!
Which works out to 5,905 lbs per person! NOT 18.9 tons ! YOU wrote that!

YOU wrote "If 330 million Americans emit 38,000 pounds (19 tons) of CO2 per year, each, that's 12,540,000,000,000 pounds per year."

The estimate for 2016 is this: $3.525 trillion in Receipts..... $3.999 trillion in spending or a $.474 trillion.
Add that deficit to the total deficit Obama has rung up of $6.696 plus the 2016E of $.474 is $7.170 trillion total for 8 years.

Compare $7.170 trillion in deficit spending by Obama over 8 years to Bush's $2.005 deficit spending how much of an increase in the deficit spending?
Obama's deficit are 358% more then Bush's deficit spending.... i.e. nearly 400% deficit spending INCREASE by Obama!

Add that to his $7.170 billion and you get $7.842 Billion or 391% more then Bush.

REMEMBER the deficits start at Zero each year. Bush started at Zero in 2001,Obama started at zero 2009!
If Bush spent exactly as much as came in the deficit would be zero. Therefore Obama started at ZERO deficit but spent each year more then Bush did!

View attachment 67295

REMEMBER the deficits start at Zero each year.

Bush ran up the National Debt from $5.7 trillion to $10.6 trillion, he added $4.9 trillion.

Obama ran up the National Debt from $10.6 trillion to $19.1 trillion, so far, for an addition of $8.5 trillion.

8.5 is 73% more than 4.9

You should probably stop posting math, because you suck at it, seriously.

View attachment 67295

REMEMBER the deficits start at Zero each year.

Bush ran up the National Debt from $5.7 trillion to $10.6 trillion, he added $4.9 trillion.

Obama ran up the National Debt from $10.6 trillion to $19.1 trillion, so far, for an addition of $8.5 trillion.

8.5 is 73% more than 4.9

You should probably stop posting math, because you suck at it, seriously.

And once you are talking about the DEBT!
NOT deficit spending do you understand the difference???
The national debt is when there is a deficit the US borrows to pay the deficit. That borrowing adds to the DEBT!
The deficit spending by Obama WAS 400% more then Bush and remember NOTHING adverse has happened during Obama's terms!
NO hurricanes. NO 9/11... No dot.com bust that cost $8 trillion in market losses. NOTHING of those gigantic events.
So why is that hard to admit? THEY happened! Nothing like that has happened to obama. And in spite of NO major events that costs TAX revenues
ObAMA has spent 400% more then BUSH!

My first comment said 94.5 trees per person...based on this calculator did you try it? NOO!
Carbon dioxide emission footprint calculator and offset estimator
I never said 7.5 tons per person! I said per household! I gave you the fact it was 7.5 tons per household. I gave you the fact there 2.54 people per household!
Which works out to 5,905 lbs per person! NOT 18.9 tons ! YOU wrote that!

YOU wrote "If 330 million Americans emit 38,000 pounds (19 tons) of CO2 per year, each, that's 12,540,000,000,000 pounds per year."

Because you said, "So if there are 330 million people like me (kids included)"

I don't give a shit that, after the fact, you came up with a new source with a different number.
My correction of your bad math is based on your original post.

I never said 7.5 tons per person!

Neither did I.

I gave you the fact it was 7.5 tons per household. I gave you the fact there 2.54 people per household!

Yeah, based on those supposed facts I corrected another of your math errors in my post #8.

Which works out to 5,905 lbs per person!

Yes, my 5,905 pounds is correct, your 2,952 pounds was wrong.

NOT 18.9 tons ! YOU wrote that!

18.9 tons was the number you posted from your "foot print calculator"

This is the most retarded shit I've ever read. We really need an initiative to educate all the children that got "left behind" in their adulthood. People knew better two centuries ago

"I hope this will give some check to the rage of destroying trees that grow near houses, which has accompanied our late improvements in gardening, from an opinion of their being unwholesome. I am certain, from long observation, that there is nothing unhealthy in the air of woods; for we Americans have every where our country habitations in the midst of woods, and no people on earth enjoy better health, or are more prolific."
-- Benjamin Franklin; letter to Joseph Priestly (1772)

Forum List

Back