Would the Republicans sabotage the economy for political gain?

No, I didn't miss it. That occurred when Frank was a member of the minority party with no ability to block the majority party Republicans from passing the oversight needed to prevent the financial collapse.

And then he went on to be chairman when the Democrats took Congress in 2006. Recall the Democrats took Congress in 2006? Yeah, what did they do to prevent the collapse? Nothing.
What They Said About Fan and Fred - WSJ.com
You truly are a complete fucking imbecile. Democrats didn't actually take control of the Congress until 2007. By then, the vast majority of toxic loans which ultimately crashed the economy were already written.

At any rate, Barney Frank still introduced a housing reform bill just 2 months later. It passed in the House but died in the Senate. By July of 2007, Pelosi introduced a more comprehensive housing reform bill which was ultimately signed into law by Bush.

But it was too late, the nation needed Republicans to do that years earlier when they were in charge of Congress.
Who controlled the Senate in 2007? Yeah, Dems again.
The crisis didnt start until 2008. This is simply fact.

You mean the one that was passed in 2008, after the crisis had started?
Yeah, major fail.
You Moron. The crisis started before Democrats took over the Congress. By 2006, the housing bubble was already declining, on its way to bursting in 2008. Had Republicans passed a bill like that years earlier, there would not have been a Great Recession. Democrats came in to power and delivered it. Too little and too late, but they gave Bush what he was asking for since 2002.

You asked me to prove Democrats passed oversight in the Congress and I proved it.... let's see your evidence that Republicans passed oversight in the Congress ....

Oh, wait, they never did. Never mind. :eusa_doh:

Wow, rewrite history much? The crisis started during the presidential campaign 2008 in the summer. Remember John McCain suspending his campaign to go back to Washington to work it out? Yeah, that happened.
You provided no proof. You referenced a bill passed after the crisis had started, and long after Democrats took control of Congress in the 2006 election.
Had Democrats listened to Republicans on Fannie/Freddie there would not have been a crisis. The Democrats foo-fooed every suggestion there was anything wrong. The WSJ ran editorial after editorial on Freddie Mac warning that their statements were wrong and their financials were dangerous to the country. That was back in 2006.
Rightard, the cause of the crisis started years before the economy finally collapsed in 2008. As I said, the vast majority of toxic loans which caused the collapse, were written before 2007 when Democrats took over. In 2002, Bush was asking for oversight. By 2006, the housing bubble was already deflating. By 2007, foreclosures were already rising at an alarming rate. By the end of that same year, the country had already gone into recession. By 2008, the economy finally collapsed under the weight of all the toxic loans written years earlier .

You've proven to be too stupid to comprehend cause and effect. Hell, you didn't even know what year Frank took over as chairman of financial services committee.

It's like Republicans were driving a train to speeds guaranteed to derail the train at an upcoming curve in the tracks, and rightards like you blame the Democrats because they weren't given access to the brakes until the train already started coming off the tracks.

:cuckoo::cuckoo::cuckoo:

And then he went on to be chairman when the Democrats took Congress in 2006. Recall the Democrats took Congress in 2006? Yeah, what did they do to prevent the collapse? Nothing.
What They Said About Fan and Fred - WSJ.com
You truly are a complete fucking imbecile. Democrats didn't actually take control of the Congress until 2007. By then, the vast majority of toxic loans which ultimately crashed the economy were already written.

At any rate, Barney Frank still introduced a housing reform bill just 2 months later. It passed in the House but died in the Senate. By July of 2007, Pelosi introduced a more comprehensive housing reform bill which was ultimately signed into law by Bush.

But it was too late, the nation needed Republicans to do that years earlier when they were in charge of Congress.
Fucking imbecile.... the "crash" started in 2008. The "crisis" started many years before that.

Why do you persist in making such an ass of yourself by posting such absurdities just to lick the ass of your party?

Last edited:
You mean the one that was passed in 2008, after the crisis had started?
Yeah, major fail.
You Moron. The crisis started before Democrats took over the Congress. By 2006, the housing bubble was already declining, on its way to bursting in 2008. Had Republicans passed a bill like that years earlier, there would not have been a Great Recession. Democrats came in to power and delivered it. Too little and too late, but they gave Bush what he was asking for since 2002.

You asked me to prove Democrats passed oversight in the Congress and I proved it.... let's see your evidence that Republicans passed oversight in the Congress ....

Wow, rewrite history much? The crisis started during the presidential campaign 2008 in the summer. Remember John McCain suspending his campaign to go back to Washington to work it out? Yeah, that happened.
You provided no proof. You referenced a bill passed after the crisis had started, and long after Democrats took control of Congress in the 2006 election.
Had Democrats listened to Republicans on Fannie/Freddie there would not have been a crisis. The Democrats foo-fooed every suggestion there was anything wrong. The WSJ ran editorial after editorial on Freddie Mac warning that their statements were wrong and their financials were dangerous to the country. That was back in 2006.

Yeah, I remember that political stunt. Exactly what was the going to go do? Although I must admit nothing could compare to the press briefing he gave about not getting any information about Benghazi, while the hearing about Benghazi was happening. :lol:

Rightard, the cause of the crisis started years before the economy finally collapsed in 2008. As I said, the vast majority of toxic loans which caused the collapse, were written before 2007 when Democrats took over. In 2002, Bush was asking for oversight. By 2006, the housing bubble was already deflating. By 2007, foreclosures were already rising at an alarming rate. By the end of that same year, the country had already gone into recession. By 2008, the economy finally collapsed under the weight of all the toxic loans written years earlier .

You've proven to be too stupid to comprehend cause and effect. Hell, you didn't even know what year Frank took over as chairman of financial services committee.

It's like Republicans were driving a train to speeds guaranteed to derail the train at an upcoming curve in the tracks, and rightards like you blame the Democrats because they weren't given access to the brakes until the train already started coming off the tracks.

Sorry, tracing the "root causes" back to the time the GOP controlled Congress is a fail of an argument. The truth is the Democrats took power in 2007, the crisis hit in summer of 2008 and between those two events the Democrats did absolutely nothing to prevent it. Yeah, Frank took over as chair in 2007. What about it?

Fucking imbecile.... the "crash" started in 2008. The "crisis" started many years before that.

Why do you persist in making such an ass of yourself by posting such absurdities just to lick the ass of your party?

Oh here we are moving goalposts. There was no "crisis" prior to the crash. Yes there were factors leading up to it. There always are. But you look like the partisan buffoon you are by trying to rewind history.
Even so, the Democrats occupied positions of power and influence even prior to their takeover in 2007. Please post the bills, statements or other policy suggestions they made to avert the crisis. Surely if the crisis started when you say then everyone knew it and the Dems could take the lead here.

Yeah, I remember that political stunt. Exactly what was the going to go do? Although I must admit nothing could compare to the press briefing he gave about not getting any information about Benghazi, while the hearing about Benghazi was happening. :lol:
It wasnt going to do anything except show him as assuming leadership in a time of crisis. It was a no win for McCain. But that's besides the point. It anchors the crisis in the summer of 2008, not back to 2006 like Fail wants to say.

Stupid question. On day one McConnell and Co. holed up together and swore to each other to "make this a one term president." Stop with the stupid questions.

Short answer to the topic's theme: "Yes". Next question, would gay activists sabotage the democratic party for political gains, rendering them incapable of any of their most important platforms?

Short answer, "Yes"... We can do without extremists in this country right now. We need a central movement quickly.

I think they would. I think some of them truly believe extending those benefits harms the enonomy even though they are wrong. Others do know extending is the right thing to do and really are sabotaging the economy for political gain. They want to put that job growth to an end just to embarrass Obama.

If extending unemployment benefits are good for the economy, let's extend them indefinitely.

Why would we do that?

Because it helps the economy, silly! Imagine how this economy would BOOM if everyone went on unemployment? Makes me want to run out, leave both my jobs, and join the patriotic unemployment gravy train. I urge all others to consider the same economy-stimulating acts, as well.

Sorry, tracing the "root causes" back to the time the GOP controlled Congress is a fail of an argument. The truth is the Democrats took power in 2007, the crisis hit in summer of 2008 and between those two events the Democrats did absolutely nothing to prevent it.

Just when I thought you couldn't say anything dumber, you shatter my expectations.

Dumbfuck, I've been talking about the potential for prevention of the collapse, not the root cause. The root cause dates back even further. Despite your abject ignorance, the damage to the credit markets and housing markets was done by the time Democrats took over the Congress. Here's an article from 2006 that was among the first signs that toxic loans were causing an increase in foreclosures.

Foreclosure Numbers at New Highs: Are Toxic Loans To Blame?

24 April 2006

But new figures from RealtyTrac , an online foreclosure marketplace that covers some 2,500 counties nationwide, show that in March 2006 the number of homes entering the foreclosure process increased by 323,102 properties. That's 72 percent higher than a year earlier.

Eternal optimists may say this is good news for those who deal in foreclosures. But while foreclosure clean-up is necessary, if there's an increased number foreclosures in your neighborhood and properties begin to sell at low values, guess what happens to local home prices? Guess what happens to the value of your home?

I wonder, how much blame to you place on the Republicans vs the Democrats for not passing oversight?

Yeah, Frank took over as chair in 2007. What about it?
Nothing other than you said "2006." Yet another shining example of just how fucking retarded you really are.

The unemployment extension bill might not have any Republican votes in the Senate and House Majority Leader Cantor said he will not bring a bill to the floor for a vote. The reasons the Republicans give for opposing extending unemployment benefits for 3 months are wide and varied. Could the primary reason for the opposition be to blame the Democrats for a bad economy? In other words, would the Republicans sabotage the economy for political gain?

No.

Sorry, tracing the "root causes" back to the time the GOP controlled Congress is a fail of an argument. The truth is the Democrats took power in 2007, the crisis hit in summer of 2008 and between those two events the Democrats did absolutely nothing to prevent it.

Just when I thought you couldn't say anything dumber, you shatter my expectations.

Dumbfuck, I've been talking about the potential for prevention of the collapse, not the root cause. The root cause dates back even further. Despite your abject ignorance, the damage to the credit markets and housing markets was done by the time Democrats took over the Congress. Here's an article from 2006 that was among the first signs that toxic loans were causing an increase in foreclosures.

24 April 2006

But new figures from RealtyTrac , an online foreclosure marketplace that covers some 2,500 counties nationwide, show that in March 2006 the number of homes entering the foreclosure process increased by 323,102 properties. That's 72 percent higher than a year earlier.

Eternal optimists may say this is good news for those who deal in foreclosures. But while foreclosure clean-up is necessary, if there's an increased number foreclosures in your neighborhood and properties begin to sell at low values, guess what happens to local home prices? Guess what happens to the value of your home?

I wonder, how much blame to you place on the Republicans vs the Democrats for not passing oversight?

Nothing other than you said "2006." Yet another shining example of just how fucking retarded you really are.
Are you still here? I would have thought being squashed like a bug would be enough.
What did the Dems do when they took over Congress to forestall any of it? Yeah, nothing. We know.

I note your article mentions foreclosures are at an all time high of 1%. No one was noticing at that level. How many hours of Google did it take you to pull that one article out of your ass?

Last edited:
The unemployment extension bill might not have any Republican votes in the Senate and House Majority Leader Cantor said he will not bring a bill to the floor for a vote. The reasons the Republicans give for opposing extending unemployment benefits for 3 months are wide and varied. Could the primary reason for the opposition be to blame the Democrats for a bad economy? In other words, would the Republicans sabotage the economy for political gain?

No.

Simple. Eloquent. Meaningless.

Oh here we are moving goalposts. There was no "crisis" prior to the crash. Yes there were factors leading up to it. There always are. But you look like the partisan buffoon you are by trying to rewind history.
Even so, the Democrats occupied positions of power and influence even prior to their takeover in 2007. Please post the bills, statements or other policy suggestions they made to avert the crisis. Surely if the crisis started when you say then everyone knew it and the Dems could take the lead here.
WTF are you talking about? Republicans controlled every committee. Democrats were the minority party. There were Democrats who were minority leaders, but they had no power greater than their Republican counterparts.

Republicans were in charge. Republicans failed to pass oversight.

24 April 2006

Are you still here? I would have thought being squashed like a bug would be enough.
What did the Dems do when they took over Congress to forestall any of it? Yeah, nothing. We know.

I note your article mentions foreclosures are at an all time high of 1%. No one was noticing at that level. How many hours of Google did it take you to pull that one article out of your ass?
That you think you squashed anything only serves to demonstrate just how delusional you are; and your idiocy of blaming Democrats for passing a bill when Republicans failed to pass any bill at all serves to demonstrate how retarded you are.

The search itself took minutes. And that "all time high of 1%" was enough to generate an article questioning the concern of the alarming growth of toxic loans -- in April of 2006.

By 2007, the damage was done. Record levels of foreclosures (at that time) was sweeping the nation.

Despite Near record Foreclosure Listings Filings in 2007, Foreclosure Crisis Expected to Deepen in 2008

While the year 2007 saw more foreclosure listings come on the books in most states than in any previous years of the recent foreclosure boom, experts are now saying 2008 is primed to be even worse, and that the foreclosure listings epidemic is far from over.

With over 1.8 million homes having already become the subject of foreclosure listings since the beginning of the real estate crisis, it seems that the continued downslide in home values and buyers nationwide is changing the face of the types of foreclosure listings we are seeing appear. In previous years, most of the foreclosure listings activity has been linked to sub-prime mortgages. These mortgages surged in popularity during the later years of the housing boom which preceded the real estate crisis, as they offered low initial cost mortgages to borrowers with bad credit history and low income. The dream of home ownership at a low cost appealed to many, but unfortunately many of these loans carried adjustable rates, which resulted in huge increases in monthly payments due after the first year of instatement. This left many low income homeowners reeling, and sent many properties in states across the nation to foreclosure listings.

Hey, Dumbfuck ... look at that ... it was a crisis despite your insane cries that the crisis didn't begin until the summer of 2008.

And you never did answer the question ... what percentage of blame do you assign to Republicans vs Democrats? Keep in mind, Republicans = 4 years, 0 bills passed; Democrast = 1½ years = 1 bill passed

24 April 2006

That you think you squashed anything only serves to demonstrate just how delusional you are; and your idiocy of blaming Democrats for passing a bill when Republicans failed to pass any bill at all serves to demonstrate how retarded you are.

The search itself took minutes. And that "all time high of 1%" was enough to generate an article questioning the concern of the alarming growth of toxic loans -- in April of 2006.

By 2007, the damage was done. Record levels of foreclosures (at that time) was sweeping the nation.

Despite Near record Foreclosure Listings Filings in 2007, Foreclosure Crisis Expected to Deepen in 2008

While the year 2007 saw more foreclosure listings come on the books in most states than in any previous years of the recent foreclosure boom, experts are now saying 2008 is primed to be even worse, and that the foreclosure listings epidemic is far from over.

With over 1.8 million homes having already become the subject of foreclosure listings since the beginning of the real estate crisis, it seems that the continued downslide in home values and buyers nationwide is changing the face of the types of foreclosure listings we are seeing appear. In previous years, most of the foreclosure listings activity has been linked to sub-prime mortgages. These mortgages surged in popularity during the later years of the housing boom which preceded the real estate crisis, as they offered low initial cost mortgages to borrowers with bad credit history and low income. The dream of home ownership at a low cost appealed to many, but unfortunately many of these loans carried adjustable rates, which resulted in huge increases in monthly payments due after the first year of instatement. This left many low income homeowners reeling, and sent many properties in states across the nation to foreclosure listings.

Hey, Dumbfuck ... look at that ... it was a crisis despite your insane cries that the crisis didn't begin until the summer of 2008.

And you never did answer the question ... what percentage of blame do you assign to Republicans vs Democrats? Keep in mind, Republicans = 4 years, 0 bills passed; Democrast = 1½ years = 1 bill passed
What did the Democrats do about it when they took control of the House and Senate? Oh yeah, nothing.
You aren't very bright, are you?

Forum List

Back