🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Would you be in favor of a repeal of smoking bans ....

Would you be in favor of a repeal of smoking bans in bars and retaurants?

• No. They are fair.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Yes. They are unfair.

Votes: 38 63.3%
  • No. They are unfair but I prefer they remain.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Yes. They are fair but I'd rather they be lifted.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
Really? Show me the legal scripture that says such buildings are public property.
Why do you keep confusing the concept of "public property" with the concept of "public space"?
I think this thread left you in the dust some several pages back.

Really? Show me the legal scripture that says such buildings are public property.
Why do you keep confusing the concept of "public property" with the concept of "public space"?
I think this thread left you in the dust some several pages back.

Well I kept talking about private property (which it is) and someone kept claiming that it's public so I assume that's what they meant.

Abhor is your word not mine.

Smokers are not being discriminated against in the least. They are perfectly free to enter any bar or restaurant they wish. No one is permitted to light up in them. That rule applies to everyone.

Funny thing is that most racists won't admit to abhoring people of a different color either.

Immie
That was low!
You must be getting pretty desperate if you are trying to link me to racists.
Why would I abhor smokers when most smokers are considerate people who don't smoke around other people who don't like it. Don't let a loud and obnoxious minority define how you view smokers, Immie.

Perhaps you abhor non smokers yet won't admit it?

Yes, of course, I abhor myself.

You are discriminating against people you do not like. That is what racists do. I am just pointing out the facts.

Immie

Don't twist my words, I was promoting nothing of the sort.

Really? Then maybe you should clarify this post! Sounds to me like you are both a) promoting the legalization of pot smoking and b) allowing it in more places than tobacco smoking.

No, I am saying that marijuana smoking should be permitted anywhere that tobacco smoking is permitted. Maybe in more places since marijuana has not been shown as yet to cause all the serious health problems that tobacco smoke does.

And you are willing to allow it in more places because you like the smell of it. I think it smells like burning shit, but here we go again, your rights take precedence over my rights.

Immie
Read it again. It's your incorrect assumption that I said MAYBE marijuana should be allowed in more places because I "like the smell" even though I explicitly said " since marijuana has not been shown as yet to cause all the serious health problems that tobacco smoke does.
My previous posts make it clear I am for the smoking bans, for both substances.
I never said I was willing to allow it anywhere, I said "maybe' concerning pot in some places because I wanted to give it more thought. Maybe means undecided.

Do I really have to go back and find the post where you said you liked the smell?

Here you go:

Question for all you numbnuts who are against smoking bans in public areas.

When marijuana finally becomes completely decriminalized as it eventually will, are you going to stand up and shout that marijuana smokers have every right to smoke in public places and that their desire to smoke trumps that of the majority of other people who do not smoke and don't want to have to inhale the smoke?
Are you going to claim that bar and restaurant owners have every right to permit it in their eating and drinking establishments and that health codes and workplace safety regulations don't apply in these places?

Both tobaccos and marijuana contain narcotics though only nicotine, as far as I am aware is physically addictive.
Marijuana first or second hand smoke is not known to cause cancer or heart disease or ear infections in young children whereas tobacco smoke is known to cause those things.
The most common method of ingestion for both is via lit cigarette.
When pot becomes as legal as tobacco are you going to be fine with being smoked everywhere that you believe tobacco smoke should be permitted?

Personally, I like the smell of marijuana and don't mind at all if people smoke it around me. But I don't think it should be allowed in areas where other people have to inhale it. I feel the same about tobacco.

Funny how you are not opposed to letting people smoke marijuana around you because you like the smell of burning shit, but, you refuse to allow any people who like the smell of tobacco the same privilege.

Come to think of it, I do like the smell of some tobacco. I love the smell of a pipe. My grandfather used to smoke one and the aroma was almost heavenly, but because of people that believe in extinguishing other people's rights, I don't even have the right to smell pipe tobacco.

Immie

Last edited:
Funny thing is that most racists won't admit to abhoring people of a different color either.

Immie
That was low!
Why would I abhor smokers when most smokers are considerate people who don't smoke around other people who don't like it. Don't let a loud and obnoxious minority define how you view smokers, Immie.

You are discriminating against people you do not like. That is what racists do. I am just pointing out the facts.

Immie
And I pointed out to you that smokers are not discriminated against. The are free to enter any bar or restaurant they want to.

To equate smoker's complaints that they can't smoke everywhere they want to with blacks being lynched and denied the right to vote is an insult to black people and people of all races everywhere.

Why stop at trying to derail this thread by comparing me to racists? Why not do what manifold did yesterday and make up a nasty lie about me? Maybe you will be more successful that he was at getting me to stop defending my point of view?

Funny how you are not opposed to letting people smoke marijuana around you because you like the smell of burning shit, but, you refuse to allow any people who like the smell of tobacco the same privilege.

Personal taste. Marijuana smell good. It's tobacco that smells like shit. Whenever it's a situation where the marijuana smoke is not harming anyone else, I have no objection to anyone smoking it around me.
Come to think of it, I do like the smell of some tobacco. I love the smell of a pipe. My grandfather used to smoke one and the aroma was almost heavenly, but because of people that believe in extinguishing other people's rights, I don't even have the right to smell pipe tobacco.

Immie
:eusa_boohoo:
Go light a pipe and sniff it all you want in your own home.
I also happen to sometimes like the smell of pipe tobacco, as long as it's not too close by because my father used to smoke a pipe. Pipe tobacco does not have salt peter and arsenic in it and all the nasty stuff they add to cigarettes to make them burn faster. Just because I sometimes like it doesn't mean I think the smoking bans should be repealed. There are other people concerned and they have the right not to have to breath in pipe tobacco. Of course because you are selfish and want to be able to smell pipe tobacco at a restaurant where other people are eating, you think the bans should be lifted. A little self-centered aren't you?

That was low!

Immie
And I pointed out to you that smokers are not discriminated against. The are free to enter any bar or restaurant they want to.

To equate smoker's complaints that they can't smoke everywhere they want to with blacks being lynched and denied the right to vote is an insult to black people and people of all races everywhere.

Why stop at trying to derail this thread by comparing me to racists? Why not do what manifold did yesterday and make up a nasty lie about me? Maybe you will be more successful that he was at getting me to stop defending my point of view?

I simply pointed out that you are discriminating against smoker. If you don't like it, then stop discriminating.

Immie

Personal taste. Marijuana smell good. It's tobacco that smells like shit. Whenever it's a situation where the marijuana smoke is not harming anyone else, I have no objection to anyone smoking it around me.

Immie
:eusa_boohoo:
Go light a pipe and sniff it all you want in your own home.
I also happen to sometimes like the smell of pipe tobacco, as long as it's not too close by because my father used to smoke a pipe. Pipe tobacco does not have salt peter and arsenic in it and all the nasty stuff they add to cigarettes to make them burn faster. Just because I sometimes like it doesn't mean I think the smoking bans should be repealed. There are other people concerned and they have the right not to have to breath in pipe tobacco. Of course because you are selfish and want to be able to smell pipe tobacco at a restaurant where other people are eating, you think the bans should be lifted. A little self-centered aren't you?

Wrong, this entire thread has been about your self-centeredness.

Immie

Really? Then maybe you should clarify this post! Sounds to me like you are both a) promoting the legalization of pot smoking and b) allowing it in more places than tobacco smoking.

No, I am saying that marijuana smoking should be permitted anywhere that tobacco smoking is permitted. Maybe in more places since marijuana has not been shown as yet to cause all the serious health problems that tobacco smoke does.

And you are willing to allow it in more places because you like the smell of it. I think it smells like burning shit, but here we go again, your rights take precedence over my rights.

Immie
Read it again. It's your incorrect assumption that I said MAYBE marijuana should be allowed in more places because I "like the smell" even though I explicitly said " since marijuana has not been shown as yet to cause all the serious health problems that tobacco smoke does.
I never said I was willing to allow it anywhere, I said "maybe' concerning pot in some places because I wanted to give it more thought. Maybe means undecided.

Not able to admit you misread or perhaps deliberately twisted my words, Immie?

Is there any point in me continuing to debate this issue if even you can't be honest or refrain from playing silly games?

Immie

I simply pointed out that you are discriminating against smoker. If you don't like it, then stop discriminating.

Immie

The only thing being discriminated against is the cigarette smoke and as that is not a person, it has no rights.
Using your Looney Tune interpretation of discrimination, you are guilty of it yourself by denying people the right not to have to inhale cigarette smoke in a public place.

Face it, you abhor anyone who stands up for their rights to a smokefree working, dining or drinking environment.

Immie

Is there any point in me continuing to debate this issue if even you can't be honest or refrain from playing silly games?

I posted everything you said and have not mis-read or twisted anything you said.

Are you now retracting your comments?

You stated very clearly that you like the smell of marijuana.

You stated very clearly that you do not like the smell of tobacco smoke.

You have stated throughout this thread that you believe your rights supersede the rights of smokers.

You stated very clearly that you believed that if marijuana was legalized it should be allowed in more places than tobacco.

What did I twist?

You should not continue this discussion, because you have proven that you discriminate against people you don't like. You have only made yourself out to look like a bigot.

I think you are pissed at me for having a different opinion than you and not caving in to your perceived notion that all smokers should be locked away in a closet whenever and for however long they continue to smoke.

Immie

Immie

The only thing being discriminated against is the cigarette smoke and as that is not a person, it has no rights.
Using your Looney Tune interpretation of discrimination, you are guilty of it yourself by denying people the right not to have to inhale cigarette smoke in a public place.

Face it, you abhor anyone who stands up for their rights to a smokefree working, dining or drinking environment.

Haha, getting desperate aren't you.

Now, you are even trying to reverse my own arguments and use them against me. They must have been fairly successful, but your stubbornness refuses to let you back down.

Immie

I posted everything you said and have not mis-read or twisted anything you said.

You have stated throughout this thread that you believe your rights supersede the rights of smokers.

You stated very clearly that you believed that if marijuana was legalized it should be allowed in more places than tobacco.

What did I twist?

You should not continue this discussion, because you have proven that you discriminate against people you don't like. You have only made yourself out to look like a bigot.

I think you are pissed at me for having a different opinion than you and not caving in to your perceived notion that all smokers should be locked away in a closet whenever and for however long they continue to smoke.

Immie
I think that you have sunk to a level of dishonesty at this point that there is no further point in my engaging with you. You are deliberately lying in your statements above. This was supposed to be a debate about repealing smoking bans but now you are just trying your best to annoy me, any way you can, like a common troll.

Oh Cmon----a common troll wouldn't waste two words on you, Eel lady. Give him more credit than that (and what's wrong with annoying you anyway ? )

What did I twist?

Immie
I think that you have sunk to a level of dishonesty at this point that there is no further point in my engaging with you. You are deliberately lying in your statements above. This was supposed to be a debate about repealing smoking bans but now you are just trying your best to annoy me, any way you can, like a common troll.

I've read this entire thread and Immie summed up your position in a nutshell. Where is he deliberately lying in his above statements? Are you saying you didn't make those claims?

What did I twist?

Immie

I've read this entire thread and Immie summed up your position in a nutshell. Where is he deliberately lying in his above statements? Are you saying you didn't make those claims?
Yes

Prove this:

"You stated very clearly that you believed that if marijuana was legalized it should be allowed in more places than tobacco."

What did I twist?

Immie

Since you refuse to show where I am lying, I am certain that it is in fact you who are lying.

Immie

Yes

Prove this:

"You stated very clearly that you believed that if marijuana was legalized it should be allowed in more places than tobacco."

However, you were promoting the idea of legalizing it in even more places than smoking tobacco is allowed which would increase the likelihood that I could seriously be affected by your idea.

Immie

If you are essentially asking if we should allow Hash bars where a consumer can sit down and SMOKE POT in public on par with Amsterdam then yes.

Immie

Proven. Now retract your lies about me!

Immie

Yes

Prove this:

Immie just did.

Yes

Prove this:

Immie

Proven. Now retract your lies about me!

Immie
You are ignoring the maybe. But I already explained that to you, more than once. You are also ignoring the other posts where I said I had withheld my opinion on it because I had to think about it more.

Find someone else to feed you, troll.

Forum List

Back