🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Would you be in favor of a repeal of smoking bans ....

Would you be in favor of a repeal of smoking bans in bars and retaurants?

• No. They are fair.

Votes: 18 30.0%
  • Yes. They are unfair.

Votes: 38 63.3%
  • No. They are unfair but I prefer they remain.

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Yes. They are fair but I'd rather they be lifted.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Undecided

Votes: 3 5.0%

• Total voters
Public nudity is against the law in my State as in many others. So since there are public nudity laws. You are saying all strip clubs open to the public should be closed due to a violation of the public nudity laws. Correct?

Strip clubs have strict rules and regulations regarding them and one can not choose to go nude to Mcdonalds, Walmart, or any other place that falls outside of the rules regarding public nudity.

So that business has the right to offer a service even though there is a public law against it. This should be no different for the bars and resturants. There was a good point made earlier about the gay clubs. Now if a Muslim, Christian or just a moralist goes to a strip club can they demand they enforce the laws because it it a public place?
Excellent question.

And excellent point.

this is a representative sample of the population of USMB. I garentfuckingtee this would be reflective if this issue were left to a VOTE. But, as with usual fascist motherfuckers, nearly every instance of banned smoking is the product of city aldermen or other handfuls of elected people.

In fact, here in Columbia Missouri pink lunger fought to keep this issue OFF of the ballot so that it didn't get overturned after it was voted into effect by, you guessed it, our city council.

and, for real, dude.... given YOUR source of "evidence" you probably don't want to talk about valid statistics. just saying.

a bunch of people who sit around on a message board a good portion of the day would most likely have a bigger number of smokers on it as compared to the population in general.

that certainly is your assumption.. but, we've seen how worthless those are so...

put it to a vote. you'll learn all about it. But, your kind won't allow that. and, we both know why.

You are perfectly capable of putting forth that poll here.

You have completely misunderstood my stance. I made a point that my preference of the smell of one type of smoke over the other does not negate the right of anyone else who does not like the smell of pot to have to put up with it. Why not argue the points I make instead of inventing stuff I never said?

why not choose to take your fucking ass to a non smoking bar and make this entire debate a moot point?

Oh, we are ALL full of questions, aren't we?
Already answered that question ad nauseum. Try to keep up.

Was it when you pretended you gave a damn about the employees who could also choose to leave?

why not choose to take your fucking ass to a non smoking bar and make this entire debate a moot point?

Oh, we are ALL full of questions, aren't we?
Already answered that question ad nauseum. Try to keep up.

Was it when you pretended you gave a damn about the employees who could also choose to leave?

Yeah screw paying the bills and buying food to eat, jobs just grow on trees out there.

Ever read the sign:

"We have the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason"?

How about this one:

"No shirt; no shoes no service"?

The owner of the business has the right to offer or refuse service to whomever he/she wants. IMHO of course!

Immie
Do you believe "WHITES ONLY" policies are an owner's right as well?

No, discrimination based upon skin color is illegal, and should be, just as smoking marijuana is. Smoking tobacco is not yet illegal.

Immie
Discrimination based on skin color is not entirely illegal. For example, I have the right to refuse to invite white people to my backyard barbecue at my privately owned home, if I want. Why should I not have the right not to allow white people into my privately owned restaurant if I want? The answer is my restaurant is a public space. Get it now why public spaces that are privately owned are subject to laws governing them?

Smoking certainly is illegal in many places, to claim it is legal is incorrect.
You said, "The owner of the business has the right to offer or refuse service to whomever he/she wants.". It that kind of thinking that got the Jim Crow laws enacted.

Last edited:
But you have to admit that if a cop tried to arrest a stripper for public nudity while doing their job they would be laughed out of court, so the point remains.

No it doesnt, strip clubs have to abide by the rules and regulations established for them, a stripper sets one food outside of the designated area naked she will be subject to arrest

And yet the general area around it is still open to the public.
You bring up an interesting point. Perhaps because the laws have determined that the stripper's nudity when kept within a certain area, is not a hazard to anyone. Same as how smokers are allowed to smoke where they don't harm anyone but themselves.

And the area around the stripper is not entirely open to the public. I doubt children are allowed in a strip club.

I probably just scanned over your point and ignored it like you do everyone elses point.
If you think I ignore your points why do you bother posting to me?

Wasn't talking about my points, you've got a thing for me... :eusa_whistle: Okay, since this is dreamers day, I can play my games, but whose posts did you totally ignore earlier in this thread? He did all that work to dig up information for you and you didn't even have the courage to acknowledge it.

Immie

Last edited:
I disagree with the more places part, you can get a contact high by breathing marijuana smoke.

Which would lead to me being intoxicated... then if I drove even though I had not smoked mj... got pulled over and arrested for DUI, I would be responsible yet the pot smoker would be to blame. I wonder if Anguille would be willing to pay the fines of all non pot smokers that were busted for DUI, just for being around the stuff.

Immie
Since I don't favor allowing people to smoke marijuana in public places just like I am opposed to people smoking tobacco in public places, you would not even risk being exposed to enough marijuana smoke to make you fail a DUI test, if exposure to secondhand pot smoke could even produce that effect.

However, you were promoting the idea of legalizing it in even more places than smoking tobacco is allowed which would increase the likelihood that I could seriously be affected by your idea.

Immie

Do you believe "WHITES ONLY" policies are an owner's right as well?

No, discrimination based upon skin color is illegal, and should be, just as smoking marijuana is. Smoking tobacco is not yet illegal.

Immie
Discrimination based on skin color is not entirely illegal. For example, I have the right to refuse to invite white people to my backyard barbecue at my privately owned home, if I want. Why should I not have the right not to allow white people into my privately owned restaurant if I want? The answer is my restaurant is a public space. Get it now why public spaces that are privately owned are subject to laws governing them?

Smoking certainly is illegal in many places, to claim it is legal is incorrect.
You said, "The owner of the business has the right to offer or refuse service to whomever he/she wants.". It that kind of thinking that got the Jim Crow laws abolished.

Believe it or not, I was actually refused service in a restaurant in Mississippi because I was white.

And it is not the same thing, except in the fact that you are attempting to discriminate against people you abhor.

Immie

No it doesnt, strip clubs have to abide by the rules and regulations established for them, a stripper sets one food outside of the designated area naked she will be subject to arrest

And yet the general area around it is still open to the public.
You bring up an interesting point. Perhaps because the laws have determined that the stripper's nudity when kept within a certain area, is not a hazard to anyone. Same as how smokers are allowed to smoke where they don't harm anyone but themselves.

And the area around the stripper is not entirely open to the public. I doubt children are allowed in a strip club.

If that's all it takes for you to consider them not public then OK, bars don't allow anyone under 21 (making them more restrictive than strip clubs) so...

Would you be in favor of a repeal of smoking bans in bars and retaurants?
No. They are fair. 16 29.63%
Yes. They are unfair. 34 62.96%
No. They are unfair but I prefer they remain. 1 1.85%
Yes. They are fair but I'd rather they be lifted. 0 0%
Undecided 3 5.56%

QUICK! TELL US ALL HOW THESE NUMBERS INDICATE THAT MORE PEOPLE WANT SMOKING BANS TO CONTINUE, CARRIE NATION!

Wow you sure go straight to the scientific type polls to get your point across.

:rofl:

Every bar that has gone out of business in Columbia Missouri since the ban went into effect catered to smokers.
Again, bars do not cater to smokers, they do not sell tobacco. They do not rely on the sale of tobacco as a main source of income. If some bars known to be heavily frequented by smokers went out of business in MO after the ban it's their own fault for already having driven off the rest of the population that does not want to put up with the smoke. The smokers put their own favorite hangouts out of business by being so rude as to smoke in them.

Forum List

Back