🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Would you have been a strike breaker?

Pedro de San Patricio

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2015
California
I was thinking and realized a few days ago that I totally would have been. I just can't really respect the left's use of synchronized laziness as a political tactic - especially when it almost always involves breaking the terms of the contract they signed before deciding their strength in numbers meant it was no longer good enough. Is that just me? If you were of age during the labor struggles, would you have joined them, or would you have taken one of the jobs they abandoned? What would be your reasoning?

I would have no issue with crossing a picket line.

If I needed the work to support my family I would work any job I could get

I was thinking and realized a few days ago that I totally would have been. I just can't really respect the left's use of synchronized laziness as a political tactic - especially when it almost always involves breaking the terms of the contract they signed before deciding their strength in numbers meant it was no longer good enough. Is that just me? If you were of age during the labor struggles, would you have joined them, or would you have taken one of the jobs they abandoned? What would be your reasoning?
I would've laughed at the stupid greedy union workers, and went ahead with my job. Unions are nothing but GREED, period. And, any business that allows a union to take over, deserves whatever they get.

Eh. I can understand the need to counterbalance the employer's disproportionate level of power in the relationship. Unregulated capitalism quickly leads to the situations we saw during industrialization, where safety concerns were almost non-existent and everyone in the family needed at least one job so they could afford to live. People forget that unions can and do need moderation themselves though. A lack of regulation for them quickly leads to violent strikes and economic collapse as nothing is produced and the lowest level workers demand wage equality with the highly skilled and educated.

I wouldn't have crossed a picket line. During the building of the labor movement workers would strike to create a union for sake of a collective bargaining agreement. Once a collective agreement came to be, these strikes were conducted upon conclusion of the labor contract and only after negotiations over a new contract came to an impasse.

I'm with the strikers.

Oh just look for the Union label...:)

I would have no issue with crossing a picket line.

If I needed the work to support my family I would work any job I could get

Mom crossed the picket line several times to feed 4 kids.

I'd do it in a heartbeat

It depends on the situation. If I feel like I'm being treated fairly then yes I would cross the line. If I feel like its way overdue that the company actually step up then I would be all for forcing their hand. Nobody will ever stick up for the average working person so its up to them to stand up for themselves sometimes. Working my tail off for less and less and less makes no sense. No all power should reside in the hands of the management.

Forum List

Back