Would you inform on a benefits cheat?

no, it's really not. a gang of mexicans really isn't a contracting business even if you really, REALLY hope that being purposefully naive will make this illegal labor legal..

sorry, you lose.

im assuming, since you have your own business, you can find your own way to the I9 and it's handbook.

The only place I found it was in the guidelines for a university hiring temporary employees. I suspect you of pulling it from somewhere completely out of context.

You can't be so stupid as too think that homeowners must check the legal status of everyone they hire to work on their houses...roofers, yard crews, painters, etc.

Well, maybe you can be that stupid.

The only place I found it was in the guidelines for a university hiring temporary employees. I suspect you of pulling it from somewhere completely out of context.

You can't be so stupid as too think that homeowners must check the legal status of everyone they hire to work on their houses...roofers, yard crews, painters, etc.

Well, maybe you can be that stupid.

you can suspect all you want. I provided a lik to my source. If your cpu can't open it, I suggest you not have some mexican off the street do your computer upgrades anymore.

ROOFERS, YARD CREWS and PAINTERS ALL come from sub-contractors who are LEGITIMATE, LEGAL business, Ravi.. NOT some truckful of mexicans who tell you that they are a-ok as long as you don't ask too many questions.

you can suspect all you want. I provided a lik to my source. If your cpu can't open it, I suggest you not have some mexican off the street do your computer upgrades anymore.

ROOFERS, YARD CREWS and PAINTERS ALL come from sub-contractors who are LEGITIMATE, LEGAL business, Ravi.. NOT some truckful of mexicans who tell you that they are a-ok as long as you don't ask too many questions.

Want to bet? A lot of times they are legal businesses that hire undocumented workers.

And until they actually get caught, they aren't illegal.

:rofl:

Again, a homeowner is not required to verify the immigration status of these types of companies.

Want to bet? A lot of times they are legal businesses that hire undocumented workers.

And until they actually get caught, they aren't illegal.

:rofl:

Again, a homeowner is not required to verify the immigration status of these types of companies.

yes, I'd LOVE to bet. And EVERY ONE OF THOSE TIMES they are breaking the fucking law. Just like YOU will be when making excuses to hire Paco and his cousins to build your driveway despite their ineligability to work in the US.

and no, Ravi, it's not a matter of "until they get caught".

But, I'll take that as pretty much the closest thing to admitting how right I am that I'll get from your obstinate ass.

:eusa_dance:

yes, I'd LOVE to bet. And EVERY ONE OF THOSE TIMES they are breaking the fucking law. Just like YOU will be when making excuses to hire Paco and his cousins to build your driveway despite their ineligability to work in the US.

and no, Ravi, it's not a matter of "until they get caught".

But, I'll take that as pretty much the closest thing to admitting how right I am that I'll get from your obstinate ass.

:eusa_dance:

No, you set out to prove that I'd be breaking the law if illegals gave me a new driveway. I showed you that it wouldn't...simply because it isn't my job to check their immigration status.

Now, you need to explain how you can make a statement that you'd turn in anyone that broke the law but have no problem with yourself pirating music.

No, you set out to prove that I'd be breaking the law if illegals gave me a new driveway. I showed you that it wouldn't...simply because it isn't my job to check their immigration status.

Now, you need to explain how you can make a statement that you'd turn in anyone that broke the law but have no problem with yourself pirating music.

no, you didn't show me anything besides your ability to rationalize what you want. And, yes, you would be breaking the law if you hired illegals to buld your driveway. As the sole employer of the mexicans pouring the concrete, sans their own legitimate LEGAL venture, you ARE responsible for verificaton just like anyone having a maid or personal driver.

but, hey, way to go running right back to deflecting the issue though.. I'll wager my potential fine against your potential year in jail anyday.

no, you didn't show me anything besides your ability to rationalize what you want. And, yes, you would be breaking the law if you hired illegals to buld your driveway. As the sole employer of the mexicans pouring the concrete, sans their own legitimate LEGAL venture, you ARE responsible for verificaton just like anyone having a maid or personal driver.

but, hey, way to go running right back to deflecting the issue though.. I'll wager my potential fine against your potential year in jail anyday.

If you can't give a legitimate link, you've got nothing. And you can't, so you've got nothing.

blah, blah, freaking blah

Damn, Shog, with you interspersing your own opinion I missed it. It's right there in #3

You DO NOT need to complete a Form I-9 for persons who
are:

3. Independent contractors
If I don't need a I-9 there is no friggin way for me to know if they are documented or not.

YOU ARE PWNED to the NTH POWER!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, Shog, with you interspersing your own opinion I missed it. It's right there in #3

If I don't need a I-9 there is no friggin way for me to know if they are documented or not.

YOU ARE PWNED to the NTH POWER!

SWINGANDAMISS!

sorry, Jose and his truckbed cousins ARE NOT legal independent contractors. So, YES, you would need to verify eligability. You really are desperate to save money, arent ya?

SWINGANDAMISS!

sorry, Jose and his truckbed cousins ARE NOT legal independent contractors. So, YES, you would need to verify eligability. You really are desperate to save money, arent ya?

Nope, you are just cracking me up.

I've honestly never run across anyone that was so unwilling to admit to being wrong. You RULE at it!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Nope, you are just cracking me up.

I've honestly never run across anyone that was so unwilling to admit to being wrong. You RULE at it!

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

talking shit wont erase the FACT that i've nailed you to the tree with I9 evidence.

I hope I am cracking you up.. When you do the perp walk for your year time out youll have one more thing to chuckle about.

You know it, I know it and the law sure as fuck knows that your little illegal alien heist is 3 parts bullshit and 1 part devious purposful ignorance.

talking shit wont erase the FACT that i've nailed you to the tree with I9 evidence.

I hope I am cracking you up.. When you do the perp walk for your year time out youll have one more thing to chuckle about.

You know it, I know it and the law sure as fuck knows that your little illegal alien heist is 3 parts bullshit and 1 part devious purposful ignorance.

So tell me, how am I going to know if an independent contractor is documented or not without requiring them to fill out something I'm not required to have them fill out?

And how come anyone that hires my company never requires an I9? Or to see any proof that my business exists?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????

You're my bitch, Shog. Make me some pie.

So tell me, how am I going to know if an independent contractor is documented or not without requiring them to fill out something I'm not required to have them fill out?

And how come anyone that hires my company never requires an I9? Or to see any proof that my business exists?

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm????

You're my bitch, Shog. Make me some pie.

1. you ask him. If he says yes you ask for verification and their business license along with proof of insurance and how much they are bonded for. Notice, the I-9 doesn't leave room for your purposeful ignorance.

2. YOU fill out I-9s for YOUR employees, thus your CLIENTS don't have to. YOU know what steps you've had to take to create a LEGAL business and, if followed properly, you are aware of YOUR effort that displaces the requirement of an I-9 for your LEGAL BUSINESS CLIENTS.

naw.. I don't think it's time to take the apple gag out of your mouf yet, Ravi. You get to keep wearing the gimp suit today.

FTR: I've tried to rep both of you on this thread today merely for cracking me up, but in both cases I got told to spread it around.

Oh, and btw: IMO you're both right, depending on how one interprets the question under debate.

And Rav, if I shorten my screen name to mani, do you think people will call me ma?

1. you ask him. If he says yes you ask for verification and their business license along with proof of insurance and how much they are bonded for. Notice, the I-9 doesn't leave room for your purposeful ignorance.

If I want, but I don't have to, and he/she doesn't have to provide it. If an unlicensed contractor exists and I hire them, I might get screwed over but the contractor is the one that's going to be in trouble with the law, not me. And by the rules you, yourself posted, I do not need to get the form from an independent contractor.

2. YOU fill out I-9s for YOUR employees, thus your CLIENTS don't have to. YOU know what steps you've had to take to create a LEGAL business and, if followed properly, you are aware of YOUR effort that displaces the requirement of an I-9 for your LEGAL BUSINESS CLIENTS.

Yep, and the subcontractor I hire must do the same for his/her employees and in this case I am the client and have no such responsibility.

Surely, you can see this and aren't as retarded as you're coming across.

Lessons Ravi can learn from Wal-MArt's attempt at the very same crapola..

# Know who your contractors are bringing on your work site!

To avoid seeing your company's name in the headlines, make sure your contractors are also in compliance with federal immigration laws. At a minimum, require your contractors to furnish you with copies of Forms I-9 and supporting documentation for the workers they bring onto your site. A failure to do so could result in an "Operation Rollback" at your work site!

The Woes of WAL-MART: A Lesson In Independent Contractor Practices And Immigration Law (Non)Compliance

I think I still owe you a pos rep from last week, Mani.. not that mine carry much weight anymore. hehehe..

FTR: I've tried to rep both of you on this thread today merely for cracking me up, but in both cases I got told to spread it around.

Oh, and btw: IMO you're both right, depending on how one interprets the question under debate.

And Rav, if I shorten my screen name to mani, do you think people will call me ma?

There is no interpretation. The law is clear. The next time you ask a house painter or roofer to fill out an I9 get back to me.

Ma? Prolly man, but who knows?

Forum List

Back