Would you inform on a benefits cheat?

Lessons Ravi can learn from Wal-MArt's attempt at the very same crapola..

# Know who your contractors are bringing on your work site!

To avoid seeing your company's name in the headlines, make sure your contractors are also in compliance with federal immigration laws. At a minimum, require your contractors to furnish you with copies of Forms I-9 and supporting documentation for the workers they bring onto your site. A failure to do so could result in an "Operation Rollback" at your work site!

The Woes of WAL-MART: A Lesson In Independent Contractor Practices And Immigration Law (Non)Compliance

I think I still owe you a pos rep from last week, Mani.. not that mine carry much weight anymore. hehehe..

Your problem, or one of them, is you are equating a homeowner with a business. You can try to get the law changed, but do you seriously want to make everyone's job to enforce immigration law...and be punished for not catching one illegal per day?

Last edited by a moderator:
If I want, but I don't have to, and he/she doesn't have to provide it. If an unlicensed contractor exists and I hire them, I might get screwed over but the contractor is the one that's going to be in trouble with the law, not me. And by the rules you, yourself posted, I do not need to get the form from an independent contractor.

you are simply wrong. YOU, as their sole employer, DO have to verify eligability just like a maid or driver gets checked. No, you keep fucking up the labels here. A truck full of mexicans ARE NOT independant contractors. This is the loophole you think you'll fit through but you wont. THEY are not contractors. One more time, ILLEGALS ARE NOT CONTRACTORS JUST BEAUSE YOU REMAIN PURPOSFULLT IGNORANT OF THEIR STATUS.

Yep, and the subcontractor I hire must do the same for his/her employees and in this case I am the client and have no such responsibility.
Surely, you can see this and aren't as retarded as you're coming across.

Nope. Sorry. YOU won't be the client. YOU will be the employer since Jose is not operating a legitimate business.

I see exactly what you are trying to do with the nomenclature, Ravi.. but, you are wrong in thinking that some random group of mexicans will be legally legitimate as contractors as long as you dont ask and they dont tell otherwise. Sorry.. but I bet you look simply stunning in a gimp suit.

GIMP.jpg

There is no interpretation. The law is clear. The next time you ask a house painter or roofer to fill out an I9 get back to me.

Ma? Prolly man, but who knows?

AND, the next time you think that Jose the illegal amounts to a legal contractor don't cry when you spend a year time out in the state prison.

Roofers work for legitimate contractors. Jose and his truckbed cousins are hardly even CLOSE to an actual contracting business.

Your problem, or one of them, is you are equating a homeowner with a business. You can try to get the law changed, but do you seriously want to make everyone's job to enforce immigration law...and be punished for not catching one illegal per day?

No, im equating the EMPLOYER with anyone who offers money for a contract for labor under the standards of the department of labor. BEING AN EMPLOYER doesn't REQUIRE a business necessarily. Stepford wives and their illegal maids still get busted just like you would. It's not a matter of changing anything, Ravi... I've already proven my case and you know it.

and, yes, it IS everyones job to uphold the legal standard on the US. Don't like it? I hear they are lax on legal standard in Mexico.. maybe you can try your luck down there.

No, im equating the EMPLOYER with anyone who offers money for a contract for labor under the standards of the department of labor. BEING AN EMPLOYER doesn't REQUIRE a business necessarily. Stepford wives and their illegal maids still get busted just like you would. It's not a matter of changing anything, Ravi... I've already proven my case and you know it.

and, yes, it IS everyones job to uphold the legal standard on the US. Don't like it? I hear they are lax on legal standard in Mexico.. maybe you can try your luck down there.

Hahahahahahaha talk about double standards, man, you wrote the book.:rofl:

If I want, but I don't have to, and he/she doesn't have to provide it. If an unlicensed contractor exists and I hire them, I might get screwed over but the contractor is the one that's going to be in trouble with the law, not me. And by the rules you, yourself posted, I do not need to get the form from an independent contractor.

you are simply wrong. YOU, as their sole employer, DO have to verify eligability just like a maid or driver gets checked. No, you keep fucking up the labels here. A truck full of mexicans ARE NOT independant contractors. This is the loophole you think you'll fit through but you wont. THEY are not contractors. One more time, ILLEGALS ARE NOT CONTRACTORS JUST BEAUSE YOU REMAIN PURPOSFULLT IGNORANT OF THEIR STATUS.

Yep, and the subcontractor I hire must do the same for his/her employees and in this case I am the client and have no such responsibility.
Surely, you can see this and aren't as retarded as you're coming across.

Nope. Sorry. YOU won't be the client. YOU will be the employer since Jose is not operating a legitimate business.

I see exactly what you are trying to do with the nomenclature, Ravi.. but, you are wrong in thinking that some random group of mexicans will be legally legitimate as contractors as long as you dont ask and they dont tell otherwise. Sorry.. but I bet you look simply stunning in a gimp suit.

GIMP.jpg

No, you keep fucking up the labels. A driveway crew are no more my employees that a roofing company is.

Where I live there are enough legals and illegals that are of Hispanic origin that it is impossible to tell by looking at them what their status is...and until it becomes a law that I must find out what their status is, as a homeowner hiring a company, you are FOS.

btw, on your Walmart post it isn't clear who was paying these undocumented workers...Walmart or the contractor.

Hahahahahahaha talk about double standards, man, you wrote the book.:rofl:

blah blah blah. you are a fucking idiot with nothing to add to your own thread after I made light work of you. Dance around monkey boy. it's your only option since you are no king kong.

AND, the next time you think that Jose the illegal amounts to a legal contractor don't cry when you spend a year time out in the state prison.

Roofers work for legitimate contractors. Jose and his truckbed cousins are hardly even CLOSE to an actual contracting business.

Yeah, me and Mitt Romney, right? How's his prison sentence working out?

:cuckoo:

No, but being an employer does require an employer/employee relationship. You are wrong by everything I have posted and everything you have posted as well.

No, you keep fucking up the labels. A driveway crew are no more my employees that a roofing company is.

Where I live there are enough legals and illegals that are of Hispanic origin that it is impossible to tell by looking at them what their status is...and until it becomes a law that I must find out what their status is, as a homeowner hiring a company, you are FOS.

btw, on your Walmart post it isn't clear who was paying these undocumented workers...Walmart or the contractor.

Im using the labels as they are used on the i-9. NOtice that IM the only one posting evidence, Ravi...

say it with me: A ROOFING COMPANY

a truckbed full of illegals is NOT A COMPANY even if you think being ignorant will sidestep that tiny little piece of legitimate criteria.

and, it IS the law that you, their employer (just like the employer of a maid or dirver) must verify their eligibility. Just because you have the slightest experience in having a home business doesn't mean that your bullshit will stand in court while you are being charged just like Wal Mart above.

Stepford wives with maids and chefs and drivers STILL have to verify employment eligability even thogh their household is not a business.

And, it didn't matter WHO paid them since wal mart was liable for their sub-contracted labor, Ravi.

you've lost this one, Ravi.. I wold help you avoid jail.

Yeah, me and Mitt Romney, right? How's his prison sentence working out?

:cuckoo:

Mitt's a rich politician.. what are you?

Dare we start comparing sentences between rich people and white people and discover who gets a pat on the wrist and who gets the full force of a jail term?

No, but being an employer does require an employer/employee relationship. You are wrong by everything I have posted and everything you have posted as well.

:clap2:

AND, by hiring illegals to build your driveway you will have accomplished that employer role!

sorry, Rav.. SAYING that im wrong, despite my posted evidence, won't make it true. Feel free to take it up with the government agencies that I have referenced.

Im using the labels as they are used on the i-9. NOtice that IM the only one posting evidence, Ravi...

say it with me: A ROOFING COMPANY

a truckbed full of illegals is NOT A COMPANY even if you think being ignorant will sidestep that tiny little piece of legitimate criteria.

and, it IS the law that you, their employer (just like the employer of a maid or dirver) must verify their eligibility. Just because you have the slightest experience in having a home business doesn't mean that your bullshit will stand in court while you are being charged just like Wal Mart above.

Stepford wives with maids and chefs and drivers STILL have to verify employment eligability even thogh their household is not a business.

And, it didn't matter WHO paid them since wal mart was liable for their sub-contracted labor, Ravi.

you've lost this one, Ravi.. I wold help you avoid jail.

hahahahaha!

Maids, chefs and drivers more than likely are employees. Roofers are not. I don't think you know more than the IRS, but keep pretending you know their rules better than they do.

In the Walmart case, I don't know if it matters or not, which is why I asked the question. According to what you posted it should have only mattered if Walmart was paying them.

Mitt's a rich politician.. what are you?

Dare we start comparing sentences between rich people and white people and discover who gets a pat on the wrist and who gets the full force of a jail term?

There was never the slightest question that he was breaking the law. His contractor was.

blah blah blah. you are a fucking idiot with nothing to add to your own thread after I made light work of you. Dance around monkey boy. it's your only option since you are no king kong.

You are too stupid to realise you never stood a chance, you tried several times to take the thread off topic, now you've managed it and you are still getting the shit kicked out of you, I am a little ashamed of myself for laughing at the obviously retarded.:rofl:but I can't help myself:rofl:

:clap2:

AND, by hiring illegals to build your driveway you will have accomplished that employer role!

sorry, Rav.. SAYING that im wrong, despite my posted evidence, won't make it true. Feel free to take it up with the government agencies that I have referenced.

You are wrong. Deal. The IRS definitions I've given you prove it. I also gave you an IRS number to call. Call and ask them if you must get an I9 from a company that is redoing your driveway. I dare you.

no, the defs YOU posted validate my point. pretending that you have no responsibility in proving Jose's status is not an excuse for employers of maids, chefs and drivers either.

again, you know im right.

and, since IM not the one facing criminal penalties I don't need to make the call.

:)

Forum List

Back