Would you inform on a benefits cheat?

It's hard to decide which thread is more entertaining (and telling):

This one, or the one from several weeks ago where Soggy repeatedly suggested that women can be half-pregnant.

Hmmmm?

As good as this one is, I have to go with half-pregnant. That's just a friggin hoot!

I wonder, if a truck full of half pregnant Mexicans pulled up to Chez Shoog and offered to repave his driveway, would he consider them half legal employees? Presuming they were impregnated on American soil, of course.

Last edited:

This one, or the one from several weeks ago where Soggy repeatedly suggested that women can be half-pregnant.

Hmmmm?

As good as this one is, I have to go with half-pregnant. That's just a friggin hoot!

Toss up. I think Shog is in HR and that makes this one even funnier.

Do you think that might help explain Soggy's incessant anger? Assuming he takes his work responsibilities seriously, he has to deal with dumbasses on a daily basis all while pretending to be nice. I'm starting to think this place might be his therapy. :eusa_think:

Do you think that might help explain Soggy's incessant anger? Assuming he takes his work responsibilities seriously, he has to deal with dumbasses on a daily basis all while pretending to be nice. I'm starting to think this place might be his therapy. :eusa_think:

That's a good point. Last place I worked, the HR people were the most miserable SOB's in the company.

:D

Sorry Gluegun, but as unbiased observer of this debate between you and Ravioli about the legality of paying undocumented workers to pave your driveway using their own equipment and materials, I have to say you lost about 30 posts back.

thankfully, your opinion and the law are two distinct entities that have very little in common.

UNBIASED, eh?

:thup:

I'll invite you to prove your opinoin too. Hell, if Im so wrong it shouldnt be tough at all to prove, eh?

:razz:

Hmmmm?

WOW.. NOW whose trying to insinuate a more than what I actually said?

It's cool, dude.. your criticism is just not as offensive while you sport that "I Love Shogun" t shirt.

I knew it would confuse you. 1The agency point was made by the IRS to let you know that if you use an employment agency to find an employee, you are still considered the employer.

2 If you are using an agency for your labor pool, you are either paying the agency on a regular basis and they pay the people working for you, or you are only using them as an employment agency and you are paying the people that are working for you.

In the first case, they are not your employees. In the second case, they are.

None of this has anything to do with my hypothetical driveway crew. They are not my employees and therefore I am not obligated to have them fill out a W-9.

*sigh*

1 Again, you are wrong. Feel free to go to MANPOWER and tell them that you want to contract THEIR employees and ask them how, all of a sudden, YOU become their employer. im giving you specific examples that you are free to believe or not. Your cunfusion, and we can both post the same source again, about the IRS criteria is hilarious for anyone who has actually WORKED in the employment field.

2. NEITHER of which describes what YOU are trying to do by using a bunch of illegals without an agency or contracting labor company. It doesn't matter that you pay someone one else, Ravi. What matters it the legal status of the employer, YOU or the AGENCY or the LEGAL CONTRACTOR or the LEGAL SELF EMPLOYED LABORER. Illegals don't magically become LEGAL LABOR just because they have a lawnmower. Without an AGENCY or LEGAL CONTRACTOR YOU become the employer just like YOU become the employer when hiring a neighborhood kid to come to YOUR HOUSE and babysit your kid. Weather or not you pay the kid instead of an agency doesn't matter. Either way, EMPLOYING AN ILLEGAL TO BABYSIT IS STILL AGAINST THE LAW. Likewise, hiring illegals to pour your driveway is similarly against the law. Again, we can both re-quote your IRS source. You are fucking this up even if Mani and Anguille are now here to add their expertise on employment law.

3. In fact, they would be your employees since THEY are not a legal contracting service OR a legal self employed company. Im sorry you cannot get this through your thick fucking skull but, thankfully, you realize the necessity of the I-9 even if you refuse to acknowledge your responsibility when hoping that avoid the legality of hiring illegals. Hey, you can always hand out screwdrivers at the border and *HOCUS POCUS* create legal labor!

:cuckoo:

I wonder, if a truck full of half pregnant Mexicans pulled up to Chez Shoog and offered to repave his driveway, would he consider them half legal employees? Presuming they were impregnated on American soil, of course.

I'd call La Migra and let them sort it out. You know, as long as no one has a screwdriver on em which, apparently, makes them legal labor in the US..

indeed, tell me about unbiased observation again, Ang.

:thup:

:eusa_dance:

indeed, it's a joke that a lawyer and myself, two people who would have reason to know the legal ramifications of employment, would probably have a good ole chuckle at.

SP let you know that you are wrong and your IRS source only validates my point. Maybe if I had a posse to echo my posts I could trump your masterful logic!

;)

well, it is true that i can legally call you a cocksucking idiot without having to interact with the division of employment security..

*sigh*

1 Again, you are wrong. Feel free to go to MANPOWER and tell them that you want to contract THEIR employees and ask them how, all of a sudden, YOU become their employer. im giving you specific examples that you are free to believe or not. Your cunfusion, and we can both post the same source again, about the IRS criteria is hilarious for anyone who has actually WORKED in the employment field.

2. NEITHER of which describes what YOU are trying to do by using a bunch of illegals without an agency or contracting labor company. It doesn't matter that you pay someone one else, Ravi. What matters it the legal status of the employer, YOU or the AGENCY or the LEGAL CONTRACTOR or the LEGAL SELF EMPLOYED LABORER. Illegals don't magically become LEGAL LABOR just because they have a lawnmower. Without an AGENCY or LEGAL CONTRACTOR YOU become the employer just like YOU become the employer when hiring a neighborhood kid to come to YOUR HOUSE and babysit your kid. Weather or not you pay the kid instead of an agency doesn't matter. Either way, EMPLOYING AN ILLEGAL TO BABYSIT IS STILL AGAINST THE LAW. Likewise, hiring illegals to pour your driveway is similarly against the law. Again, we can both re-quote your IRS source. You are fucking this up even if Mani and Anguille are now here to add their expertise on employment law.

3. In fact, they would be your employees since THEY are not a legal contracting service OR a legal self employed company. Im sorry you cannot get this through your thick fucking skull but, thankfully, you realize the necessity of the I-9 even if you refuse to acknowledge your responsibility when hoping that avoid the legality of hiring illegals. Hey, you can always hand out screwdrivers at the border and *HOCUS POCUS* create legal labor!

:cuckoo:

:rofl:

You honestly don't know the difference between an employee and a company and a self-employed contractor, do you? How the hell do you get through the work day? Here's another link from the IRS:

In determining whether the person providing service is an employee or an independent contractor, all information that provides evidence of the degree of control and independence must be considered.
Common Law Rules
Facts that provide evidence of the degree of control and independence fall into three categories:

1. Behavioral: Does the company control or have the right to control what the worker does and how the worker does his or her job?
  2. Financial: Are the business aspects of the worker’s job controlled by the payer? (these include things like how worker is paid, whether expenses are reimbursed, who provides tools/supplies, etc.)
  3. Type of Relationship: Are there written contracts or employee type benefits (i.e. pension plan, insurance, vacation pay, etc.)? Will the relationship continue and is the work performed a key aspect of the business?
Independent Contractor (Self-Employed) or Employee?

There's a driveway crew working in my neighborhood, we'll call them PimpYourDriveWay. They've done three driveways and give me an estimate. I say, sure, I like the job you did next door, do mine the same way.

Who's controlling the employees of PimpYourDriveWay? NOT ME.

Who's paying the employees of PimpYourDriveWay and giving them tools to do the job? NOT ME.

Who's giving the employees of PimpYourDriveWay bennies? NOT ME.

Tell you what, Shog, call the IRS at 800-829-1040 and ask them if you would need to verify the immigration status of a company that is resurfacing your driveway.

The above applies even if PimpYourDriveWay is actually one person.

You honestly don't know the difference between an employee and a company and a self-employed contractor, do you? How the hell do you get through the work day? Here's another link from the IRS:

There's a driveway crew working in my neighborhood, we'll call them PimpYourDriveWay. They've done three driveways and give me an estimate. I say, sure, I like the job you did next door, do mine the same way.

Who's paying the employees of PimpYourDriveWay and giving them tools to do the job? NOT ME.

Tell you what, Shog, call the IRS at 800-829-1040 and ask them if you would need to verify the immigration status of a company that is resurfacing your driveway.

It is my unbiased opinion that "PimpYourDriveWay" is the funniest thing I've heard all day. :eusa_clap:

AN ILLEGAL IS NOT AN IDEPENDANT CONTRACTOR JUST BECAUSE HE HAS A FUCKING TOOLBELT, RAVI. THATS THE GIANT PUNCHLINE YOU SEEM TO BE MISSING. A TRUCKLOAD OF MEXICANS ARE NOT A "WORK CREW" THAT IS LEGALLY EMPLOYABLE. PIMPYOURDRIVEWAY IS NEITHER AN AGENCY NOR A CONTRACTOR, LEGALLY, JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE TOOLS. YES, YOU ARE CONTROLLING THEIR WORK SINCE THEY ARE NOT DIRECTED BY THEIR OWN BUILDING POLICIES OUTSIDE OF YOUR PARTICULAR NEEDS. YES, YOU ARE PAYING THEM, DESPITE THEIR FUCKING TOOLS, TO WORK ON YOUR PROPERTY WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF AN ACTUAL LEGAL BUSINESS LISENCE. BENNYS ARE NOT THE MIDIGATING FACTOR IN DETERMINING ELIGABILITY FOR LEGAL EMPLOYMENT OF ILLEGAL ALIENS.

AGAIN, AND THE IRS WILL AGREE, A TRUCKFUL OF FUCKING MEXICANS WITH TOOLBELTS IS NOT A FUCKING COMPANY.

holy SHIT. do you have ANY idea why an actual COMPANY must have a business lisence? You know, documentation that specifically differentiates between MANPOWER and Jose and his 6 cousins?

no, ravi, you are still wrong. But, make sure you say ILLEGAL ALIEN when you call the IRS. Im sure you'll get your aswer quicker than you would while wrapping it up in some acrobatic nomenclature.

by your logic, Ravi, the image below must be a legal union meeting too, eh?

illegal_aliens_FUCK_You.jpg

AN ILLEGAL IS NOT AN IDEPENDANT CONTRACTOR JUST BECAUSE HE HAS A FUCKING TOOLBELT, RAVI. THATS THE GIANT PUNCHLINE YOU SEEM TO BE MISSING. A TRUCKLOAD OF MEXICANS ARE NOT A "WORK CREW" THAT IS LEGALLY EMPLOYABLE. PIMPYOURDRIVEWAY IS NEITHER AN AGENCY NOR A CONTRACTOR, LEGALLY, JUST BECAUSE THEY HAVE TOOLS. YES, YOU ARE CONTROLLING THEIR WORK SINCE THEY ARE NOT DIRECTED BY THEIR OWN BUILDING POLICIES OUTSIDE OF YOUR PARTICULAR NEEDS. YES, YOU ARE PAYING THEM, DESPITE THEIR FUCKING TOOLS, TO WORK ON YOUR PROPERTY WITHOUT THE BENEFIT OF AN ACTUAL LEGAL BUSINESS LISENCE. BENNYS ARE NOT THE MIDIGATING FACTOR IN DETERMINING ELIGABILITY FOR LEGAL EMPLOYMENT OF ILLEGAL ALIENS.

AGAIN, AND THE IRS WILL AGREE, A TRUCKFUL OF FUCKING MEXICANS WITH TOOLBELTS IS NOT A FUCKING COMPANY.

holy SHIT. do you have ANY idea why an actual COMPANY must have a business lisence? You know, documentation that specifically differentiates between MANPOWER and Jose and his 6 cousins?

no, ravi, you are still wrong. But, make sure you say ILLEGAL ALIEN when you call the IRS. Im sure you'll get your aswer quicker than you would while wrapping it up in some acrobatic nomenclature.

Wow, I made you SHOUT, I am so proud of myself.

You don't actually need a tool to be a company or self-employed, doofus. Some bozo I hire off the street to fix my software problem for an hour isn't my employee.

And yes, I do have an idea since I own a company, which started out as one unlicensed retard that was self-employed and did everything by the IRS book.

The point is, I am not responsible for checking the immigration status of a contractor or company I hire, only for the immigration status of a person I EMPLOY.

CHECKMATE BOZO.
:eusa_boohoo:

Wow, I made you SHOUT, I am so proud of myself.

You don't actually need a tool to be a company or self-employed, doofus. Some bozo I hire off the street to fix my software problem for an hour isn't my employee.

And yes, I do have an idea since I own a company, which started out as one unlicensed retard that was self-employed and did everything by the IRS book.

The point is, I am not responsible for checking the immigration status of a contractor or company I hire, only for the immigration status of a person I EMPLOY.

CHECKMATE BOZO.
:eusa_boohoo:

Yes, as a matter of fucking fact, some bozo hired off the street IS YOUR FUCKING EMPLOYEE. What the hell do you think maids and drivers are? And, CLEARLY, you are not doing everything by the book if you seem to think hiring illegals to build your driveway is perfectly legal. I suggest you re-read that I-9 again.

the point is, a couple dudes off the street ARE NOT A FUCKING CONTRACTOR OR COMPANY and, thus, makes it YOUR responsibility to check for eligability.

Part Two
When You Must Complete the Form I-9

You must complete the Form I-9 every time you hire any
person to perform labor or services in return for wages or
other remuneration.
This requirement applies to everyone
hired after November 6, 1986.

Ensure that the employee fully completes Section 1 of the
Form I-9 at the time of the hire - when the employee begins
work. Review the employee’s document(s) and fully complete
Section 2 of the Form I-9 within 3 business days of the hire.
If you hire a person for less than 3 business days, Sections 1
and 2 of the Form I-9 must be fully completed at the time of
the hire – when the employee begins work.

You DO NOT need to complete a Form I-9 for persons who
are:

You do not qualify
1. Hired before November 7, 1986, who are continuing in
their employment and have a reasonable expectation of
employment at all times;

YOU DO NOT QUALIFY - Building your driveway is not like a kid babysitting
2. Employed for casual domestic work in a private home on a sporadic, irregular, or intermittent basis;

YOU DO NOT QUALIFY - ILLEGALS are NOT independant contractors just because they have a toolbelt
3. Independent contractors; or

YOU DO NOT QUALIFY - YOU ARE NOT CONTRACTING WORK FROM A CONTRACTING COMPANY
4. Providing labor to you who are employed by a contractor
providing contract services (e.g., employee leasing or
temporary agencies).

and, my all time special favorite checkmate slam dunk:

NOTE: You cannot contract for the labor of an alien if you
know the alien is not authorized to work in the United States.

http://www.uscis.gov/files/nativedocuments/m-274.pdf

:eusa_whistle:

for real, yo.. id suggest you learn a few more things about hiring people 'cause there is no shortage of ignorant bastards taking a 1 year jail timeout for THEIR scandelous fucking acrobatic logic and warped vocab.

Could be. I can't tell if people are legal by looking at them.

Ahh.. then you must not know what a crowd of amassed illegals looking for ILLEGAL employment looks like.

Say, it's no one's responsibility to check eligibility as long as there is a tool belt and you are told they are legal, eh?

:cool:

You DO NOT need to complete a Form I-9 for persons who
are:

4. Providing labor to you who are employed by a contractor
providing contract services (e.g., employee leasing or
temporary agencies).
That's my driveway crew example. You lose.

btw, your link doesn't seem to work.

That's my driveway crew example. You lose.

btw, your link doesn't seem to work.

no, it's really not. a gang of mexicans really isn't a contracting business even if you really, REALLY hope that being purposefully naive will make this illegal labor legal..

sorry, you lose.

im assuming, since you have your own business, you can find your own way to the I9 and it's handbook.

Forum List

Back