Would You Lock Your Doors

"I unlock my doors in case I end up in a Canal!"

:laugh:
It isn't funny if the car goes in and the electrical system shorts out and you're locked in.

Nonsense.

Car doors are required by DOT to have mechanical door release mechanisms. Your door will open if your battery is dead, or the system shorted out.
Link?

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards Door Locks and Door Retention Components and Side Impact Protection

Are you really so stupid that you think your car would lock you in if the battery died? Really?

Are you really so stupid that you think your car would lock you in if the battery died? Really?

stfu angrysockboi...

Rule 3. Don’t open the door! Roll down the windows instead. Opening the door is very difficult against the water pressure and it also allows so much water into the vehicle that it will speed up the sinking process.

You’ll have 30 seconds to a minute until the water rises to the bottom of the passenger windows. This is what Geisbrecht calls the floating period. After that, the water pressure will force the window against the doorframe, making it essentially impossible to roll down.

Caveat to Rule 3: Break that window. Since most vehicles these days have electronically controlled windows, the circuits probably will short before you have a chance to roll them down. In that case, you’ll need a tool to break the window open.

Two of the most popular are the LifeHammer ($14.95), which has a hardened-steel point to help crack open the window, and the ResQMe keychain ($9.95), which uses a spring-loaded mechanism to shatter glass. If you plan on practicing with either one of these, take it from personal experience and wear work gloves. Otherwise you will cut your hands. "Make sure these tools are within reach at all times, otherwise you'll never get to them in time," says Giebeck. "And they won't work underwater. Again, you've got act quickly."

How to Escape a Submerged Car - Popular Mechanics

i guess popular mechanics must be so stoooopit...

"I unlock my doors in case I end up in a Canal!"

:laugh:
It isn't funny if the car goes in and the electrical system shorts out and you're locked in.

Nonsense.

Car doors are required by DOT to have mechanical door release mechanisms. Your door will open if your battery is dead, or the system shorted out.
Link?

Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards Door Locks and Door Retention Components and Side Impact Protection

No, I think it may not unlock if the electrical system shorts out.

You know Ravir, you can buy a little spring loaded device that shatters your cars glass. Keep one in your glove box or center console.

No need to constantly unlock yer car doors. Which is really stupid.

I have one, thank you very much. But if I go in and get knocked unconscious, it isn't going to help me. Nor are doors locked from potential helpers.

THINK

:thup:

i thought that was a frequent sight at every red light down south. :dunno:
No, it depends on the neighborhood.

In my neighborhood, they are probably a member of the Lynard Skynard band or some other Country Music megastar. Ask for an autograph if you see hands on the wheel. Otherwise just spit out the winder in a non-threatening way. You'll be OK...

If I was black I would.
Why? When is the last time a black guy was lynched by dudes in a truck with a rebel flag? How often does that happen? People have every reason to be afraid of young black men, but that's because they earned that reputation. You might have a case against southern white guys if it was still 1950, but not in 2014.

You COULD go buy one of these and try to intimidate them right back..

50294_2208877273_5810_n.jpg

But don't put on any part of your bumper that is line of sight with the Gas Tank.. :D

If I am driving or not my car doors are always locked. If I am home or not my doors are always locked.

It is the prudent thing to do.

I lock my car doors when I see tis bumper sticker. I also hide my wallet
Foward_Facebook_ProfilePhoto_500x500.jpg

Forum List

Back