Would You Lock Your Doors

I have a friend that has a ranch in Wyoming. Over the wood gate thingy she sometimes has the rebel flag flying. (They are originally from NC). The neighbors had a fit about it even though they are out in the boondocks and the nearest neighbor is about a mile away. Some folks get all up in arms over stupid shit.

So...are there a lot of incidents of rebel-flag draped trucks dragging motorists out of their cars and beating the shit of them?

No?

That's what I thought. Ravi is just race baiting again. Trying to make us forget that almost all carjackings are by black dudes.
There's probably more cases such drivers dragging motorists out of their cars that have gone off into the canals

Where you in S Florida, Ravi 954 or 305? I still have my 954 cell #.

My canal story. I was on the Harley, headed back from Naples on I 75 when I hit about 10 miles of love bugs. The windshield was solid bugs and I was too tired to sit tall enough to see over the top. Looking around the side worked kind of, but my glasses were getting nearly as bad as the windshield.
So, anyway, it's about midnight and I can see from the moonlight that there's a canal about 50 feet off the road. I figure, hell! I'll pull over and pull the windshield off carry it to the water and clean the bugs off. I get just almost to a stop before I remember why they call that road Alligator Alley.

It would depend on where I was at the time. Here, the rebel flag. In Germany, the swastika.

Chances are you'd have nothing to fear from a Swastika in Germany as they're banned from being displayed in public. In my opinion, you probably wouldn't have much to fear from seeing a Rebel flag being displayed in a car in America, as most of the people who fly them only do so to indicate to other, likeminded folks that they're part of the 'club', as it were. In all honesty, you should be more wary of vehicles whose occupants are playing gangsta rap than drivers who display the Rebel flag.
Often, they are doing both.

Doing what, exactly?
Playing rap and flying their stupid flag.

If they're playing rap music and flying the Rebel flag then you really don't have anything to worry about.
What if they're playing country?

So...are there a lot of incidents of rebel-flag draped trucks dragging motorists out of their cars and beating the shit of them?

No?

That's what I thought. Ravi is just race baiting again. Trying to make us forget that almost all carjackings are by black dudes.
There's probably more cases such drivers dragging motorists out of their cars that have gone off into the canals

My canal story. I was on the Harley, headed back from Naples on I 75 when I hit about 10 miles of love bugs. The windshield was solid bugs and I was too tired to sit tall enough to see over the top. Looking around the side worked kind of, but my glasses were getting nearly as bad as the windshield.
So, anyway, it's about midnight and I can see from the moonlight that there's a canal about 50 feet off the road. I figure, hell! I'll pull over and pull the windshield off carry it to the water and clean the bugs off. I get just almost to a stop before I remember why they call that road Alligator Alley.
Lol, very true. 954 but born 305.

Don't doors lock automatically when you drive off? Mine do.
I always unlock them after they auto lock in case I end up in a canal.
I always locked my doors the minute I got in the car. When I was driving alone, a woman alone. I think there is more chance of someone trying to enter than car than either a serious crash or driving into a body of water.

if you were sitting at a stop light and a pick up truck with a rebel flag pulled up beside you?

in the modern era

there is little choice in "locking the doors"

typically once the auto is placed in drive

and starts rolling the doors automatically lock

it is a safety feature to keep you from falling the fuck out

should you violently crash

"I unlock my doors in case I end up in a Canal!"

:laugh:
It isn't funny if the car goes in and the electrical system shorts out and you're locked in.

then i would suggest using the manual override

typically it is the knob at the top of the door

as far as being in the water

if you are completely submerged

it would be a futile attempt to open the doors

Don't doors lock automatically when you drive off? Mine do.
I always unlock them after they auto lock in case I end up in a canal.
I always locked my doors the minute I got in the car. When I was driving alone, a woman alone. I think there is more chance of someone trying to enter than car than either a serious crash or driving into a body of water.
When stopped, yes.

It isn't funny if the car goes in and the electrical system shorts out and you're locked in.

I am pretty sure my door locks are totally electrical as I have a keyless car (remote key). I have looked in the car and in the manual for a door lock override but do not see one.

And that wouldn't solve the problem of someone opening it from the outside to help. It is possible, though it would be difficult, to open a door when submerged. Only other option with electronic windows not working is to break out a window.

I am pretty sure my door locks are totally electrical as I have a keyless car (remote key). I have looked in the car and in the manual for a door lock override but do not see one.

And that wouldn't solve the problem of someone opening it from the outside to help. It is possible, though it would be difficult, to open a door when submerged. Only other option with electronic windows not working is to break out a window.

the actuator is electrical the lock is mechanical

the knob in the door is the manual override

in other cars simply pulling the handle unlocks the car

but only in the front seats

power-lock-intro.jpg

if the situation arises that someone needs

get in from the outside and the doors are locked

they will simply go through the window

no it is quite impossible to open the door under water

you have to equalize the water pressure so

that it is the same on both the outside and inside of the car

in other words you have to let the car fill up with water -Yikes

power-lock-intro.jpg

Yes, yikes, but any chance when you are submerged is a chance never the less.

power-lock-intro.jpg

Yes, yikes, but any chance when you are submerged is a chance never the less.

what kind of car do you have

might be able to find some useful info on the lock system

No?

Lol, very true. 954 but born 305.
Lived in Coconut creek for 10 years.

Forum List

Back