Zone1 Would You Make A Relative Change Your Baby's Diaper?

She was the only one around to do it. She lives in the house and should have some responsibility.
An 18 year old should be responsible enough to change a diaper. To force a baby to sit in a soiled diaper because you consider it “yucky” is irresponsible
You are correct and if the person refused they can live somewhere else!

she needs to learn how to do those things and get used to it bc she will likely have children of her own some day (or have a husband who has a child or just w hatever..).

With her attitude I seriously hope not.

If this girl is under no obligation to help out with the baby, the brother and his girlfriend have no obligation to provide a home. Now it does seem silly to blow up a relationship over one disposable diaper but there we are. It is time to realize that the welcome has been worn out. It is time to move on.
For all you know this uncle was a fucking tyrant ordering his guests around because he thinks like you that doing a favor entails recompense

For all you know this uncle was a fucking tyrant ordering his guests around because he thinks like you that doing a favor entails recompense
Expecting a permanent houseguest to do chores is not unreasonable

Where did it say the brother and niece moved in permanently?

Once you hit the three month threshold, you are no longer just visiting.
If they have nowhere else to go, they are not just visiting

Could you please get the baby while I'm on this business call is absolutely neither unreasonable nor tyrannical. If this lazy and entitled teen is too busy for that she needs to live somewhere else.

Another one of your assumptions

Context: I moved in with my brother after my divorce 3 months ago and brought my 18yo daughter with me. My brother and his girlfriend have a 9 months old daughter (my niece).

Could you please get the baby while I'm on this business call is absolutely neither unreasonable nor tyrannical. If this lazy and entitled teen is too busy for that she needs to live somewhere else.
Once again you fixate on one event and base all you assumptions on that

Context: I moved in with my brother after my divorce 3 months ago and brought my 18yo daughter with me. My brother and his girlfriend have a 9 months old daughter (my niece).
Nowhere is the word permanent in that sentence as you said it was.

What would this guy have done if his niece was not there and why didn't he just do that?

What would this guy have done if his niece was not there and why didn't he just do that?

Well, three months is not a weekend visit.
If the sister was maintaining another residence while with her brother, then you could look at it as a visit.

But if she has no other home, then she lives there

Well, three months is not a weekend visit.
If the sister was maintaining another residence while with her brother, then you could look at it as a visit.

But if she has no other home, then she lives there

The niece was there. She had been there for three months. Long enough to have seen how a disposable diaper is replaced. I'm sure she will have less to do the next place she lives.

The fact was……she WAS there and refused to help in an emergency

If she had not been there, he would have had to drop off the call. Which he ended up doing even though there was someone else there who could have helped

The niece was there. She had been there for three months. Long enough to have seen how a disposable diaper is replaced. I'm sure she will have less to do the next place she lives.

why won't you just answer the question?

Forum List

Back