Would you pay $1,500 for chicken sandwich?

From an online post by Cato Institute researcher and editor Chelsea German, Sept. 25:
What would life be like without exchange or trade?
Recently, a man decided to make a sandwich from scratch.
He grew the vegetables, gathered salt from seawater, milked a cow, turned the milk into cheese, pickled a cucumber in a jar, ground his own flour from wheat to make the bread, collected his own honey, and personally killed a chicken for its meat.
This month, he published the results of his endeavor in an enlightening video:
making a sandwich entirely by himself cost him 6 months of his life and set him back $1,500. . .
The inefficiency of making even something as humble as a sandwich by oneself,
without the benefits of market exchange, is simply mind-boggling.
There was a time when everyone grew their own food and made their own clothes.
It was a time of unimaginable poverty and labor without rest.
$1,500 Sandwich Illustrates How Exchange Raises Living Standards

So when you grossly ignorant people primarily FFOs that have no idea where the meat comes from
for the McDonald's chicken now comprehend WHY the concept of a business that exists because of the desire to earn a profit from selling a chicken sandwich has made Western civilization the envy of the
rest of the uncivilized world?

You people that continually bash capitalism, businesses, i.e. like Obama does, do you finally understand
why you are able to sit at a computer munching on a sandwich that cost less then $2.00 that took little or
no effort for you to eat?
Maybe for the first time you'll recognize that your current life style is totally dependent on that evil concept ...capitalism!!!

Make mine for about $10 hunting the game at wal-mart, the bread from the bread aisle, etc. :) I'm more efficient than this man. :)

You're another liberal idiot who refuses to get the point.

What a ridiculous study.

When people live self sufficiently they don't pickle one cucumber. They produce in quantity, which means they eat a sandwich everyday. Just likewe get to for working 60 years at some ccrazy obtuse garbage.

Go look in your pantry. How long do you suppose it would take to make all the items in it? A lot of them you couldn't even make yourself. I have so frozen shrimp in my freezer that were raised in Vietnam. How would I do that myself? Corn? Filet Mignon? Asparagus? Mushrooms? Horseradish? Soy Sauce? Mustard?

Do you really think you could do all that yourself? If you do, then you're just a damn imbecile who refuses to admit the simple truth.

I just made a chicken sandwich from scratch. It took me 25seconds and cost under a dollar. I saved in plane fare by trading for the salt. Trading happened long before planes were invented and its cheaper and less time consuming.

This guy is a prick.
You're too fucking stupid to understand the point of the article. You didn't make it from scratch.
He's disparaging self sufficiency to justify his cosmopolitan existance which comes at the price of most people's slavery. If he had six months to do it, why didn't he start another sandwich on day two, giving him sandwich on day 6months and one day?

People used to trade and make in bulk etc.

It's a totally moronic study, conducted by an evident beardster.

What a ridiculous study.

When people live self sufficiently they don't pickle one cucumber. They produce in quantity, which means they eat a sandwich everyday. Just likewe get to for working 60 years at some ccrazy obtuse garbage.

Go look in your pantry. How long do you suppose it would take to make all the items in it? A lot of them you couldn't even make yourself. I have so frozen shrimp in my freezer that were raised in Vietnam. How would I do that myself? Corn? Filet Mignon? Asparagus? Mushrooms? Horseradish? Soy Sauce? Mustard?

Do you really think you could do all that yourself? If you do, then you're just a damn imbecile who refuses to admit the simple truth.
Well you might have to get local shrimp but yes, I could grow all that stuff
and that's because I'm not a moron like this flamboyant beardster who got a plane to be a dick. That's all that study reveals, that he is a collosal dick.

I just made a chicken sandwich from scratch. It took me 25seconds and cost under a dollar. I saved in plane fare by trading for the salt. Trading happened long before planes were invented and its cheaper and less time consuming.

This guy is a prick.
You're too fucking stupid to understand the point of the article. You didn't make it from scratch.
He's disparaging self sufficiency to justify his cosmopolitan existance which comes at the price of most people's slavery. If he had six months to do it, why didn't he start another sandwich on day two, giving him sandwich on day 6months and one day?

And I suppose YOU are therefore an anti-capitalist. Big business hater. Think all businesses are out for a evil buck?
RIGHT?
Because you are missing the point of the guy's study!
Idiots who have NO idea how that McDonald's hamburger comes to existence. YET these idiots decry McDonalds paying $8.00 an hour!
These same idiots that don't get this concept of what the guy was pointing out because they like Obama hate businesses! Hate capitalism!
Do YOU???

What a ridiculous study.

and that's because I'm not a moron like this flamboyant beardster who got a plane to be a dick. That's all that study reveals, that he is a collosal dick.

You're a moron who's a waist of bandwidth.

Arguing with morons is about as fun as watching paint dry.

BTW, if it's so easy, then why aren't you making all this stuff for yourself?

What a ridiculous study.

I have a little farm. I make and grow lots of stuff.

you might gripe about a 1500 dollar chicken sandwich

but think about the chicken

he gave his life

Even better...

Think of how much time and effort our ancestors went through for 3 meals a day

THAT WAS THE POINT! I grew up as a kid working with my brother and sisters in the 4 gardens my Dad co-oped so we could have food to eat!
We raised rabbits and chickens for food.
AND YES we worked hard to EAT!
Today as you point out less then 5% of our daily existence is required to make/eat food.
the other 95% WE CAN work to earn money to buy our McDonalds!
But it took the efficiency of the capitalistic motivation i.e. profit to make a hamburger that sells today for $2.00!
I bought a whole roasted chicken for $5 for dinner tonight. It was fucking awesome :thup:

But who raised the chicken? Who butchered the chicken and sent the chicken to the store? Who roasted the chicken?

Do you really understand the point here?
All those steps so you could get a $5 chicken and I am confident that idiots like you have NO idea when you bitch and moan about those evil capitalist,money
profit corporations how through the hundreds of years and trillions of dollars it is possible for you to in less then 15 minutes hand over your $5.00 and
drive home and begin eating that chicken!

Those idiots that complain about money grubbing evil corporations WAKE UP!
These are the BEST times and with all the continued rules and regulations that this Anti-capitalist, Anti-business administration is laying down,
there will NOT be the choices we have much less the opportunity buy a $5 chicken already roasted!
Who knows! That chicken sandwich I made had 2 slices of cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, buffalo sauce, blue cheese chunks, on toasted French bread, and toasted in an oven.

That shit was delicious :thup:

What a ridiculous study.

Go look in your pantry. How long do you suppose it would take to make all t he items in it? A lot of them you couldn't even make yourself. I have so frozen shrimp in my freezer that were raised in Vietnam. How would I do that myself? Corn? Filet Mignon? Asparagus? Mushrooms? Horseradish? Soy Sauce? Mustard?

Do you think everyone can have their own farm? How do you grow a tractor on a farm? Television? Refrigerator? Computer?

you might gripe about a 1500 dollar chicken sandwich

but think about the chicken

he gave his life

Even better...

THAT WAS THE POINT! I grew up as a kid working with my brother and sisters in the 4 gardens my Dad co-oped so we could have food to eat!
Today as you point out less then 5% of our daily existence is required to make/eat food.
But it took the efficiency of the capitalistic motivation i.e. profit to make a hamburger that sells today for $2.00!
I bought a whole roasted chicken for $5 for dinner tonight. It was fucking awesome :thup:

But who raised the chicken? Who butchered the chicken and sent the chicken to the store? Who roasted the chicken?

All those steps so you could get a $5 chicken and I am confident that idiots like you have NO idea when you bitch and moan about those evil capitalist,money
profit corporations how through the hundreds of years and trillions of dollars it is possible for you to in less then 15 minutes hand over your $5.00 and

These are the BEST times and with all the continued rules and regulations that this Anti-capitalist, Anti-business administration is laying down,
there will NOT be the choices we have much less the opportunity buy a $5 chicken already roasted!
Who knows! That chicken sandwich I made had 2 slices of cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, onion, buffalo sauce, blue cheese chunks, on toasted French bread, and toasted in an oven.

What was that supposed to prove?

From an online post by Cato Institute researcher and editor Chelsea German, Sept. 25:
He grew the vegetables, gathered salt from seawater, milked a cow, turned the milk into cheese, pickled a cucumber in a jar, ground his own flour from wheat to make the bread, collected his own honey, and personally killed a chicken for its meat.
making a sandwich entirely by himself cost him 6 months of his life and set him back $1,500. . .

So when you grossly ignorant people primarily FFOs that have no idea where the meat comes from
for the McDonald's chicken now comprehend WHY the concept of a business that exists because of the desire to earn a profit from selling a chicken sandwich has made Western civilization the envy of the

You people that continually bash capitalism, businesses, i.e. like Obama does, do you finally understand
why you are able to sit at a computer munching on a sandwich that cost less then $2.00 that took little or
Maybe for the first time you'll recognize that your current life style is totally dependent on that evil concept ...capitalism!!!
Ah this is how they pay CEO's a salary in one hour that a worker that actually MAKES the sandwich makes in a year....impressive!

h post: 12424549 said:

This guy is a prick.

And I suppose YOU are therefore an anti-capitalist. Big business hater. Think all businesses are out for a evil buck?
RIGHT?
Because you are missing the point of the guy's study!
Idiots who have NO idea how that McDonald's hamburger comes to existence. YET these idiots decry McDonalds paying $8.00 an hour!
These same idiots that don't get this concept of what the guy was pointing out because they like Obama hate businesses! Hate capitalism!
Do YOU???
No. I hate beardsters who want to justify their unproductive careers by making a dumb study that ignores reality.

Ah this is how they pay CEO's a salary in one hour that a worker that actually MAKES the sandwich makes in a year....impressive!

Huh?

What a ridiculous study.

What the hell is a "collosal " dick?

Obviously YOU couldn't grow shit because little details like the red dotted underline means nothing to you!
See when idiots like you make stupid braggadocio comments and then can't even pay attention that to me means YOU'D be an absolute failure and growing
anything! It is the "details" that make the difference and idiots like you don't have time for "details",i.e. red dotted underline!

Since you don't seemingly care about sloppy grammar, you definitely wouldn't care about a screwed ugly weed infested garden!
Putz!

What a ridiculous study.

Obviously YOU couldn't grow shit because little details like the red dotted underline means nothing to you!
See when idiots like you make stupid braggadocio comments and then can't even pay attention that to me means YOU'D be an absolute failure and growing
anything! It is the "details" that make the difference and idiots like you don't have time for "details",i.e. red dotted underline!

Since you don't seemingly care about sloppy grammar, you definitely wouldn't care about a screwed ugly weed infested garden!
Putz!
What have red dotted lines got to do with the price of yeast?

YOU are so f...king stupid!
ONE CEO meaning CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER responsible for 1,000s of employees and you equate the two???
YOU idiots honestly think a worker that makes the sandwiches could MAKE decisions that impact 1,000s of workers lives? Shareholders money?
Millions of dollars in asset management and YOU stupidly equate the salary of a CEO to a sandwich maker??

This is again is a great example of how people like you are so grossly ignorant!
Comparing the training, the education, the experiences of a seasoned executive who sleeps on average less then the "sandwich maker" because of
decisions that have to made that will affect 1,000s of sandwich makers!
But dummies like you NEVER see that because YOU are a sandwich maker and will never ever with that ignorance be anything more!

Noth
Even better...

What was that supposed to prove?

Uh... nothing. Not everything someone posts has to be confrontational... weirdo...

:cuckoo:

What a ridiculous study.

Go look in your pantry. How long do you suppose it would take to make all t he items in it? A lot of them you couldn't even make yourself. I have so frozen shrimp in my freezer that were raised in Vietnam. How would I do that myself? Corn? Filet Mignon? Asparagus? Mushrooms? Horseradish? Soy Sauce? Mustard?

Do you think everyone can have their own farm? How do you grow a tractor on a farm? Television? Refrigerator? Computer?
Its not a tractor farm. I use solar panels for fridge and computer. Geez, it's not rocket science.

It doesn't take 6 months to make a sandwich. It takes daily work to have daily meals. Just the same as it does to buy a sandwich from mcdonalds.

Difference is, working daily to buy mcdonalds etc is soul destroying but working daily on your own food is calming.

What a ridiculous study.

Putz!
What have red dotted lines got to do with the price of yeast?

If you have so little respect for your appearances, i.e. how you write, then I have NO respect for anything you write!
It is so simple to see that little red dotted line telling you the word is misspelled! YOU obviously don't care! And if you don't care about the little details
then why in the hell should I care what you write because you apparently are an irresponsible idiot that doesn't care either what you write.

Forum List

Back