CDZ Would you rather be asymptomatic with Covid or sick with the flu?

Sure, me too. Asymtomatic COVID would be great: immunity with no illness and no vaccine needed.
We should all be so lucky.
Asymptomatic covid is a a wishful thinking those days :)

Yes, it's not a disease if you aren't sick, so we should wish for that.

It's quite common, too. I'd love to know what proportion of people get COVID but don't know it.

That was the OP's question: asymptomatic COVID, or serious influenza? Darn, there are a lot of advantages to getting asymptomatic COVID while this epidemic rages, and none to getting a bad case of flu.

I'll take Covid. How about you?

Here is a tidbit for you. The Flu has been drastically cut down. It seems it is easier to stop using the PPP methods than Covid is. But AI can tell you this, if a youngster (you) catches covid once it may not be so bad. But catch it again and it is even worse. At some point, it's going to kill you. People my age can weather the Flu (but we take flu shots to prevent it) and probably live through it. But Covid will probably kill me. As you get older, Covid gets worse. The Flu stays about the same. But the Flu isn't doing so good lately as there are enough people wearing masks and distancing to put a huge crimp in it spreading.

Not to worry, when a handle is gotten on Covid, the Flu will be waiting in the wings.
The flu has been changed to Covid....pneumonia has been changed to Covid.

right now, the flu is rare. The same preventions for the Flu are almost 100% effective against it. So you are just blowing wind up my skirts on that one. Not to worry, when Covid ends, the Flu will return.

One of the things that Covid does is make a pre existing condition worse. With the exception of pneumonia. There is a good chance that pneumonia will set in due to covid. Hence the resperators which is exactly what you would have to do for severe pneumonia cases for exactly the same reasons. Talking with you makes me feel like an ugly male Marylin Monroe standing over a steam grate.
There is a 99% chance in people under 65 that Covid will do nothing to anything. Talking with you makes me sad that liberals are afraid of their own shadows.

Except that it's actually true, to some point. Before getting Covid19, I used to suffer from SVT, and backpains due to a traffic accident. The virus made my SVT attacks more frequent and the muscle-pains worsened by much. even if it's only 1%, you don't want to fall into that minority, and you don't know if you will.
Anyone with a preexisting health issue is susceptible to harm from the virus. You are one of those, the 1%, and need to take extra precautions. The rest of us are not you.

Sure, me too. Asymtomatic COVID would be great: immunity with no illness and no vaccine needed.
We should all be so lucky.
Asymptomatic covid is a a wishful thinking those days :)

Yes, it's not a disease if you aren't sick, so we should wish for that.

It's quite common, too. I'd love to know what proportion of people get COVID but don't know it.

That was the OP's question: asymptomatic COVID, or serious influenza? Darn, there are a lot of advantages to getting asymptomatic COVID while this epidemic rages, and none to getting a bad case of flu.
With testing available now almost all new cases are asymptomatic.....so people who have it and dont know it are finding out how harmless it is.

The intention of this thread is to play down the seriousness of the virus. If that's what Americans want to do then nobody can stop them.
2000 to 3000 deaths a day now doesn't seem to register on them.
That's the sickness that has taken over their country, due to politics.

The intention of this thread is to play down the seriousness of the virus. If that's what Americans want to do then nobody can stop them.
No, its actually common sense......quoting deaths alone is meaningless when over 2 million tests a day are being completed. The asymptomatic cases from these tests add many more harmless cases which reduces the US mortality rate each day. So not even all the made up Covid deaths can make the mortality rate increase and it has just reached its lowest percentage at 1.7%. And keep in mind, its really only about 6% of the total deaths claimed that are truly due to Covid.

No, its actually common sense......quoting deaths alone is meaningless when over 2 million tests a day are being completed. The asymptomatic cases from these tests add many more harmless cases which reduces the US mortality rate each day. So not even all the made up Covid deaths can make the mortality rate increase and it has just reached its lowest percentage at 1.7%. And keep in mind, its really only about 6% of the total deaths claimed that are truly due to Covid.

You make your own statistics. Play it down all you want but just stay in your own country.

You make your own statistics. Play it down all you want but just stay in your own country.
No libber, Worldmeters collects all the statistics for those not too lazy to go look up the truth about the leftyvirus. Its the flu nothing more that you shut the country down over and cost millions their jobs. Way more damage than this silly virus would ever have done to them.

Naaaaaaah, OP asked a simple question directed at asymptomatic COVID. You should read the opening text, Donald H. Take the time! 2000 to 3000 deaths is hardly asymptomatic: that would be the COVID with symptoms.

:eek:

And keep in mind, its really only about 6% of the total deaths claimed that are truly due to Covid.

I doubt the numbers are THAT bad. We've all heard about the auto fatalities and the alligator attacks being called COVID because the victim came up positive (or false positive --- that's another problem number). The fact that hospitals are paid extra to treat COVID is not helping that. Given that, and many fewer patients than before, of course they're going to call everything COVID.

But it's a lot higher than 6%. I just now 12/22 read a story that number of deaths are up from 3 million (over the total population) last year, to 3,400,000 this year. That 400,000 is deaths from COVID, or associated mortalities due to the lockdowns and imposed poverty and so on. The article said it would shorten life expectancies on average by three years!

We're at 340,000 deaths now. 1918 Spanish Influenza carried off 675,000 in the U.S. Just saying. . . .

The fact that hospitals are paid extra to treat COVID is not helping that.

That's revealing a flaw in the US health care system that should be considered to be intolerable to all Americans.

There's at least as much evidence to say that the numbers are being played down for the same reasons being suggested by the deniers.

For instance, an alligator bite that sends a citizen to the hospital that results in contacting Covid and dying from it. When it should have been a few stitches and a 5000 dollar bill to pay.

And keep in mind, its really only about 6% of the total deaths claimed that are truly due to Covid.

I doubt the numbers are THAT bad. We've all heard about the auto fatalities and the alligator attacks being called COVID because the victim came up positive (or false positive --- that's another problem number). The fact that hospitals are paid extra to treat COVID is not helping that. Given that, and many fewer patients than before, of course they're going to call everything COVID.

But it's a lot higher than 6%. I just now 12/22 read a story that number of deaths are up from 3 million (over the total population) last year, to 3,400,000 this year. That 400,000 is deaths from COVID, or associated mortalities due to the lockdowns and imposed poverty and so on. The article said it would shorten life expectancies on average by three years!

We're at 340,000 deaths now. 1918 Spanish Influenza carried off 675,000 in the U.S. Just saying. . . .
And flu deaths and pneumonia deaths are what? Gone? Plus the virus activates the immune system to overreact in some people, and they are almost all 65 or older or really 75 and older......99% plus survival rate for the vast majority of the population so why shut down the country?

That's revealing a flaw in the US health care system that should be considered to be intolerable to all Americans.

There's at least as much evidence to say that the numbers are being played down for the same reasons being suggested by the deniers.

For instance, an alligator bite that sends a citizen to the hospital that results in contacting Covid and dying from it. When it should have been a few stitches and a 5000 dollar bill to pay.
The numbers have been played UP.....plus the CDC estimated at least 10 million people had the virus and recovered without ever being tested that makes the mortality rate miniscule.

The numbers have been played UP.....plus the CDC estimated at least 10 million people had the virus and recovered without ever being tested that makes the mortality rate miniscule.

I have little interest in debating the statistics. the numbers say it all and you can interpret that any way that pleases you all.

I would respectfully suggest though that some Americans need to pull in their horns until we learn how virulent this new strain of Covid is going to be?

Trump called it a phony virus and that should have provided enough warning to take it seriously.

I have little interest in debating the statistics. the numbers say it all and you can interpret that any way that pleases you all.
Statistical facts don't need interpretation especially from liberals.

And flu deaths and pneumonia deaths are what? Gone? Plus the virus activates the immune system to overreact in some people, and they are almost all 65 or older or really 75 and older......99% plus survival rate for the vast majority of the population so why shut down the country?

Oh, you're preaching to the choir. I think this lockdown-masking-social distancing by mandate business was a huge screw-up. And I'm worried they'll do it again and again whenever someone sneezes from now on.

This is a very silly way to run a railroad.

Oh, you're preaching to the choir. I think this lockdown-masking-social distancing by mandate business was a huge screw-up. And I'm worried they'll do it again and again whenever someone sneezes from now on.

This is a very silly way to run a railroad.
102 people at my company contracted the virus and stayed home to recover then back to work, 5 I think are over 60. We never shut down, have always washed hands and social distanced for years, never thought about coughing or sneezing in anyone's face, we wear masks in certain areas because of dust from production. Our owners never once considered shutting down and are considered a critical business so no problems there. The overreaction to this has been ridiculous and some people may never get their jobs back or another one close to what they were paid.

I would respectfully suggest though that some Americans need to pull in their horns until we learn how virulent this new strain of Covid is going to be?

Trump called it a phony virus and that should have provided enough warning to take it seriously.
People need to get back to work, and if they get sick stay home until better. 0.4% of the cases require any lengthy hospitalization and 2.2% of the US is even infected. Pulling in their horns and starving while waiting to hear about a silly flu virus seems very endoftheworld liberal mentality to me, and not practical at all...as usual.

And now your ridiculous media has to tout a "new strain" to keep you panicky and afraid because that is what they do. The vaccines are out and being distributed so the press has to do their new doom and gloom storyline. Pathetic.

And now your ridiculous media has to tout a "new strain" to keep you panicky and afraid because that is what they do. The vaccines are out and being distributed so the press has to do their new doom and gloom storyline. Pathetic.
Do you think they're making up a lie about the new strain?
It's a little late for that now that Trump has been busted.
Who else thinks it's a phony virus now?

Forum List

Back