CDZ Would you rather be asymptomatic with Covid or sick with the flu?

I'll take Covid. How about you?

Here is a tidbit for you. The Flu has been drastically cut down. It seems it is easier to stop using the PPP methods than Covid is. But AI can tell you this, if a youngster (you) catches covid once it may not be so bad. But catch it again and it is even worse. At some point, it's going to kill you. People my age can weather the Flu (but we take flu shots to prevent it) and probably live through it. But Covid will probably kill me. As you get older, Covid gets worse. The Flu stays about the same. But the Flu isn't doing so good lately as there are enough people wearing masks and distancing to put a huge crimp in it spreading.

Not to worry, when a handle is gotten on Covid, the Flu will be waiting in the wings.
Links to your nonsense please

My half brother had covid. He had sniffles for four days.
Covid lasts four days. A cold lasts 7 days. The flu lasts 7 to 10 days.

Tricky question.

As someone who suffered from a nasty flu, as well as covid19, I'd stick with the flu.

During the first day of both illnesses, I can say for sure that the flu was worse, as the fever won't go down for days, plus hallucinations and all.... while the covid symptoms got a bit better as days passed... even after all that I'd stick with the flue, since I now feel the covid consequences, 2 months after recovering, more than I did during the illness itself. Constant suffering of muscle pain, cognitive problems, trouble breathing, loss of hair, not been able to smell anything, and that without mentioning the tinitus and the heart problems.

Nope. Flu it is.

Here is a tidbit for you. The Flu has been drastically cut down. It seems it is easier to stop using the PPP methods than Covid is. But AI can tell you this, if a youngster (you) catches covid once it may not be so bad. But catch it again and it is even worse. At some point, it's going to kill you. People my age can weather the Flu (but we take flu shots to prevent it) and probably live through it. But Covid will probably kill me. As you get older, Covid gets worse. The Flu stays about the same. But the Flu isn't doing so good lately as there are enough people wearing masks and distancing to put a huge crimp in it spreading.

Not to worry, when a handle is gotten on Covid, the Flu will be waiting in the wings.
Links to your nonsense please

I heard it on the News. I heard it n PBS. No, it wasn't on the conspiracy sites like OAN. And that was yesterday. But looking at it, it makes common sense so that leaves you out.

The flu has been changed to Covid....pneumonia has been changed to Covid.

Tricky question.

As someone who suffered from a nasty flu, as well as covid19, I'd stick with the flu.

During the first day of both illnesses, I can say for sure that the flu was worse, as the fever won't go down for days, plus hallucinations and all.... while the covid symptoms got a bit better as days passed... even after all that I'd stick with the flue, since I now feel the covid consequences, 2 months after recovering, more than I did during the illness itself. Constant suffering of muscle pain, cognitive problems, trouble breathing, loss of hair, not been able to smell anything, and that without mentioning the tinitus and the heart problems.

Nope. Flu it is.
Hallucinations? I think you are confusing an LSD trip with the flu.

right now, the flu is rare. The same preventions for the Flu are almost 100% effective against it. So you are just blowing wind up my skirts on that one. Not to worry, when Covid ends, the Flu will return.

One of the things that Covid does is make a pre existing condition worse. With the exception of pneumonia. There is a good chance that pneumonia will set in due to covid. Hence the resperators which is exactly what you would have to do for severe pneumonia cases for exactly the same reasons. Talking with you makes me feel like an ugly male Marylin Monroe standing over a steam grate.

right now, the flu is rare. The same preventions for the Flu are almost 100% effective against it. So you are just blowing wind up my skirts on that one. Not to worry, when Covid ends, the Flu will return.

One of the things that Covid does is make a pre existing condition worse. With the exception of pneumonia. There is a good chance that pneumonia will set in due to covid. Hence the resperators which is exactly what you would have to do for severe pneumonia cases for exactly the same reasons. Talking with you makes me feel like an ugly male Marylin Monroe standing over a steam grate.
There is a 99% chance in people under 65 that Covid will do nothing to anything. Talking with you makes me sad that liberals are afraid of their own shadows.

Moderator alert!

This is an attempt to spam the CDZ section with a loaded question that will gain no reasonable conclusions.

Some of us depend on this section for reasonable debate within the rules. This topic detracts from that and should have been removed.

I believe that this complaint shouldn't be made in private to the mods or admin. It's an issue for everybody.

Thanks for your consideration.

There is a 99% chance in people under 65 that Covid will do nothing to anything. Talking with you makes me sad that liberals are afraid of their own shadows.

I turn 70 in a few days and have Respiratory problems. I can live for at least 10 to 15 years. But Covid is a death sentence.

Denial of the Covid-19 is the death sentence.
The US just blew by 325,000 deaths.

edit: 326,000.
And 1500 so farfor today is a good day!

Last edited:
Tricky question.

Nope. Flu it is.
Hallucinations? I think you are confusing an LSD trip with the flu.

Yes, but actually no. During that nasty flu I got a temprature of 104, thing that only an ice-bath could solve, and in that temprature you start seeing things that weren't there. That's not a great feeling, let me tell you.

Except that it's actually true, to some point. Before getting Covid19, I used to suffer from SVT, and backpains due to a traffic accident. The virus made my SVT attacks more frequent and the muscle-pains worsened by much. even if it's only 1%, you don't want to fall into that minority, and you don't know if you will.

Forum List

Back