Would you support Michelle Obama if she chose to run for the US Senate?

Should Michelle Obama follow in HRC's footsteps

• Yes (why)

Votes: 12 31.6%
  • No (why)

Votes: 26 68.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Would you support Michelle Obama if she chose to run for the US Senate?

Fuck no, its not a goddamn popularity contest how about electing somebody who's qualified and not an America hating fucktard.

Michelle has met with global leaders, Senators, Congressmen and Governors and has had direct access to the inner workings of the White House. How many Senators have better qualifications?

Its not healthy for the country to keep electing in Family members. What do we have ? over 300 million in this country and we have to keep electing the same families? Ideally politicians should come to Washington from whatever professional background they came from, represent their region for a while , then return back to their
original line of work when its over, but Politics has become to much of a popularity contest now and way to lucrative. Of course Michelle wants to become a Senator, think of all the millions in speeches she will be paid
when she gets out of office. Michelle as a Senator? no thanks lets try the next option,

Obama/Harris 2024!
Hillary Clinton's "deplorables" comment was, in itself, deplorable, and un-American.

Why? You don't think racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia and islamaphobia is deplorable?

Its deplorable for her to lay that rubbish at someones feet who has nothing to do with those labels. She has no knowledge of what the vast majority of Americans believe. Most likely her handlers gave her that line and it was deplorable for her to use it.
Michelle grew up middle class. She has more knowledge of middle America than Trump does

I know. This is going to be such a crazy idea but I am going to go all out and throw it out there. How about we support candidates that focus on this:
The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To borrow money on the credit of the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;

To establish post offices and post roads;

To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;

To constitute tribunals inferior to the Supreme Court;

To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations;

To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;

To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

To provide and maintain a navy;

To make rules for the government and regulation of the land and naval forces;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;--And

To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.

This is like a game. This is 7-UP and you can choose whatever label is appealing and dress it anyway you want it to but it's still 7-UP.

Obama/Harris 2024!
Hillary Clinton's "deplorables" comment was, in itself, deplorable, and un-American.

Why? You don't think racism, sexism, homophobia, xenophobia and islamaphobia is deplorable?

Its deplorable for her to lay that rubbish at someones feet who has nothing to do with those labels. She has no knowledge of what the vast majority of Americans believe. Most likely her handlers gave her that line and it was deplorable for her to use it.
Michelle grew up middle class. She has more knowledge of middle America than Trump does

Well she has every right to run if she wanted to, but all partisanship aside, I think its bad form. I was apalled
that Jeb Bush tried to run for pres as well. I'm sorry, its just a personal preference with me that I think we should get away from this habit

"
Race, gender and the legacy Michelle Obama will leave behind
Matthew Dallek 17 hours ago
dc505b0eb224c52938e877d37b5a1cc7

First lady Michelle Obama speaks during a campaign rally for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton on Oct. 13, 2016, in Manchester, N.H. (Photo: Jim Cole/AP)
"First lady Michelle Obama has enjoyed an average approval rating of 65 percent during Barack Obama’s two terms. She delivered two of the most memorable speeches of this year’s presidential campaign. She is the most admired national political figure in an age of mass distemper and distrust toward politicians of all stripes, and she has done it at a time when Donald Trump has taken over the Republican Party and struck a deeply racist, misogynistic chord among primarily white men (and women) without college degrees."

Consider and comment too as to your opinion if HRC is elected, and appointed Michelle Obama a member of her cabinet.
She is more of a man than her husband ever has been…

That's easy - hells to the no. She unqualified and she hates America

She's unqualified? Well then, if that is the measure you will use to vote, I suppose Trump is out and HRC will get your vote.
Well she is not a career politician so that puts her way above Hildabeast... and every other career politician In Washington

I know. This is going to be such a crazy idea but I am going to go all out and throw it out there. How about we support candidates that focus on this:
The Congress shall have power to lay and collect taxes, duties, imposts and excises, to pay the debts and provide for the common defense and general welfare of the United States; but all duties, imposts and excises shall be uniform throughout the United States;

To regulate commerce with foreign nations, and among the several states, and with the Indian tribes;

To establish a uniform rule of naturalization, and uniform laws on the subject of bankruptcies throughout the United States;

To coin money, regulate the value thereof, and of foreign coin, and fix the standard of weights and measures;

To provide for the punishment of counterfeiting the securities and current coin of the United States;

To promote the progress of science and useful arts, by securing for limited times to authors and inventors the exclusive right to their respective writings and discoveries;

To define and punish piracies and felonies committed on the high seas, and offenses against the law of nations;

To declare war, grant letters of marque and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;

To raise and support armies, but no appropriation of money to that use shall be for a longer term than two years;

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

To exercise exclusive legislation in all cases whatsoever, over such District (not exceeding ten miles square) as may, by cession of particular states, and the acceptance of Congress, become the seat of the government of the United States, and to exercise like authority over all places purchased by the consent of the legislature of the state in which the same shall be, for the erection of forts, magazines, arsenals, dockyards, and other needful buildings;--And

To make all laws which shall be necessary and proper for carrying into execution the foregoing powers, and all other powers vested by this Constitution in the government of the United States, or in any department or officer thereof.

This is like a game. This is 7-UP and you can choose whatever label is appealing and dress it anyway you want it to but it's still 7-UP.

I'd rather have representatives who do what needs doing rather than concentrate on the global visions of an 18th century politician

It's funny progressives don't understand the distrust of the federal government... we have a banana republic for federal government

Obama/Harris 2024!

Well she has every right to run if she wanted to, but all partisanship aside, I think its bad form. I was apalled
that Jeb Bush tried to run for pres as well. I'm sorry, its just a personal preference with me that I think we should get away from this habit
She had global exposure as First Lady and she excelled

She can do whatever she wants to at this time

I'd rather have representatives who do what needs doing rather than concentrate on the global visions of an 18th century politician
Only thing worse than nationalism is globalism

The above are the job requirements. This is not Barbie Dolls with fashion accessories which is what you get if you don't change the criteria of whom you elect. I personally don't like 7-UP and I don't care how you dress it up.

"
Matthew Dallek 17 hours ago
dc505b0eb224c52938e877d37b5a1cc7

First lady Michelle Obama speaks during a campaign rally for Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton on Oct. 13, 2016, in Manchester, N.H. (Photo: Jim Cole/AP)
"First lady Michelle Obama has enjoyed an average approval rating of 65 percent during Barack Obama’s two terms. She delivered two of the most memorable speeches of this year’s presidential campaign. She is the most admired national political figure in an age of mass distemper and distrust toward politicians of all stripes, and she has done it at a time when Donald Trump has taken over the Republican Party and struck a deeply racist, misogynistic chord among primarily white men (and women) without college degrees."

Consider and comment too as to your opinion if HRC is elected, and appointed Michelle Obama a member of her cabinet.

No, we don't need another two faced bitch running for office, pretty simple, her husband was a failure. Is there some unknown redeeming quality that we haven't been privy too?

I think the Obamas and the Clintons have done enough for this country already.

There is no evidence that you actually think. Do you have a post that is either thoughtful or thought provoking to rebut my statement?
It is really rude behavior to ask people a question then insult them when they answer you. Typical liberal behavior.

Manners are not evident or required on this message board. If they were you would have been kicked out long ago.

Forum List

Back