~Would You Take A Life??~

I don't understand how anyone could freeze up when someone is fixin' to kill you or your loved one and you have it in your power to kill them to stop them.
The same way a deer or rabbit freezes in the headlights

Fight or flight gets overloaded and they panic and freeze

It's also known to happen in war, especially among new guys when the shit hits the fan

Cows are definitely not small animals- they can (and do) hurt people

Best to kill them first, before they organize

Considering we've had bulls that weighed a literal ton, yeah, they aren't small. Two such animals in a relatively large area make it seem rather small.

I have one cow, she's crazy if she has a calf at her side. Just total nuts. But when she doesn't have a calf, she's just fine. I'd shoot her dead if she'd didn't produce such yummy calves.

Easier than moving a single man to kill id moving a group to kill

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GeVa6U9yLCc]YouTube - ‪Rwandan Genocide Project (RTLM Radio)‬‏[/ame]

The key is to dehumanize those outside the ingroup, so that they are not killing men- they are killing the enemy or cleansing the land of parasites or fighting off a disease

Cows are definitely not small animals- they can (and do) hurt people

Best to kill them first, before they organize

Considering we've had bulls that weighed a literal ton, yeah, they aren't small. Two such animals in a relatively large area make it seem rather small.

I have one cow, she's crazy if she has a calf at her side. Just total nuts. But when she doesn't have a calf, she's just fine. I'd shoot her dead if she'd didn't produce such yummy calves.
Some day she's going to figure out where all her babies keep disappearing to...

All you had to do was take her to a range and actually fire the weapon. That would have been the best way for her to determine whether or not she would be willing.

Not really.

The military learned the hard way that merely shooting at targets doesn't work. Most wouldn't kill a man in battle.

You need something more realistic- you have to desensitize them to killing another human being through the most realistic simulation possible.

Last edited:
Funny that you all think that the only way you can take someones life is with a gun in some violent way.

so lets spin this little thing up.

Someone you love is in the hospital. You have discussed it between yourselves. You agree to end each others lives under certain criteria. Could you, would you do it.
I don't know. I think I'd be too greedy and self-centered and not want to lose them.

Or maybe that should read, COULD you take a life??

If so, can you describe what would motivate you to take another's life??

Another what?

Squished a friggen cockroach this morning. Don't have much trouble with reptiles either.

This is why RTLM called the Tutsis cockroaches...

dehumanizing the target is the easiest way to circumvent the resistance most of the population has to killing another human being

The Hutus were snakes.

Rep for catching the allegory.

Funny that you all think that the only way you can take someones life is with a gun in some violent way.

Someone you love is in the hospital. You have discussed it between yourselves. You agree to end each others lives under certain criteria. Could you, would you do it.
I don't know. I think I'd be too greedy and self-centered and not want to lose them.

I agree JB. We are talking about a situation that you can't take back if you change your mind. Just "talking about it" is a lot different then actually pulling the plug.

the solution is to eat one of the two :cool:

The were too old and tough. Too much testosterone too. We just used them for breeding for a couple years, then sold em.

You gotta feed out the steers ... that's good eatin'. :eusa_drool:

Phoenix,

a funny bull story for you. When we were teens, one of or friends families owned a local dairy. Most of us had jobs driving the delivery routes delivery milk. on of our jobs was to pull out the old expired milk from the shelves and bring it back. also part of our jobs when we delivered and restocked was to rotate the milk and bring the older stuff forward so it didn't expire. which we rarely did. So that always left us with a lot of expired milk. We'd bring it back to the dairy and sit it up on a fence and shoot it for fun, out of boredom.

One day we're plinking milk and some of those big old metal milk jugs on top of a fence. and a friend of ours, Bob, shoots at a can. Nothing happens. Well nothing happpend to the milk can anyway. But........ over a few hills and dales and pastures we see a Bull drop. Yep, Mr. G's prize stud bull. Dead. We're like shit, what do we do. So we decide to bury it and say nothing. We get a tractor, haul this thing like a mile back into the fields. All of us spend hours diging in the field to get a hole big enough for a few thousand pound bull. Not sure if you've ever dug in a New England field, but it's all rock.

So we get the hole dug to what we think is deep enough and dump in the bull. Hmmmmmmm :doubt: about 12" short. Well that thing was in there and wasn't coming out. so we bent the legs over and threw in the dirt. A job well done we thought. Days go by. Mr G has called the cops, someone stole his bull. A week or two, we're thinking we are golden. One day Mr G is riding his fields and he comes upon what looks like a fresh patch of dirt . probably not a problem in itself. But the for bull hoofs sticking up out of it were a dead give away. rigamortise had set in and the legs straightened. Busted

Phoenix,

a funny bull story for you. When we were teens, one of or friends families owned a local dairy. Most of us had jobs driving the delivery routes delivery milk. on of our jobs was to pull out the old expired milk from the shelves and bring it back. also part of our jobs when we delivered and restocked was to rotate the milk and bring the older stuff forward so it didn't expire. which we rarely did. So that always left us with a lot of expired milk. We'd bring it back to the dairy and sit it up on a fence and shoot it for fun, out of boredom.

One day we're plinking milk and some of those big old metal milk jugs on top of a fence. and a friend of ours, Bob, shoots at a can. Nothing happens. Well nothing happpend to the milk can anyway. But........ over a few hills and dales and pastures we see a Bull drop. Yep, Mr. G's prize stud bull. Dead. We're like shit, what do we do. So we decide to bury it and say nothing. We get a tractor, haul this thing like a mile back into the fields. All of us spend hours diging in the field to get a hole big enough for a few thousand pound bull. Not sure if you've ever dug in a New England field, but it's all rock.

So we get the hole dug to what we think is deep enough and dump in the bull. Hmmmmmmm :doubt: about 12" short. Well that thing was in there and wasn't coming out. so we bent the legs over and threw in the dirt. A job well done we thought. Days go by. Mr G has called the cops, someone stole his bull. A week or two, we're thinking we are golden. One day Mr G is riding his fields and he comes upon what looks like a fresh patch of dirt . probably not a problem in itself. But the for bull hoofs sticking up out of it were a dead give away. rigamortise had set in and the legs straightened. Busted

That would suck. :lol:

Sorry guy. Had you put me in that position, I'd have beat you half to death with the gun and called the cops. Good-by pistol permit!

That is why you need to know the person before doing something like that. I was pretty much certain of what her reaction to the situation would be. I knew she would refuse to pull the trigger, even with the gun unloaded, and that she would likely freak out and hit me at the end. I'll admit that she hit me a little harder than I expected, but outside of that the reaction was almost exactly what I predicted.

Probably not something I'd do with you, if I knew you, Ernie.

the solution is to eat one of the two :cool:

The were too old and tough. Too much testosterone too. We just used them for breeding for a couple years, then sold em.

You gotta feed out the steers ... that's good eatin'. :eusa_drool:

Phoenix,

:rofl:

Granted, many feel as you do. The questions to ask yourself is: Who do you love more...yourself or the persons wishes you are following? Do you love them enough to let them go?

I agree JB. We are talking about a situation that you can't take back if you change your mind. Just "talking about it" is a lot different then actually pulling the plug.

Again, its about how well you know yourself. I know myself very well.

Been there done that....and will do it again. Also if it required "actually" being the one to turn off all of the machines...Im fine with that too.

Granted, many feel as you do. The questions to ask yourself is: Who do you love more...yourself or the persons wishes you are following? Do you love them enough to let them go?

Dunno.

Nobody I cared that much for has put me in that position yet.

Again, its about how well you know yourself. I know myself very well.

Been there done that....and will do it again. Also if it required "actually" being the one to turn off all of the machines...Im fine with that too.
My wife and I have already had the discussion.......It there is no hope, No chance of ever coming through, other than lying there on life support, pull the plug.........It would be hard, but it would be the right choice.

We went through it with one of her family members. There was no hope beyond mechanical life. The brain was dead.........It was hard watching her brothers and herself come to the decision, but after a week they had to do what was right, let him go.......And that's what they did. We sat there for over 13 hours after everything was unhooked. he held his own in that time until finally he straight lined and gave out his last breath....It was really quite peaceful and dignified. Much more dignified than laying there pissing in a bag, with machines doing your functions, and no way to communicate or know what's going on around you.

Forum List

Back