Wow, Bryce Young is smart, CJ Stroud is not....

really isn't debatable

Translation - I parrot it, so I cannot be wrong, because I am the BEAKED BIRDBRAIN doing the PARROTING and I have failed to notice

NOTHING IS SINKING
NO BREAKOUT IN CANE ACTIVITY
NO WARMING IN THE ATMOSPHERE
NO WARMING IN THE OCEANS
NO NET ICE MELT

but lots of noise and morons who parrot noise...

Translation - I parrot it, so I cannot be wrong, because I am the BEAKED BIRDBRAIN doing the PARROTING and I have failed to notice

NOTHING IS SINKING
NO BREAKOUT IN CANE ACTIVITY
NO WARMING IN THE ATMOSPHERE
NO WARMING IN THE OCEANS
NO NET ICE MELT

but lots of noise and morons who parrot noise...

Not sure how at discussion about QB intelligence became a thread about climate change. Oh wait yes I do. You were losing the first argument so you want to change the subject now....

if you are playing football you cant be very intelligent

"Dobbs majored in aerospace engineering during his time at the University of Tennessee.[4] The university presented him with the 2017 Torchbearer Award, the highest honor for an undergraduate student, which recognizes accomplishments in the community and academics. Dobbs was heralded as possessing a perfect 4.0 grade point average and being named to the Southeastern Conference Academic Honor Roll.[9]"

Urschel has bachelor's and master's degrees (both from Penn State) and a doctorate (from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology), all in mathematics.[3][4] He has published peer-reviewed articles in mathematics.[5][6][7] Urschel is also an advanced stats columnist for The Players' Tribune. He is currently serving a three-year term on the College Football Playoff selection committee which began in the spring of 2020.[8]

I'll just leave this here......

Nobody wants an imbecile for the teams' starting QB. Too much time wasted teaching it. More likely to "get into trouble" off the field. on and on and on.

If you can't calculate 4oz per minute, how many ounces in 1.5 hours.....we are talking about College graduates here, are we not? 4 years of free College?

Last edited:
People don't understand that sports success usually requires at least some level of intelligence.
For an NFL QB, intelligence is more important than just about everything else.
It does no good to have a rocket arm if you always throw it to the wrong team or constantly miss the target.
Even hitting a receiver with a throw involves very rapid calculations of speed, distance & angles.
I'll take a QB with avg arm strength & high intelligence over an idiot with a turbo arm any day.
Well both quarterbacks have a nearly identical td to interception ratio. Who knows whether or not ya pick the right qb in the draft. I have seen so many top 10 qb draft picks be a flat bust in the NFL it appears to be a big crap shoot any way ya slice it.

"Dobbs majored in aerospace engineering during his time at the University of Tennessee.[4] The university presented him with the 2017 Torchbearer Award, the highest honor for an undergraduate student, which recognizes accomplishments in the community and academics. Dobbs was heralded as possessing a perfect 4.0 grade point average and being named to the Southeastern Conference Academic Honor Roll.[9]"

Urschel has bachelor's and master's degrees (both from Penn State) and a doctorate (from the Massachusetts Institute of Technology), all in mathematics.[3][4] He has published peer-reviewed articles in mathematics.[5][6][7] Urschel is also an advanced stats columnist for The Players' Tribune. He is currently serving a three-year term on the College Football Playoff selection committee which began in the spring of 2020.[8]

I'll just leave this here......
A FEW MORE CONCUSSIONS will take care of all that

It is like hitting a 100 mph Fastball.
You can’t calculate the speed, rotation or trajectory
You just react

More specifically, you pay attention to the pitch count, know a pitcher's tendencies, try to get hints from where the catcher's lining up behind the plate, see the grip as it comes out of the glove, and then guess. There's a lot of mental prep that goes into that reaction.

But he is an Aerospace Engineer who graduated with a 4.0 while playing Div 1 football at a very high level. I think it's safe to say regardless of how many concussions he's had he's likely smarter than you.

• Thanks
Reactions: EMH
I have no opinion on C. J. Stroud but he actually did very well against one of the nation's best college defenses (Georgia), going 23 of 34 (67% completion rate), 4 touchdowns versus 0 interceptions, averaging 10 yards per pass, and throwing for a long of 37 yards.

I think Young is a better QB, but he played some bad games this past year - probably had more bad games than Stroud but Young plays better opposition.

I really think mental maturity, the ability to recover from adversity, leadership, and willingness to put in the work is the difference maker between two outstanding athletes like Stroud and Harper.

But he is an Aerospace Engineer who graduated with a 4.0 while playing Div 1 football at a very high level. I think it's safe to say regardless of how many concussions he's had he's likely smarter than you.

There is an inverse correlation between football and intelligence, but it is not absolute.

Some football players are really smart. Dobbs is one. Urschel is another. So is Bryce Young, right up there with Ryan Fitzpatrick.

There is an inverse correlation between football and intelligence, but it is not absolute.

Some football players are really smart. Dobbs is one. Urschel is another. So is Bryce Young, right up there with Ryan Fitzpatrick.
And Pat Mahomes, and likely most of the successful starting QB's in the league. I wouldnt be surprised to see that many of the MLB's and safeties have high end intelligence as well. Football isnt just a line it up and see who can smash the other side the most to win the game. The concepts and schemes are super complex, even at the HS and College level.

Yeah I worry about Tua (won't bother trying to spell his last name, lol). Even before he went pro, he had some crushing injuries, including one where he fractured his leg/pelvis. I honestly didn't think he'd ever play as a first string QB because of that. But then he gets his head cracked not once but twice. I don't think he's long for this league. I hope he's got the sense to bag it before he becomes a vegetable.

What data shows that the makeup of the atmosphere has zero effect on how warm or cold the planet is? Please link that "data"

Nice try.

We have two and only two measures of atmospheric temps = satellites and balloons

Co2 went up, satellites and balloons documented NO WARMING

So if Co2 went up as a percent of the atmosphere and the atmosphere did not warm

SCIENCE says THEORY REJECTED

Yeah I worry about Tua (won't bother trying to spell his last name, lol). Even before he went pro, he had some crushing injuries, including one where he fractured his leg/pelvis. I honestly didn't think he'd ever play as a first string QB because of that. But then he gets his head cracked not once but twice. I don't think he's long for this league. I hope he's got the sense to bag it before he becomes a vegetable.
Some of those concussions were scary

He needs to check out before it is too late

Some of those concussions were scary

He needs to check out before it is too late
Your contention was that the makeup of the atmosphere has zero effect on the temp up or down. Im calling bullshit on that. Provide your evidence. What you're saying doesn't even make logical sense.

There are kids in MS and HS who do it. They have no concept of the math or even the parts of the math you need to calculate that equation. They can just do it. It's not a matter of "intelligence" it's just an innate ability.

You're saying what he's saying dummy. I think you got sacked 1 too many times trying to calculate the trajectory, angle and velosity needed on a football to hit a receiver.

I dont believe for one second you were teaching QB's to do complex math equations in their heads in order to accurately pass the football to their WR's.
So you're sayting they just throw up the ball without thinking & hope it hits the receiver?
That's a really ignorant thing to say but you do you.
QBs don't break it into math equations because the best ones can do it instantanously/instinctually with extreme accuracy, whether they know they are doing it or not.

Ya'll must not know much about throwing a football in an actual game against a real defense.
Do you think the military doesn't use the same skills for moving targets or do they just throw out ordinance & hope it hits something?
What about hunters?
This shows how someone who has never done it just doesn't comprehend how it is done at a high level.

Your contention was that the makeup of the atmosphere has zero effect on the temp up or down. Im calling bullshit on that. Provide your evidence. What you're saying doesn't even make logical sense.
What does that have to do with Tua’s concussions?

Forum List

Back