WOW, shades of 2016 - Bernie-ism = Trump-ism

This thread is about the motivations of voters and how they can be similar.

Mac, really stupid analogy actually. It is like saying rape (Crazy Bernie types) and making love (President Trump types) are similar because the action might look the same to an unintelligent, uneducated eye.

There are a lot of similarities at play, from the attitudes of the establishment to the devoted following he attracts.
Look at the behaviors and responses on this thread from both ends.

The OP clearly doesn't address the candidates themselves, but rather points out that both bases are animated by anger and frustration. This is more about sociology, not partisan raving. It's not as if that's some kind of crazy stretch or personal attack or whacko, detached-from-reality theory.

And yet we get this loony-fest, as if I'm attacking their momma.

WTF? Would you agree that they just hate being compared to each other in any way, or am I missing something? Such a straightforward point, and such drama!
Just like when you try and compare ________ to Hitler

This thread is about the motivations of voters and how they can be similar.
Really stupid analogy actually. It is like saying rape and making love is similar.
Um, it's not an analogy. It's a direct observation about the motivations of voters.

I wonder what has you guys so angry here.

There are a lot of similarities at play, from the attitudes of the establishment to the devoted following he attracts.

The OP clearly doesn't address the candidates themselves, but rather points out that both bases are animated by anger and frustration. This is more about sociology, not partisan raving. It's not as if that's some kind of crazy stretch or personal attack or whacko, detached-from-reality theory.

WTF? Would you agree that they just hate being compared to each other in any way, or am I missing something? Such a straightforward point, and such drama!
When have I ever done that?

Do you not realize I'm not talking about the men themselves? Does that occur to you, on any level?

Do you not realize I'm not talking about the men themselves? Does that occur to you, on any level?
OMG I knew that would be a follow up lol

OMG I knew that would be a follow up lol
If I can't get you guys to calm down and answer simple questions, all I can do it make guesses based on your behaviors.

If I can't get you guys to calm down and answer simple questions, all I can do it make guesses based on your behaviors

Every potus has blind followers who believe what they're told

the very same 'hope & change ' folks are back with MAGA

They think everything their man does is great

simply something they'll never own up to

~S~

If I can't get you guys to calm down and answer simple questions, all I can do it make guesses based on your behaviors

~S~
Do you think they perceive the OP as a direct attack on their guy?

~S~

Sparkster! What are you doing? You been smoking the funny stuff, again?

The "very same 'hope & change' folks are back with MAGA" - that's wild-eyed insane.

And then, on the facts: I cannot recall a liberal / progressive on here who has not at some time or other voiced criticism of President Obama, for compromising with the GOP / not compromising enough, for bailing out Big Corp, for doing too little to help foreclosed home owners, for his drone war, for surging in Afghanistan, and on and on.

Whereas our Trumpletons think (let's be charitable) The One has arrived - and neither his corruption, nor his incompetence, nor his mendacity, nor his vulgarity deserve criticism.

It may well be every POTUS "has blind followers" - does it, even in your state of inebriation, make any difference if that's a barely detectable fringe group, or a society-scale phenomenon that proves decisive on election day?

the reason Trump rose to power is because we have too much democracy in america

let's not make the same mistake with Crazy Bernie, my friends!

No the reason why Trump rose to power is because we are still using a 18th century anachronism to select presidents. The voters GOT IT RIGHT. Awful Choice, but the voters buckled down, voted for Hillary even though she was shifty as shit, and the Electors, all professional politicians who knew damned well Trump was unfit for office, selected him anyway.

Damn good questions. Let's see if we get cogent responses.

~S~

It’s too bad more Americans weren’t aware of the ridiculous inequality in this country. When will they wake up?

Bernie cites this shit and they scream COMMIE in unison. CRAZY

It's how they're conditioned. Literally.

Agreed. Both sides are brainwashed into believing stupid shit.
:rolleyes:

"Bern has hinted that his 1st Executive Order will be to change the name of America from USA to USSA."

blqq3dZ.jpg
Gotta love Bernie.

Sparkster! What are you doing? You been smoking the funny stuff, again?

well i think it's legal now Olde one....

The "very same 'hope & change' folks are back with MAGA" - that's wild-eyed insane.

the relevance is they're both socially engineered for sound byte bumper sticker mentality

And then, on the facts: I cannot recall a liberal / progressive on here who has not at some time or other voiced criticism of President Obama, for compromising with the GOP / not compromising enough, for bailing out Big Corp, for doing too little to help foreclosed home owners, for his drone war, for surging in Afghanistan, and on and on.

Yes the devil's in the details ,and yes there are folks that can sort out 'the facts' , aftereffects, ramifications, etc.....but let's be honest that this will always occur no matter who is potus....

Whereas our Trumpletons think (let's be charitable) The One has arrived - and neither his corruption, nor his incompetence, nor his mendacity, nor his vulgarity deserve criticism.

Think back to Reagan Olde one , he was even better at this than his current protege , they didn't call him the 'teflon prez' for nothing....

It may well be every POTUS "has blind followers" - does it, even in your state of inebriation, make any difference if that's a barely detectable fringe group, or a society-scale phenomenon that proves decisive on election day?

well that's the big Q , I think i'll take the 5th for now.....

:alcoholic:~S~:alcoholic:

~S~
When the attacks on the president are fake what do you expect you fucking idiot?

Hilarious how you’re such a retard at trying to drag everyone else into your Leftard cesspool.
Please explain. Just try, anyway.
The fact you take everything Leftards say and do and use lame attempts to say ‘yeah Republicans do that too‘ is obviously engrained in you, you can’t even see it. But everyone else can.

Hilarious how you’re such a retard at trying to drag everyone else into your Leftard cesspool.
Please explain. Just try, anyway.
The fact you take everything Leftards say and do and use lame attempts to say ‘yeah Republicans do that too‘ is obviously engrained in you, you can’t even see it. But everyone else can.
Are you saying that you disagree with the premise? If so, why, exactly?

And can you tell me why the OP made you respond with personal insults and name-calling? Do you think I was attacking Trump?

Forum List

Back