WSJ Editor: "Trump Needs To Be Destroyed in November"

Juan de Fuca

Gold Member
May 24, 2016
The best thing about GOP resistance is that it represents certain defeat for Donald Trump and I must honestly admit I fully expect Donald Trump to deliver the best present of all when he cries like a little girl in his concession speech.

Apearing on CNN, an opinion page editor from the Wall Street Journal left no doubt how he feels about presumptive GOP presidential nominee Donald Trump, saying not only will he not vote for him, but that Trump needs to be crushed in the November election as a lesson to Republicans.

Pressed by host Fareed Zakaria if he was going to get behind Trump as the Republican nominee, conservative columnist Bret Stephens got right to the point.

“I most certainly will not vote for Donald Trump,” Stephens began tersely. “I will vote for the least left-wing opponent to Donald Trump and I want to make a vote that makes sure he is the biggest loser in presidential history since, I don’t know, Alf Landon.”

Then Stephens went off: “It’s important that Donald Trump, or what he represents, this kind of quote ‘ethnic conservatism or populism,’ be so decisively rebuked that the Republican Party and the Republican voters will forever learn their lesson that they cannot nominate a man so manifestly unqualified to be president in any way, shape or form.”

“So they have to learn a lesson perhaps the way Democrats learned a lesson from McGovern in ’72,” he added.

Asked if the Wall Street Journal would state the same in an editorial, Stephens pointed out the the Journal has not endorsed anyone since Herbert Hoover, adding: “And we will not repeat that mistake.”

Watch the video below via CNN:

"I will vote for the least left wing opponent to Trump" ? Did Stephens ever vote before? Does he understand that you usually only get two choices in a presidential election? .

"I will vote for the least left wing opponent to Trump" ? Did Stephens ever vote before? Does he understand that you usually only get two choices in a presidential election? .

He's 43 and has a Pulitzer Prize on his desk, I bet he has voted and probably voted Republican until now.

I was happy to see a principled intelligent Conservative be unwilling to trade his personal character and integrity to vote for a completely unqualified demagogue con man who is intellectually and emotionally unfit for office.

I was happy to see a principled intelligent Conservative be unwilling to trade his personal character and integrity to vote for a completely unqualified demagogue con man who is intellectually and emotionally unfit for office.

But yet Hitlery, the con woman is a better alternative? Yeah, roll with that. Hitlery is a globalist and doesn't give a flying fuck about the people in this country. She doesn't even care about the people that have to look after her and treats them like dogshit....but yet leftards believe that Hitlery is going to look after their best interests.....God help us all.

But yet Hitlery, the con woman is a better alternative? Yeah, roll with that. Hitlery is a globalist and doesn't give a flying fuck about the people in this country. She doesn't even care about the people that have to look after her and treats them like dogshit....but yet leftards believe that Hitlery is going to look after their best interests.....God help us all.

Leftards? This is a Republican Editor of the Wall Street Journal who thinks she's better for the country.

He's 43 and has a Pulitzer Prize on his desk, I bet he has voted and probably voted Republican until now.
A pulitzer might get him in the best cocktail parties in D.C.and that might be part of his emotional connection to establishment republicans (and democrats). I submit that a guy who claims he would "vote for the least left opponent" in a presidential election probably never visited a voting booth in his life.

Leftards? This is a Republican Editor of the Wall Street Journal who thinks she's better for the country.

Both parties are the same at the top. I don't know if Trump is legit or has really pissed off the establishment or not...but I guaran-fucking-tee you that I know what Hitlery is all about and what the serfs are getting with her and you should be very worried......

Both parties are the same at the top. I don't know if Trump is legit or has really pissed off the establishment or not...but I guaran-fucking-tee you that I know what Hitlery is all about and what the serfs are getting with her and you should be very worried......

The people who represent the Wall Street Journal disagree with you and are saying she is the preferred candidate. You might try to understand why.

The people who represent the Wall Street Journal disagree with you and are saying she is the preferred candidate. You might try to understand why.

Wall Street is her biggest donors....how and the fuck can you not know that???

Wall Street is her biggest donors....how and the fuck can you not know that???
Because the OP is one of the dumbest posters ever.

Ahhh, and there's the quick run to "But HILLARY!" that tells the whole world that Donald Trump literally has not one other positive selling point about him EXCEPT that he's not Hillary, which every other person in the United States can ALSO say.

But nothing.

This is a red herring fallacy, nitwit – the thread topic is Trump and the fact that there are republicans who won’t vote for him.

Actually, given the way he phrased it, I'd say he's planning on voting for someone outside the Big Two, and just hasn't decided who yet.

A pulitzer might get him in the best cocktail parties in D.C.and that might be part of his emotional connection to establishment republicans (and democrats). I submit that a guy who claims he would "vote for the least left opponent" in a presidential election probably never visited a voting booth in his life.

Not exactly meaningful, coming from someone who apparently has never realized that there are always multiple candidates listed on every Presidential ballot. How, precisely, does one miss that, if one has ever actually voted?

Ergo, he's not a Republican.

Ahhh, and there's the quick run to "But HILLARY!" that tells the whole world that Donald Trump literally has not one other positive selling point about him EXCEPT that he's not Hillary, which every other person in the United States can ALSO say.

And vice versa........."But Trump" bullshit. I know what this woman is and what she is about and nothing good would ever come from her being CEO of USA.INC., She has enough baggage to fill the cargo hold of a 767. She has been very upfront about wanting to disarm Americans....you think that's a good thing? Because if you do, you are a fucking, blithering idiot.

Forum List

Back