WSJ: The World Bakes Under Extreme Heat

for you, it only shows "Temperature Anomaly" -- not temperature (warmth) -- and only up to "1990" -- not "the present." -- This is 2023 -- and I just found out two days ago that I'm gonna be a grandpa come May.

Wake up!
That's all any of them show, dummy. That doesn't mean that you can't tell that the majority of the past 10,000 years was warmer than today. And it doesn't show fluctuations properly because it's a global reconstruction. So you can't see how many warming and cooling trends there actually were over the past 10,000 years. For that you need to look at each northern hemisphere ice core. Which this reconstruction doesn't properly describe.

Everyone already knows what cities do to the albedo, as well as loss of habitat.

You sound confused by this.
Not at all. The point I am making is that they are selectively or should I say conveniently ignoring this climate risk.

Which is exactly what you are trying to do now.

The fact that you idiots ignore urbanization and deforestation just proves you don't really care about the climate but only care in repeating what you have been told to repeat because it is politically motivated.

That's all any of them show, dummy. That doesn't mean that you can't tell that the majority of the past 10,000 years was warmer than today. And it doesn't show fluctuations properly because it's a global reconstruction. So you can't see how many warming and cooling trends there actually were over the past 10,000 years. For that you need to look at each northern hemisphere ice core. Which this reconstruction doesn't properly describe.
Okay, dummy. Try hard not to ignore the obvious.

What's the temperature "today"?
Now what was it "over the past 10,000 years"?

Okay, dummy.

What's the temperature "today"?
Now what was it "over the past 10,000 years"?
It's 2C below the peak temperature of the previous interglacial period. 5C below the ice free northern hemisphere glaciation threshold. And 8C below the southern hemisphere ice free glaciation threshold. Or there about.

Last edited:
The fact that you idiots ignore urbanization and deforestation just proves you don't really care about the climate but only care in repeating what you have been told to repeat because it is politically motivated.
Except no one has ever ignored this.

You're confused.

Sounds like that is backwards. You can't seriously be saying the world would be cooler with more roads and cities.
I don't think cities and roads are the place to start, although big cities could always use more trees.

It's 2C below the peak temperature of the previous interglacial period. 5C below the ice free northern hemisphere glaciation threshold. And 8C below the southern hemisphere ice free glaciation threshold. Or there about.
Funny, my thermometer reads 88°F. Why are you always so oblivious to the obvious? I'll bet it's air conditioned where you're sitting right now. Not me. I love it hot.

Funny, my thermometer reads 88°F. Why are you always so oblivious to the obvious? I'll bet it's air conditioned where you're sitting right now. Not me. I love it hot.
You aren't very straight forward. You might do better without that chip on your shoulder.

don1.gif

Forum List

Back