WTF Is Going On With The Russian Military?

A very good friend of ours who goes to medical school with my wife is from Ukraine. Her parents live in Kiev. In Kiev the government is handing out brand new AK-47s +ammo to anyone who wants one. They are literally handing them out on street corners for free.

They are not going to surrender to the Russians.
The most positive move at this juncture would be for both leaders to agree on a location for talks. Due to conflicting media reports regarding who didn’t want which location where, and/or if one side showed up waiting until 3pm and the other side didn’t show. I’m not specifying which side claims what, because who knows what is true. False propaganda running loose on one side or the other, maybe both. Hopefully they’ll agree to meet in a neutral country and get it done. Not wait until X number of casualties and then decide on a location.

NATO has no dog in this fight. When did Ukraine become a member moron?
That is a false implication to state that NATO has nothing to gain if Ukraine is offered membership. According to NATO’s bylaws, when a country has territory that is being disputed they cannot be considered for membership. I don’t understand why this isn’t being mentioned by anyone in NATO.

Putin overstepped by publicly stating that Finland should not pursue NATO membership that they are already pursuing. Finland’s populace acquired the required number of signatures by its populace and NATO membership is supported. Finland’s public statement was that Sweden determines its policy.

That is a false implication to state that NATO has nothing to gain if Ukraine is offered membership. According to NATO’s bylaws, when a country has territory that is being disputed they cannot be considered for membership. I don’t understand why this isn’t being mentioned by anyone in NATO.

Putin overstepped by publicly stating that Finland should not pursue NATO membership that they are already pursuing. Finland’s populace acquired the required number of signatures by its populace and NATO membership is supported. Finland’s public statement was that Sweden determines its policy.

Never said that. I have no problem with states joining NATO. Fully support Finland and Sweden as members.

NATO has no dog in this fight. When did Ukraine become a member moron?
You are a typically un-clued-up automaton without the fundamental education about NATO you require to be flapping your stupid lips. You are a joke.

ABC News is currently screwing Americans on Youtube. Clearly a lie, at timepoint 0:42 'Russian forces still have not taken any cities....'

I'll give them this. Compared to the Russians, the WOKE Crowd is a bunch of amateurs in tearing down statues.

Never said that. I have no problem with states joining NATO. Fully support Finland and Sweden as members.
I replied to your comment that “NATO has no dog in this fight” with the reason why they do have a dog in this fight.

We agree that Finland and Sweden should absolutely be allowed self-determination, as should Ukraine. I’m referring to the Ukrainian people they should self-determine also.

There is a distinction between what the citizens of Kiev want versus the entire Ukrainian country. For instance, I’ve read that Kiev voted in the current president not really the entirety of Ukraine. Like most countries, Ukraine has internal political battles, one ongoing battle is between its current president and mayor of Kyiv, so it’s hard to gauge without living there and really knowing.

I am still learning more about Ukraine’s current president and his motivations to say much else on the issue.

Do you realize that most war claims from the region with be propaganda?

The fact that the CAPITAL city KIEV is surrounded is really bad news for Ukraine and when they run down militarily before the promised foreign aid comes will go down.

Russian doesn't have to invade the whole country to win just beat down the Military and take the Capital is all they need, and they have the Military to do it.

I replied to your comment that “NATO has no dog in this fight” with the reason why they do have a dog in this fight.

We agree that Finland and Sweden should absolutely be allowed self-determination, as should Ukraine. I’m referring to the Ukrainian people they should self-determine also.

There is a distinction between what the citizens of Kiev want versus the entire Ukrainian country. For instance, I’ve read that Kiev voted in the current president not really the entirety of Ukraine. Like most countries, Ukraine has internal political battles, one ongoing battle is between its current president and mayor of Kyiv, so it’s hard to gauge without living there and really knowing.

I am still learning more about Ukraine’s current president and his motivations to say much else on the issue.
If you are not a member, NATO doesn't have to show up. Simple as that. Ukraine's government is pretty corrupt, even by our standards. That doesn't mean the people aren't worth saving.

Do you realize that most war claims from the region with be propaganda?

The fact that the CAPITAL city KIEV is surrounded is really bad news for Ukraine and when they run down militarily before the promised foreign aid comes will go down.

Russian doesn't have to invade the whole country to win just beat down the Military and take the Capital is all they need, and they have the Military to do it.
Reports of Kiev being surrounded have been retracted.

Forum List

Back