WTF Is Going On With The Russian Military?

The average Russian does not want to kill Ukrainians. I have made the analogy of the Italian invasion of Greece during WWII. Despite being outmanned and outgunned the Greeks held off the superior Italian army. The Italian soldiers later said they did not want to be killing Greeks as they had nothing against them, had no idea why they were there, and considered Greeks like cousins. I can see the same mindset with the Russians. They do not want to be in the Ukraine, do not want to kill Ukrainians, have no idea why they’re there, and probably consider themselves as cousins to the Ukrains. The Russian soldier most likely just wants to go home. Who wants to kill or be killed for no reason.

Last edited:
It will eventually beca

It's already becoming an insurgency. The Russian generals completely screwed the pooch on the invasion, in strategic, operational, and tactical execution. They are now finding out that mobile armor doesn't work well in urban environments. Ukrainians simply hide behind the buildings, and come in from behind tanks, and BMP's, and hit them in the rear with anti armor weapons. It's even worse when they run out of fuel, and have to sit and wait to be slaughtered.

NATO should have better prepared for an invasion by putting more equipment at the borders of Germany, and Poland, and put more equipment in the Baltics, Sweden, and Finland. They should have sent in more air defenses to Ukraine weeks ago. Better late than never, but that was a strategic mistake on our part.

"Never wait for trouble"

Gen. Chuck Yeager

The one factor driving the Ukraine's success to this point is how much Ukrainians love their country. They prefer to fight than to live under Russian domination.

The attitude is similar in most of the countries that lived under Russian rule.

The one factor driving the Ukraine's success to this point is how much Ukrainians love their country. They prefer to fight than to live under Russian domination.

The attitude is similar in most of the countries that lived under Russian rule.

Makes all the difference. The US has the most technically advanced military in the world. It was in Afghanistan for 20 years.

Who is in control of the country right now?

You can't win an insurgency. Russia won't either.

Russians do not want to kill Ukrainians. I have made the analogy of the Italian invasion of Greece during WWII. Despite being outmanned and outgunned the Greeks held off the superior Italian army. The Italian soldiers later said they did not want be killing Greeks as they had nothing against them, had no idea why they were there, and considered Greeks like cousins. I can see the same mindset with the Russians. They do not want to be in the Ukraine, have no idea why they’re there, and they probably consider themselves as cousins. The Russians most likely just want to go home. Who wants to kill or be killed for no reason.
gotta be something like that goin' on with a 10/1 ratio.....~S~

• Thanks
Reactions: JLW

You should re-check your CIA-MI6 propaganda, now controlling Western media. This biased media won't report the physical damage to 56 radar stations and communications installations, 27 command posts, nor the videos available on youtube. There were 38 Ukrainian anti-aircraft systems destroyed. Why not request stingers? Obviously the Chechens would be stigmatized with propaganda early on due to their expertise. Izvestia reports that, unlike the effeminate Western media, the other side of the story:

Sbito 3 udarnykh bespilotnkyh letatel'nykh apparata "Bairaktar TB-2" v prigorodakh Chernigova.
Three attack unmanned aerial vehicles "Bayraktar TB-2" were shot down in suburbs of Chernigova.'
(Izvestia, 2022 Feb 27, The Ministry of Defense Announces the Deaths and Wounded of the Russian Military During the Operation to Protect the Donbass)

East Ukrainians don't feel this way.

Have you been to Kharkiv? Most of the people there speak Russian and many have relatives in Russia. Kharkiv is Eastern Ukraine's biggest city and if you follow the news they are fighting tooth and nail to keep the Russians out:

Have you been to Kharkiv? Most of the people there speak Russian and many have relatives in Russia. Kharkiv is Eastern Ukraine's biggest city and if you follow the news they are fighting tooth and nail to keep the Russians out:

It's early.
We"'ll see.

View attachment 608308

The fighting in many parts of Ukraine has been tremendously hard. Ukrainian soldiers have proven themselves incredibly tough and fearless, as have Ukrainian civilians. By now, the videos of Ukrainians driving up to Russian tankers to chastise them for being in the wrong country, or of Ukrainian soldiers casually strolling through automatic weapon fire to level a anti-tank weapon at ranks of Russian vehicles have become so common that they’re like a meme which gets reinforced by the hour.

This video shows Russian forces shooting at a Ukrainian armored carrier outside of Kyiv. The only problem: the carrier is actually a statue in a park. And despite multiple shots from multiple vehicles at close range, they missed.

They did manage to knock down a telephone pole.

Oh, and did I mention 5000 soldiers in Russia are rioting, because they don't want to go into Ukraine? No?

I was just reading about the recent history of the Ukraine. When the Soviet Union dissolved in 1991 the Ukraine declared it's Independence. They further declared that they were a neutral State forming a limited military partnership with Russia and the other CIS countries while also forming a partnership with NATO in 1994. So putin has no legitimacy in any kind that he makes against them. This war is all on him, I hope it goes completely South and the people of Russia rise up and murder the bastard.

I have no idea if any of that is accurate or not what I do know is propaganda is part of war and both sides engage in it I would take any reports coming from either side with a degree of skepticism.
Agreed, but it appears it is no walk in the park for the Russians, and it's not going to get better anytime soon.

View attachment 608308

The fighting in many parts of Ukraine has been tremendously hard. Ukrainian soldiers have proven themselves incredibly tough and fearless, as have Ukrainian civilians. By now, the videos of Ukrainians driving up to Russian tankers to chastise them for being in the wrong country, or of Ukrainian soldiers casually strolling through automatic weapon fire to level a anti-tank weapon at ranks of Russian vehicles have become so common that they’re like a meme which gets reinforced by the hour.

This video shows Russian forces shooting at a Ukrainian armored carrier outside of Kyiv. The only problem: the carrier is actually a statue in a park. And despite multiple shots from multiple vehicles at close range, they missed.

They did manage to knock down a telephone pole.

Oh, and did I mention 5000 soldiers in Russia are rioting, because they don't want to go into Ukraine? No?

The Russian military , despite its size, is overwhelmingly undertrained draftees who'd rather not be there.
I heard this is their theme song...

I'm selling my surplus 5,000 rounds of ammo to increase the supply on the market so the people of Ukraine can stock up & slaughter those Russian pigs.

Every little bit helps a lot if we all do the same.

I'm selling my surplus 5,000 rounds of ammo to increase the supply on the market so the people of Ukraine can stock up & slaughter those Russian pigs.
If the Russians knew the truth, if Putin didn't control the media. The Russian people would have gotten rid of Putin long ago. They are not the enemy, Putin and his fellow murdering KGB thugs are.

Forum List

Back