WV house overrides Governors veto of pro gun bill

WV House overrides Tomblin's veto on permitless concealed carry bill

Awesome! Good job folks! Another pro 2nd amendment victory!
From the article:

"Tomblin vetoed the bill on Thursday over safety concerns from law enforcement."

Screw the safety concerns of law enforcement! Who the hell do they think they are?

2aguy should be along any minute now to get on his knees in front of you to show you how much he appreciates you posting this tidbit.
Screw anyone's concerns when it comes to MY rights. Oh and their pathetic "concerns" are asinine since people can ALREADY carry concealed in WV this just makes it to where now when its COLD out which it does happen in WV they can wear a coat or sweatshirt over their holster. Cry about it.

My father in law and brothers in law are concealed carry folks and have been since I have known them. Once again gun grabber morons are more worried about LAW ABIDING CITIZENS than they are CRIMINALS. To buy a gun ANYWHERE you must pass a background check..they passed that there is ZERO reason anyone even needs a permit to carry the weapon.

WV budget and public employees health insurance are facing a crisis, but the Republican legislature sure has their priorities in order - pass concealed carry permit.

WV House overrides Tomblin's veto on permitless concealed carry bill

Awesome! Good job folks! Another pro 2nd amendment victory!
From the article:

"Tomblin vetoed the bill on Thursday over safety concerns from law enforcement."

Screw the safety concerns of law enforcement! Who the hell do they think they are?

2aguy should be along any minute now to get on his knees in front of you to show you how much he appreciates you posting this tidbit.

It wasn't over safety concerns, but over how much the sheriffs would lose if residents no longer had to pay for permits.

Safety concerns? Like anyone that would shoot a cop would think twice about carrying without a permit. "Well I was going to shoot that pig, but I'd have to break a law if I carried without my permit."

And no, the lives of an agent of the state don't trump our rights.

Wait what, West Virginia has an Anti-2nd Amendment Communist/Progressive Governor? WTF West Virginians? How'd that happen? Anyway, good seeing a victory for the Constitution. Isn't happening much these days.

But seriously West Virginia, ya gotta get the Communists/Progressives outta there. They've decimated your coal industry for God's sake. I'm seriously surprised a Communist/Progressive is Governor. So come on West Virginians, i know you can do better.

Lots of people do that legally now. What's the problem?

If you commit a crime, you still get charged. All that has changed in the WV legislature saying you don't need permission to exercise your fundamental human right to self defense.

Great news for the average criminal, no permit needed so, you can't be charged with that any longer...

You can still be charged with possessing a gun as a convicted felon.
Great, but most won't be. Just lots of people taking their hidden guns for a walk, all legally.

Actually illegally, if they are a convicted felon. This changes nothing for a felon found with a gun, but prevents a law abiding legal gun owner from being charged with not having a piece of paper.

Wait what, West Virginia has an Anti-2nd Amendment Communist/Progressive Governor? WTF West Virginians? How'd that happen? Anyway, good seeing a victory for the Constitution. Isn't happening much these days.

But seriously West Virginia, ya gotta get the Communists/Progressives outta there. They've decimated your coal industry for God's sake. I'm seriously surprised a Communist/Progressive is Governor. So come on West Virginians, i know you can do better.
It always seems to happen...either moderate democrats or republicans...Tomblin is the 2nd democrat in a row though.

Doesn't help that the GOP candidate for Governor just had his companies equipment seized for failure to pay taxes.

Probably not. But i'm still a bit stunned West Virginia has a Communist/Progressive Governor. I mean, they absolutely decimated West Virginia's coal industry. Why are West Virginians voting for them? It seems so absurd.

Great news for the average criminal, no permit needed so, you can't be charged with that any longer...

You can still be charged with possessing a gun as a convicted felon.
Great, but most won't be. Just lots of people taking their hidden guns for a walk, all legally.

Actually illegally, if they are a convicted felon. This changes nothing for a felon found with a gun, but prevents a law abiding legal gun owner from being charged with not having a piece of paper.
As I said, a gun hidden on you, have a nice day, Sir...

Lots of people do that legally now. What's the problem?

If you commit a crime, you still get charged. All that has changed in the WV legislature saying you don't need permission to exercise your fundamental human right to self defense.
You didn't need permission for that before either...

Forum List

Back