WV house overrides Governors veto of pro gun bill

He replaced Manchin when Manchin went to Capitol Hill.

Oh, makes more sense. Appointed? Because i can't believe West Virginians support a Party that completely decimated their coal industry. Hopefully, the Democrats will get the boot soon.

Lots of people do that legally now. What's the problem?

If you commit a crime, you still get charged. All that has changed in the WV legislature saying you don't need permission to exercise your fundamental human right to self defense.
You didn't need permission for that before either...
Really? Because you needed to have your sheriff sign off on a permit (and cash your check) before this bill. Seems to me having to go down to the courthouse and ask "please sir, may I?" is asking for permission.

Great news for the average criminal, no permit needed so, you can't be charged with that any longer...

You can still be charged with possessing a gun as a convicted felon.
Great, but most won't be. Just lots of people taking their hidden guns for a walk, all legally.

Actually illegally, if they are a convicted felon. This changes nothing for a felon found with a gun, but prevents a law abiding legal gun owner from being charged with not having a piece of paper.
As I said, a gun hidden on you, have a nice day, Sir...

Might make criminals think twice. And that could be the thing it takes to save more lives. Ya never know. Granny could be packin. ;)

Oh, makes more sense. Appointed? Because i can't believe West Virginians support a Party that completely decimated their coal industry. Hopefully, the Democrats will get the boot soon.

It was all a very sordid affair. Byrd died, Manchin nominated himself to fill Byrd's spot, leaving Tomlin as governor to okay Manchin's appointment.

Great news for the average criminal, no permit needed so, you can't be charged with that any longer...

Great, but most won't be. Just lots of people taking their hidden guns for a walk, all legally.

Actually illegally, if they are a convicted felon. This changes nothing for a felon found with a gun, but prevents a law abiding legal gun owner from being charged with not having a piece of paper.

Might make criminals think twice. And that could be the thing it takes to save life. Ya never know. Granny could be packin. ;)
Granny was always allowed to. Now she needs no permit, and no training. True for her and the criminals. What could possibly go wrong...

It was all a very sordid affair. Byrd died, Manchin nominated himself to fill Byrd's spot, leaving Tomlin as governor to okay Manchin's appointment.

Oh man, bleepin Democrats. It fgures. West Virginians need to dump the Democrats as soon as possible.

Might make criminals think twice. And that could be the thing it takes to save life. Ya never know. Granny could be packin. ;)
Granny was always allowed to. Now she needs no permit, and no training. True for her and the criminals. What could possibly go wrong...

Now she'll be allowed to conceal. Don't mess with Granny. That would be my advice.

Now she'll be allowed to conceal. Don't mess with Granny. That would be my advice.
She always was allowed to. And so are the criminals, now...

Conceal without a permit. Criminals don't seek permits. They aren't legally allowed to possess a firearm at all. But of course they do. But now they may need to think twice before attempting to beat and rob Granny.

Which is what was happening before, except law abiding people had to get a piece of paper and pay $$. Now they don't have to anymore.

No, they are not allowed to.

Yep. He was appointed and then reelected in 2012. Fortunately he can't run again even though his 1 term was only a year long. There is one GOP candidate and 3 democrat candidates polls show GOP candidate beating 2 out of the 3.

Right, criminals are criminals. They are not legally allowed to possess firearms at all. But of course we know criminals don't submit to background checks and obtain permits. The playing field has been balanced. If it makes even one criminal think twice about beating and robbing Granny, it's a success.

A Smith and Wesson spokesman said afterwards "thank god, now I can feed my family...CAVIAR and LOBSTER. Thank you double chins".

No, guns level the playing field. Guarantee me that no criminal will try to kill me, harm me, rape me, rob me, or otherwise be naughty to me and I'll give up my guns.

You can make that guarantee, right?

As far as training, just how much training do you think goes into an NRA basic class anyways? You learn the four rules of safe shooting and then send 50 rounds downrange at a stationary target 25 feet away. A month-long residence at Gunsite Academy it ain't.

No, guns level the playing field. Guarantee me that no criminal will try to kill me, harm me, rape me, rob me, or otherwise be naughty to me and I'll give up my guns.

As far as training, just how much training do you think goes into an NRA basic class anyways? You learn the four rules of safe shooting and then send 50 rounds downrange at a stationary target 25 feet away. A month-long residence at Gunsite Academy it ain't.

65 million school-age children ride the bus to school and live their lives one day at a time without a gun and none of them walk around terrified of life.

This doesn't light a bulb in your head?

Lots of criminals still have guns, legally. And now they can carry them hidden, that's legal.

Guess you never heard that life has a certain about of risk? The risk of gun play is you'll mostly likely shoot yourself, or family members or, they will shoot themselves or you. It's math...

Yet schools have metal detectors to screen students for guns.

Besides, we're not discussing children, but adults.

Forum List

Back