WV house overrides Governors veto of pro gun bill

WV House overrides Tomblin's veto on permitless concealed carry bill

Awesome! Good job folks! Another pro 2nd amendment victory!
From the article:

"Tomblin vetoed the bill on Thursday over safety concerns from law enforcement."

Screw the safety concerns of law enforcement! Who the hell do they think they are?

2aguy should be along any minute now to get on his knees in front of you to show you how much he appreciates you posting this tidbit.
Screw anyone's concerns when it comes to MY rights. Oh and their pathetic "concerns" are asinine since people can ALREADY carry concealed in WV this just makes it to where now when its COLD out which it does happen in WV they can wear a coat or sweatshirt over their holster. Cry about it.

It is not your right to be able to carry a gun without a permit. That's well established in case law.

If you legally own a firearm, i see no reason why you can't carry it on your person. In fact, these days it would be very wise to do so.

She always was allowed to. And so are the criminals, now...

No, they are not allowed to.
Lots of criminals still have guns, legally. And now they can carry them hidden, that's legal.

Define a criminal. and if they use the gun to commit a crime, they still get punished for that even if they don't get punished for carrying concealed without a permit (under the old rules).
Criminal, you know, someone who has broken a criminal law.

A criminal would be one seriously dumb criminal if they open-carried their firearm. Obviously they'll conceal their illegally-obtained firearms. So the question of open-carry or concealed isn't even an issue.
Nor was I discussing it, you were. Four thugs with hidden guns stopped by the cops but having broken no laws? Have a nice day, Gentlemen...

The repubs keep proving they are owned by the nra. We have real problems and they just keep selling guns. Meanwhile cops and kids are getting shot regularly. Never mind the mass shootings. No wonder the party is imploding.

From the article:

"Tomblin vetoed the bill on Thursday over safety concerns from law enforcement."

Screw the safety concerns of law enforcement! Who the hell do they think they are?

2aguy should be along any minute now to get on his knees in front of you to show you how much he appreciates you posting this tidbit.
Screw anyone's concerns when it comes to MY rights. Oh and their pathetic "concerns" are asinine since people can ALREADY carry concealed in WV this just makes it to where now when its COLD out which it does happen in WV they can wear a coat or sweatshirt over their holster. Cry about it.

It is not your right to be able to carry a gun without a permit. That's well established in case law.

If you legally own a firearm, i see no reason why you can't carry it on your person. In fact, these days it would be very wise to do so.

These days? Crime is at historic lows.

From the article:

Thanks to people arming themselves and criminals thinking twice before committing a crime.

From the article:

Thanks to people arming themselves and criminals thinking twice before committing a crime.

Not at all. Thanks to policing, security systems, cameras all over... Crime was downward trending when gun ownership was downward trending. If more guns lowered crime we would have the lowest crime rates in the world. We do not. We have real issues they need fixing and the repubs sell guns and attack planned parenthood.

The repubs keep proving they are owned by the nra. We have real problems and they just keep selling guns. Meanwhile cops and kids are getting shot regularly. Never mind the mass shootings. No wonder the party is imploding.

Even the most moderate attempts to control guns are shot down. Conceal carry is one good example. There's a checkerboard of laws on that, differing by state. Some require a training course on safety and expertise, and a permit. What the hell is wrong with that?

Not at all. Thanks to policing, security systems, cameras all over... Crime was downward trending when gun ownership was downward trending. If more guns lowered crime we would have the lowest crime rates in the world. We do not. We have real issues they need fixing and the repubs sell guns and attack planned parenthood.
You are an anti gun extremist your opinion matters none.

Even the most moderate attempts to control guns are shot down. Conceal carry is one good example. There's a checkerboard of laws on that, differing by state. Some require a training course on safety and expertise, and a permit. What the hell is wrong with that?
Its not required under the 2nd amendment. Anymore simple questions I can answer for ya?

Wonderful, then don't obtain a firearm or carry one on your person. That's your call. I'm good with that. But others are choosing to go another route. And that's their Constitutional right.

All this pro gun crap helps nobody. There are real issues that need fixing and all repubs do is sell guns, hate gays, and attack planned parenthood. I think they realize their answers don't work so they distract people from actual problems.

Wonderful, then don't obtain a firearm or carry one on your person. That's your call. I'm good with that. But others are choosing to go another route. And that's their Constitutional right.

Yes guns are legal, that's fine. They also don't fix any of our problems. Why are repubs spending so much time on them!

All this pro gun crap helps nobody. There are real issues that need fixing and all repubs do is sell guns, hate gays, and attack planned parenthood. I think they realize their answers don't work so they distract people from actual problems.

Supporting and maintaining our Constitutional Rights is very important. I don't consider it 'crap.' I consider it a very real issue.

Yes guns are legal, that's fine. They also don't fix any of our problems. Why are repubs spending so much time on them!

It's much more than that. It's about defending and preserving our Constitutional rights. Our Constitution is now under constant assault. If they destroy the 2nd Amendment, what else will they go after? It won't end with the eliminating the 2nd Amendment.

It's much more than that. It's about defending and preserving our Constitutional rights. Our Constitution is now under constant assault. If they destroy the 2nd Amendment, what else will they go after? It won't end with the eliminating the 2nd Amendment.

I have not seen any serious attempt to end the 2nd amendment. It is a made up issue to sell more guns.

You are an anti gun extremist your opinion matters none.

Really? How so? I own quite a few.

I have not seen any serious attempt to end the 2nd amendment. It is a made up issue to sell more guns.

Millions & millions of legal Gun Owners feel differently. They feel like they're under attack.

Forum List

Back