WWII Deserters ruled Paris

Sundance508

Gold Member
May 24, 2016
I was talking with some vets on a Abn board the other day and rememberd a story a veteran of D-day told me about how U.S. Army deserters....most of them veterans of the D-Day invasion and all the fighting up to the liberation of Paris suddenly deserted when they got to paris ....the temptations there of the good life were too much for them and also they were just tired...tired of killing and seeing their buddies killed...so they deserted....they carried sawed off shotguns and ruled the Paris underworld...they took what they wanted when they wanted it...gangland style.

Not having ever heard this story anywhere else and had not even thought of it since all those years ago when the Sgt. told me about it...i decided to research it.

Here is what I found............The wartime TRUTH the Army tried to hide: How gangs of U.S. deserters terrorized WWII Paris with a reign of mob-style violence | Daily Mail Online

Last edited:
I was talking with some vets on a Abn board the other day and rememberd a story a veteran of D-day told me about how U.S. Army deserters....most of them veterans of the D-Day invasion and all the fighting up to the liberation of Paris suddenly deserted when they got to paris ....the temptations there of the good life were too much for them and also they were just tired...tired of killing and seeing their buddies killed...so they deserted....they carried sawed off shotguns and ruled the Paris underworld...they took what they wanted when they wanted it...gangland style.

Not having ever heard this story anywhere else and had not even thought of it since all those years ago when the Sgt. told me about it...i decided to research it.

Here is what I found............The wartime TRUTH the Army tried to hide: How gangs of U.S. deserters terrorized WWII Paris with a reign of mob-style violence | Daily Mail Online

Years ago, probably during the sixties, I read a novel about the underground life of allied deserters in Paris. I don't remember the name of the book though. This sort of thing went on during WWI, Korea, Vietnam and even since Desert Storm in 1991. I'll try to remember the name of the novel.

I bet they came to their senses in 44' after the Battle of the bulge,I bet they woke up out of that drowse of theirs damned quick.

A related story......many have heard about Private Eddie Slovik and how he was the only American soldier executed for desertion....think again......The Fifth Field: The Story of the 96 American Soldiers Sentenced to Death and Executed in Europe and North Africa in World War II

75 of the 96 executed were Negroes. Why was that....several possibiities....one being that for the most part they did not serve in combat units...the great majority of them were cooks, truck drivers and other rear echelon positions....thus they had more opportunities to engage in crimes against the civilian population. Another one is that Negroes have a long history of raping white women and even today in America they comitt a little over 50% of all rapes even though they are only l2% of the total pop. And the Negro soldiers in Japan are notorious for raping japanese girls. Not even to mention that in todays Army a lot of homersexual rape is going on....usually black soldiers raping weak white guys.

“Son, Men Don’t Get Raped”

Lehigh County soldier was hanged for murder in World War II

Last edited:
A related story......many have heard about Private Eddie Slovik and how he was the only American soldier executed for desertion....think again......The Fifth Field: The Story of the 96 American Soldiers Sentenced to Death and Executed in Europe and North Africa in World War II

I understand there is a few bad apples in the barrel. Life has it's inequities. Comparatively, how many innocent people did Nazism destroy?

I understand there is a few bad apples in the barrel. Life has it's inequities. Comparatively, how many innocent people did Nazism destroy?

I am trying to keep this thread focused on problems within our military...and show they are not all heroes as so many want to believe.
Diversity in the Army - American Renaissance

I am trying to keep this thread focused on problems within our military...and show they are not all heroes as so many want to believe.
My dad was wounded at the battle of Attu in the north Pacific. My brother served in the Navy bombing the hell out of the NVA. My Uncle was a marine in Korea at the Chosin reservoir , I think I understand.

75 of the 96 executed were Negroes. Why was that....several possibiities....one being that for the most part they did not serve in combat units...the great majority of them were cooks, truck drivers and other rear echelon positions....thus they had more opportunities to engage in crimes against the civilian population. Another one is that Negroes have a long history of raping white women and even today in America they comitt a little over 50% of all rapes even though they are only l2% of the total pop. And the Negro soldiers in Japan are notorious for raping japanese girls. Not even to mention that in todays Army a lot of homersexual rape is going on....usually black soldiers raping weak white guys.

“Son, Men Don’t Get Raped”

Holy SHIT.

OK I'm taking back my thanks. But thanks for self-identifying here.
Enjoy your next cross burning.

I am trying to keep this thread focused on problems within our military...

Pretty sure anyone involved in this incident is no longer in the military ...

article-0-056D61FC000005DC-182_468x286.jpg

At the peak of World War 2, the US had 16 million men in uniform ... the vast majority of which were plucked from civilian life with only a short indoctrination to the military. Many, no doubt, were criminals before coming to the military and saw no reason to stop while in uniform.

I am trying to keep this thread focused on problems within our military...

Pretty sure anyone involved in this incident is no longer in the military ...

article-0-056D61FC000005DC-182_468x286.jpg

At the peak of World War 2, the US had 16 million men in uniform ... the vast majority of which were plucked from civilian life with only a short indoctrination to the military. Many, no doubt, were criminals before coming to the military and saw no reason to stop while in uniform.
During the

Forum List

Back