yall need to get ready....for the deep freeze

OH! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

My poor little canine girl wants badly to be outside running the fence but will not wear boots! Comes in hopping back and forth on all fours.

My boy loves the snow. He acts a fool every time it snows. lol.

Think we're probably gonna get around six inches over the span of a couple of days here. Not much, but enough for him to run around in for a while.

I get up before the sun come up on most days lately, so that'll be nice. I like watching the birds out there on the feeders. And then the other wildlife, too. It's bliss. Nice and quiet. Peaceful. And just plain pretty.

Last edited:
My boy loves the snow. He acts a fool every time it snows. lol.

Think we're probably gonna get around six inches over the span of a coupel of days here. Not much, but enough for him to run around in for a while.

I get up before the sun come up on most days lately, so that'll be nice. I like watchign the birds out there on the feeders. And then the other wildlife, too. It's bliss. Nice and quiet. Peaceful. And just plain pretty.

I was born and raised here in SD and spent my entire adult life on the West Coast, and had forgotten how different winter is here. I'd forgotten how wonderful the snow sculptures are when the wind sculpts drifts as though painting them with a paintbrush. Amazing!

I've seen a few bunnies in the back yard and seen some deer and coon track in the snow. I need to remember to get some carrots and apples for the deer and rabbits if I can get out today. What do raccoons eat?

I feel for my former neighbor (BP) up on our Northern Border up around Harve, MT..... -9 now and below 0 or single digits the rest of the week.....Thursday night -40.

Havre, MT weather forecast | MSN Weather

Seasonable here in the Shenandoah Valley at 29 degrees and daytime highs in the low 40s....Supposed to be a bit colder next week.....Meh.

Been to Havre briefly. Nice town, but yeah, that's cold!

Cool! Thanks! Looks like I'll make it to town today so I'll grab a bunch from WallyWorld. The raccoons aren't picky, are they? I don't think I want to buy organic hot dogs for wildlife.

They're called trash pandas for a reason. The fuckers will eat just about anything. Just buy the biggest, cheapest bag of dog food you can find. They won't turn their noses up at it.

Cool! Thanks! Looks like I'll make it to town today so I'll grab a bunch from WallyWorld. The raccoons aren't picky, are they? I don't think I want to buy organic hot dogs for wildlife.

They'll probably eat just about anything, really. Dog food, cat food, etc.

The old timer just likes to spoil em with hot dogs, I think, going by his YT videos.

its coming....20 degrees for a few days ...way into the far south and texas...get ready...bring your pets in and shore up your place...get that shrinkable plastic and cover your windows...get the family in one room....blankets and warm clothes are the key...be careful of running the water to keep it from freezing...if it freezes under the sink...it will flood your kitchen...check your pipes...dont shovel snow...let it be..it will melt..dont drive if you dont have too and if you drive make sure you got stuff in car in case you get stalled..i put a blanket with nabs and water in car...also those chemical hand warmers...be aware of carbon poisoning in house and in car...dont do stupid stuff like trying the stove on high and leaving it for heat...at night..socks and hats..wear them...dont drink in excess....dont linger in wet clothes ...if you have wool now is the time to break it out

snuggle and cuddle...
But, but, but......I thought Globull Warming was making the Earth much hotter to the point that there wouldnt be "RECORD" cold anymore? Have i been lied to?

The old timer just likes to spoil em with hot dogs, I think, going by his YT videos.
I've seen this guy's video before. I can't imagine how much money he spends on all of that food. I kinda question the legality as well. I know he's in Canada, and a retired LEO, but in most parts of the US this kind of thing is typically illegal...

I have a buttload of Costco brand canned dog food that my dog turns up her nose at! Thanks! I wonder how to keep wet food from freezing to the pan.

They'll probably love it!

I've seen this guy's video before. I can't imagine how much money he spends on all of that food. I kinda question the legality as well. I know he's in Canada, and a retired LEO, but in most parts of the US this kind of thing is typically illegal...

Yeah, it's generally illegal. I could see it being a probem if you're feeding them regularly, as that might possibly disrupt their behavior and their nature survival instincts.

Where does the law draw the law between my bird feeder and feeding raccoons, though, if that is the logic behind the law?

They're called trash pandas for a reason. The fuckers will eat just about anything. Just buy the biggest, cheapest bag of dog food you can find. They won't turn their noses up at it.

Great idea! And kibble will be less likely than wet food to freeze to the pan or the ground. Thanks!

Great idea! And kibble will be less likely than wet food to freeze to the pan or the ground. Thanks!

Hopefully you don't have one of these next door...

neighbor-nosey.gif

Yeah, it's generally illegal. I could see it being a probem if you're feeding them regularly, as that might possibly disrupt their behavior and their nature survival instincts.

Where does the law draw the law beteween my bird feeder and feeding raccoons, though, if that is the logic behind the law?

Nobody ever talks about the Gestapo coming for me because I have too many bird feeders.

I can certainly see the value of feeding the four-leggers when they can't get at anything under a thick blanket of snow but I stop at feeding coons when there's plenty of access to their natural food.

It's been such an adjustment between Western Washington and SD, and my first winter back here, last winter, was mild. Not much snow cover and temps dipping down to zero only intermittently. The farmers hate it because temps that roller coaster do not do a good job of killing off the insect pests. A good long, hard freeze pleases the farmers.

Forum List

Back