Yeah, about Background Checks...Virginia mistakenly adds 46,000 people to background check no buy list..now they will have to get lawyers...

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Yeah......this is why we oppose universal background checks....they can't do the background checks we currently have accurately, and use them to simply ban normal people from owning guns...

"Mistake" my ass. Guess who was the Virginia Governor in 2018.

This is why gun rights supporters who foolishly sign on to "common sense," gun control fail to understand that the anti-gun extremists will use any gun control as a tool to ban and confiscate guns....and then expect gun owners to try to get their guns back...

"Technical error," it says that right in your article.

I assume they plan on fixing it?

Presumably, in their own good time.

But in the mean time, thousands of people are being left defenseless.

The FBI should be held personally responsible and officials sent to prison if anyone on the list dies or is injured in anyone because of this.

That's how you stop these "technical" errors, make guys like Garland pay the price if the people suffer because of it.

Presumably, in their own good time.

But in the mean time, thousands of people are being left defenseless.

The FBI should be held personally responsible and officials sent to prison if anyone on the list dies or is injured in anyone because of this.

That's how you stop these "technical" errors, make guys like Garland pay the price if the people suffer because of it.

This is the system Trump wanted in place. Takes the guns and then make people go to court if they wanted them back.

They need done away with also.
They should have never been organized in the first place. Thanks a bunch George W. Bush. Would have been cheaper to forcefully end the petty federal agency turf wars that prevented cooperation among the agencies, than create DHS to add to the mix. Does DHS give anyone here a warm fuzzy feeling? Not me, and I get along with them fine.

"Technical error," it says that right in your article.

I assume they plan on fixing it?

A wanton mischaracterization of a person's status, repeated over and over again for tens of thousands of people, is not a "technical error".

Data entry people in Virginia declined to add a designation to the federal NICS data submission that made the prohibition only enforceable within Virginia. The failure to have the correct designation made people a "prohibited person" nationally, for a status that only Virginia recognizes.

As for correcting it, I guess Virginia can ask the NICS to go in the the federal database and correct the wrong entries for these tens of thousands of citizens, but I wouldn't expect such action to be a priority for the feds -- or ever acted upon without a court order.

This is a perfect example why states and local governments should not be permitted to exercise powers beyond what is enacted federally. The right to arms, as recognized and enforced by the 2nd Amendment, is now an incorporated right, there are no special circumstances that allow special zones of diminished rights to be enforced in states or cities.

This is the system Trump wanted in place. Takes the guns and then make people go to court if they wanted them back.

Not even close but thanks, I enjoyed the mindless, TRUMP.TRUMP.TRUMP.

And he was wrong.....and?

No one supported that when Trump said it......and?

The left doesn't even care about due process in the first place...or the Constitution, or the Bill of Rights....

What does that have to do with anything I've said?

Wrong or not this policy is one Trump supported.

What does that have to do with anything I've said?

Wrong or not this policy is one Trump supported.

And? It was not supported by gun owners......

What is your point?

Will you ever comprehend that Trump is not "our" God?

His utterances are not gospel, they were not accepted at face value and he was rebuked and corrected on this as soon as he walked out of the room.

Once gun rights people explained to him the dangerous reality of ignoring due process, he reversed his statement . . . Correct?

Why do you feel throwing out a stupid statement he threw out and then took back, has any significance or "gotcha" value?

Last edited:

Forum List

Back