Yeah! Another honest liberal GETS IT about Milo

FINALLY, we're getting some clear thinking on this.

I’m A Liberal, And I Want Milo Yiannopoulos On My Campus | The Huffington Post

The violent rioters at UC Berkeley are representative of a phenomenon I and other actual liberals call the “regressive left.” The regressive left doesn’t truly stand for liberty. Instead, they stand for the idea that anyone that says anything which offends them or doesn’t fit their narrative can and should be silenced.

This regressive mindset is not only wrong, it is incredibly dangerous. A healthy public debate of ideas never silences anyone who wishes to engage in an open and honest dialogue about important issues. Unlike many of his critics and the bulk of these rioters, I have actually listened to Milo speak.

When Milo is faced with a tantrum from a protester who disrupts his events, he mercilessly mocks them to no end. However, and this is crucial to my view of Yiannopoulos, when faced with a respectful challenge to his ideas, he’s extremely polite and gives very well thought out answers to genuine questions from liberals.

This is what public discourse between people who disagree is supposed to look like. It’s not supposed to look like the absolute temper tantrum that many regressive leftists throw at his events.

And when they’re not throwing tantrums, these regressives resort to the next most destructive thing, name-calling. You’ve all heard it over the course of the past year. Conservatives are racist, sexist, islamophobic etc. Despite my progressive views and liberal credentials as a youth leader in the Democratic Party, I’ve been called all of these things when I speak freely about political issues. The one thing I have not been called is the utterly hyperbolic “neo-Nazi."

Learn to make actual arguments or get out of the debate hall. Right now, with this country in the state that it’s in, we adults don’t have time for your tantrums.

And on and on.

I love it.

Progressives can't make "actual arguments", that's why they throw tantrums and riot in order to deny anyone else their first amendment right to peaceably assemble.
They're used to putting people on the defensive and having them cower.

That no longer works.

Last edited:
Do you have evidence of the right standing against free speech, much less burning a campus over it?

And who in the hell is Raquir?

Yes, if this guy was a Muslim spreading his hate you'd do a 180 so fast lol.

Bullshit. I want more videos of ranting fundamentalist extremist Muslims out there, not less. The more those idiots speak, the more people will realize what a threat they are.
Yep.

The Regressive Left doesn't understand the value of freedom of expression in a contrarian context.

It doesn't register. They don't see it.

All they know is, if they don't like it, shut it down, no matter what.
You mean like the Republican Senate at the Sessions hearings?
Sure! The behaviors of both parties are so similar, aren't they? You'd think they'd be embarrassed.

Personally, I'm more concerned about what we have done to our young minds. And, of course, that's the point of the thread. Politicians are politicians.
Yes, I do think they'd be embarrassed. But this thread was started to slander Democrats, and I guess I'm just too dumb to not respond with the obvious mote/beam parable. They got their rise out of me.

Some on the Left think they are 100% right. Anyone who disputes their views is worthy of derision and contempt. Many on the left have no respect for those who oppose their ideology. They can't believe ANYONE in their right mind, would oppose their ideology. The MSM, D Party, Hollywood, and academia regularly confirm their beliefs.

Here's how your statement should of read to qualify as reality:
"Some on the Left & Right think they are 100% right. Anyone who disputes their views is worthy of derision and contempt. Many on the left & right have no respect for those who oppose their ideology. They can't believe ANYONE in their right mind, would oppose their ideology." :2up:

Bullshit. I want more videos of ranting fundamentalist extremist Muslims out there, not less. The more those idiots speak, the more people will realize what a threat they are.
Yep.

The Regressive Left doesn't understand the value of freedom of expression in a contrarian context.

Sure! The behaviors of both parties are so similar, aren't they? You'd think they'd be embarrassed.

Personally, I'm more concerned about what we have done to our young minds. And, of course, that's the point of the thread. Politicians are politicians.
Yes, I do think they'd be embarrassed. But this thread was started to slander Democrats, and I guess I'm just too dumb to not respond with the obvious mote/beam parable. They got their rise out of me.

Do tell us what in the OP qualifies as slander.

Fact is you are just a snowflake who validates the OP by attempting to shutdown what you do not like to hear.

The violent rioters at UC Berkeley are representative of a phenomenon I and other actual liberals call the “regressive left.” The regressive left doesn’t truly stand for liberty. Instead, they stand for the idea that anyone that says anything which offends them or doesn’t fit their narrative can and should be silenced.

This regressive mindset is not only wrong, it is incredibly dangerous. A healthy public debate of ideas never silences anyone who wishes to engage in an open and honest dialogue about important issues. Unlike many of his critics and the bulk of these rioters, I have actually listened to Milo speak.

When Milo is faced with a tantrum from a protester who disrupts his events, he mercilessly mocks them to no end. However, and this is crucial to my view of Yiannopoulos, when faced with a respectful challenge to his ideas, he’s extremely polite and gives very well thought out answers to genuine questions from liberals.

This is what public discourse between people who disagree is supposed to look like. It’s not supposed to look like the absolute temper tantrum that many regressive leftists throw at his events.

And when they’re not throwing tantrums, these regressives resort to the next most destructive thing, name-calling. You’ve all heard it over the course of the past year. Conservatives are racist, sexist, islamophobic etc. Despite my progressive views and liberal credentials as a youth leader in the Democratic Party, I’ve been called all of these things when I speak freely about political issues. The one thing I have not been called is the utterly hyperbolic “neo-Nazi."

Learn to make actual arguments or get out of the debate hall. Right now, with this country in the state that it’s in, we adults don’t have time for your tantrums.

And on and on.

I love it.

Progressives can't make "actual arguments", that's why they throw tantrums and riot in order to deny anyone else their first amendment right to peaceably assemble.

That no longer works.

People have gotten sick of the bullying inherent in modern progressive's tactics.

And on and on.

I love it.

That no longer works.

People have gotten sick of the bullying inherent in modern progressive's tactics.

"Twitter rants" :badgrin:

And on and on.

I love it.

That no longer works.

"Twitter rants" :badgrin:

Has he actually taken any action against the people he rants about?

It's speech against speech there, not force against speech like what happened at Berkley and other places.

Seeing beyond yourself to the greater good, often means being exposed to other ideas. Since most people can be selfish, going with the popular or easy solution is many times the wrong answer.

Yep.

Fact is you are just a snowflake who validates the OP by attempting to shutdown what you do not like to hear.
I'm waiting for one of your famous 1938 quotes, weather. How about the one about telling lies often enough to turn them into facts? How about those brownshirts discrediting whatever is not a suck-up, such as judicial decisions and news reports and crowd sizes?

Yep.

I'm waiting for one of your famous 1938 quotes, weather. How about the one about telling lies often enough to turn them into facts? How about those brownshirts discrediting whatever is not a suck-up, such as judicial decisions and news reports and crowd sizes?
What a dufus. Can't defend his post and goes off on a crazy rant about Hitler.
Just another pathetic leftist drowning in a sea of self made pity.

And on and on.

I love it.

Sounds like a good article. Too bad it's at HP; I boycott that vermin hole.

I want him to speak wherever he's invited.

Mac....you are not unique. You just like to whine about this topic. How about taking a break from your bullshit.

And on and on.

I love it.
He speaks the truth, and if more Liberals were Honest and Fair minded, you'd be able to have a dialogue with them. But sadly, this guy is an exception, not the rule.
NOTE how he stated, he was chastized and called just about every name in the book by his own party and his own people for daring to suggest that liberals should engage in civil discourse with Libertarians and Conservatives.

This nails it on the head about all that is wrong with THE LEFT....

racist, sexist, islamophobic etc......

Despite my progressive views and liberal credentials as a youth leader in the Democratic Party, I’ve been called all of these things when I speak freely about political issues. The one thing I have not been called is the utterly hyperbolic “neo-Nazi."

And on and on.

I love it.
He speaks the truth, and if more Liberals were Honest and Fair minded, you'd be able to have a dialogue with them. But sadly, this guy is an exception, not the rule.
NOTE how he stated, he was chastized and called just about every name in the book by his own party and his own people for daring to suggest that liberals should engage in civil discourse with Libertarians and Conservatives.

This nails it on the head about all that is wrong with THE LEFT....

racist, sexist, islamophobic etc......

Despite my progressive views and liberal credentials as a youth leader in the Democratic Party, I’ve been called all of these things when I speak freely about political issues. The one thing I have not been called is the utterly hyperbolic “neo-Nazi."
Yep.

Just remember, there's a difference between traditional liberals and the Regressive Leftists who have taken over the party.

And on and on.

I love it.
The tantrum throwing, name calling, screaming groups aren't actually democrats; they're proto-communists. They shout that there shouldn't be privately owned property, don't want multiple political parties and to cater to the loud mouthed Black Lives Matter racists by saying that all whites should give their money and property over to the minorities. That last I find interesting as among the crowds are whites shouting along with them. Those whites should first go to their own parents, other relatives and loved ones homes and take those away from them and see how that goes.

What a dufus. Can't defend his post and goes off on a crazy rant about Hitler.
Just another pathetic leftist drowning in a sea of self made pity.
snerk!

And on and on.

I love it.
The tantrum throwing, name calling, screaming groups aren't actually democrats; they're proto-communists. They shout that there shouldn't be privately owned property, don't want multiple political parties and to cater to the loud mouthed Black Lives Matter racists by saying that all whites should give their money and property over to the minorities. That last I find interesting as among the crowds are whites shouting along with them. Those whites should first go to their own parents, other relatives and loved ones homes and take those away from them and see how that goes.
Proto-communists, Democrats, Socialists, Leftists. All peas in a pod.

If Milo was Raquir the right would suddenly be against free speech.

Do you have evidence of the right standing against free speech, much less burning a campus over it?

And who in the hell is Raquir?

Care to share that evidence?

Care to answer the question?

Evidence of what? If you support Muslims spreading hate then thats on you pal.

Ah, a troll.

Nevermind.

Forum List

Back