Yellen Denies High Grocery Prices

Independent thinker

Diamond Member
Oct 15, 2015

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen dismisses notion of ‘sticker shock’ in US grocery stores​

Probably because the prices are transitory. These people are just totally blind to what average everyday American faces when it comes to prices. Of course she doesn't have any trouble paying her grocery bill.

Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen dismisses notion of ‘sticker shock’ in US grocery stores​

Probably because the prices are transitory. These people are just totally blind to what average everyday American faces when it comes to prices. Of course she doesn't have any trouble paying her grocery bill.

Really?

This person is completely out of touch with reality.

And she's running the economy?

What's she going to do about unemployment, if she's even out of touch with grocery prices?

Janet Yellen shouldn't be allowed anywhere near monetary policy. Every time she does, the economy goes in the dumpster.

The last three employment reports should be an indicator. All sunshine and roses until the REVISED report is released.
The funniest part is the left have been bragging about cherry picked economic numbers while at the very same time raising interest rates to destroy the very same cherry picked numbers they were bragging about.

It isn't just grocery prices, many in the food service and other industries are gouging consumers. Welch's Half Gallon Passion Fruit Juice used to cost $2.00 before Covid. It now sells for $3.00 in the same store, a 50% increase in cost. When you add 20% for food, increased labor costs, increased shipping costs, increased rent and energy costs, etc., the net cost for the consumer is far higher than just the price of food on the shelf.

But if the government can't even see that much less admit that, this makes them idiots at best, political partisans at worst.

It isn't just grocery prices, many in the food service and other industries are gouging consumers. Welch's Half Gallon Passion Fruit Juice used to cost $2.00 before Covid. It now sells for $3.00 in the same store, a 50% increase in cost. When you add 20% for food, increased labor costs, increased shipping costs, increased rent and energy costs, etc., the net cost for the consumer is far higher than just the price of food on the shelf.

But if the government can't even see that much less admit that, this makes them idiots at best, political partisans at worst.
I have noticed that the narrative since the debate and now the assassination attempt that the left is detracting from the issues at hand--trying to amplify "Orange Man Bad" We must be diligent in keeping focus on the issues--Inflation, Immigration, Homeland Security, Wars, Homeless, Human Trafficking, Political Persecutions, Incompetence in the WH, etc. Keep their feet in the fire.

I highly doubt she shops at the same grocery stores 90% of Americans do. Where she goes the prices are probably always high.

When you have a lot of money you tend not to notice when lettuce doubles in price. You just pay whatever it is.

But I would imagine she has someone go to the store her. I doubt she has been in a grocery store doing grocery shopping this year even once.

I highly doubt she shops at the same grocery stores 90% of Americans do. Where she goes the prices are probably always high.

When you have a lot of money you tend not to notice when lettuce doubles in price. You just pay whatever it is.

But I would imagine she has someone go to the store her. I doubt she has been in a grocery store doing grocery shopping this year even once.

I highly doubt she has ever set foot inside any grocery store in her life......

Forum List

Back