🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

YES, America CERTAINLY WAS FOUNDED as a CHRISTIAN NATION...

And you are trying very hard to be rude to the Lord. We get it, you don't love the Lord, which means that you do not love yourself, which means that you love no one. We don't need a direct reference to the Lord. We know that most if not every single one of the FF bowed their heads to God the Father, His Son the Savior, Christ and prayed for them to be bless by them and the Holy Spirit to make a great nation and to serve the Lord (all three of those mentioned). You and hoooollerie are the ones asking for proof, and changing the goal posts. Our proof is in this great nation, and the blessings the Lord gives us every single day: '
we have food on our table
we have rooves over our heads
our families are relatively "safe"
we don't have to wall our property from marauders
we have energy so we do not have to have slaves
we have energy so our water is delivered to our taps 'clean' and drinkable
we have energy so our wastes are not running down our streets or into our water supplies
we have a country with a military that protects us
we have a better standard of living than most people in the entire world
even our poor live better than most "middle class" people in countries of the world that do not have a Christian influence.
etc, etc, etc.

Just for giggles, I will add:
many of us bow our heads to the Lord and pray for this country still. We pray for people like you and hollarie to find the Lord, and to be blessed by Him. We pray that our leaders will be strong enough to do the "Lord's will", and to serve well. It is a traddition that has been in this country since the earliest settlers came here. It is a traddition that will hopefully last as long as this is a nation. We do not need proof of the Lord rubbed in our faces. We can look around and see His blessings, everywhere.

Where is the word "God" in the Constitution?

And by my NOT seeing a word that doesn't exist in the Constitution is somehow rude? To whom? Some entity that you believe in and I don't....nor am I required to.

Maybe, if you want to see "rude", read JimBowie's posts.....

Oh, one more thing...nice that you bow your head....I do too...I too pray for this country and our military (I was in for 21 years myself) and our leaders....I just don't pray to the same entity you do. And I'm not aware of any rudeness in NOT capitalizing my gods/goddess' names....other than the standard proper noun type of stuff.

First you wanted "a single reference" to God. It was given to you. You cried, you denied, you pouted. Now you want a specific word that you know is not there. Little girl, your tantrum is over, go to bed, this discussion is over, and you did not make your point.

Where is the word "God" in the Constitution? You still have not shown the word "God" in the Constitution.....not at all.

What “creator” would that be? It certainly is not the Christian “creator” gods as the Founding Fathers made no mention of Christianity or the Christian gods in the constitution.

This is an incredibly ignorant statement. Shall we take the Constitution as a document existing in and of itself, with no authors, no history, and no other works from that period? [I don't even have an inkling of hope that Hollie will answer this. Here come the attacks] I would hope that folks here on this thread would not be so gullible to your Christian-hating, twisted, atheistic version of the truth, but it looks like JakeStarkey has already succumbed. The mistaken belief it is a "living" document has already been used to bastardize it and shred an Christ inspired truth that once existed in it.

Hollie, why do you hate God so much?

how is it hating G-d to acknowledge that the first amendment is pretty clear that the government is out of the G-d business and the church is out of the government business?

This is fascinating....you make something out of the Constitution that is not even in it at all....and yet, when a legal American document has the word "Christian" in it, you pretend it means nothing.

He never said it meant nothing, but it obviously does not mean what you pretend it does.

So...tell us...what does "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion..." mean to you?

Seems rather clear to me....and to the U.S. Senate who UNANIMOUSLY ratified that treaty.

Wow, already you are reduced to playing the grammar teacher, lol.
You see, people who cannot express themselves are not usually worth listening to.

I express myself just fine and if someone wants clarification all they have to do is ask and give it some thought. You do neither because you presume that you are right and need no genuine discussion.

Why do you think I am not Christian?
Jesus said that you shall be known by your fruits, did He not?

And what does the 'fruit' that He referred to have to do with saying 'shit' instead of 'feces'?

Nada.

So, are you or are you not a Christian?
Why do you think a Christian cannot use the word 'fuck' but the word 'intercourse' is just fine and dandy?
You seriously think it's not a sin to use profanity? You should learn something about Christianity.

lololol

You should learn some history of the English language, dude.

A fake conversationalist engaging in honest discussion as you are neither honest nor truly discussing anything. You are trolling.

What “creator” would that be? It certainly is not the Christian “creator” gods as the Founding Fathers made no mention of Christianity or the Christian gods in the constitution.

This is an incredibly ignorant statement. Shall we take the Constitution as a document existing in and of itself, with no authors, no history, and no other works from that period? [I don't even have an inkling of hope that Hollie will answer this. Here come the attacks] I would hope that folks here on this thread would not be so gullible to your Christian-hating, twisted, atheistic version of the truth, but it looks like JakeStarkey has already succumbed. The mistaken belief it is a "living" document has already been used to bastardize it and shred an Christ inspired truth that once existed in it.

how is it hating G-d to acknowledge that the first amendment is pretty clear that the government is out of the G-d business and the church is out of the government business?

They seem pretty upset that their version of a deity isn't acknowledged as the one and only this nation was founded on.....even tho they can't give us any proof it was.

Wow, already you are reduced to playing the grammar teacher, lol.
You see, people who cannot express themselves are not usually worth listening to.

I express myself just fine and if someone wants clarification all they have to do is ask and give it some thought. You do neither because you presume that you are right and need no genuine discussion.

And what does the 'fruit' that He referred to have to do with saying 'shit' instead of 'feces'?

Nada.

lololol

A fake conversationalist engaging in honest discussion as you are neither honest nor truly discussing anything. You are trolling.

You know you are performing a circular argument, right?

This is fascinating....you make something out of the Constitution that is not even in it at all....and yet, when a legal American document has the word "Christian" in it, you pretend it means nothing.

He never said it meant nothing, but it obviously does not mean what you pretend it does.

So...tell us...what does "As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion..." mean to you?

Seems rather clear to me....and to the U.S. Senate who UNANIMOUSLY ratified that treaty.

Dude, I have explained it wtwice already. What reason do I have that a third try will be any different?

You really dont give a shit, so why bother?

But for the lurkers out there, the treaty refers to a formal foundation of authority bsed on a religious claim related to the Divine Right of Kings which the churches gave to a king in Christendom.

Our Republic is not so founded on a religious instution giving its blessing or claim to rule by God's authority. Our Republic is based on the Will of the People for its claim to authority.

Nada.

lololol

A fake what? :confused:

No, I am not, but I'll bite.

What is my tautology here?

Dude, I have explained it wtwice already. What reason do I have that a third try will be any different?

But for the lurkers out there, the treaty refers to a formal foundation of authority bsed on a religious claim related to the Divine Right of Kings which the churches gave to a king in Christendom.

Our Republic is not so founded on a religious instution giving its blessing or claim to rule by God's authority. Our Republic is based on the Will of the People for its claim to authority.

Which is what we've been saying all along. The United States is NOT founded on Christianity...ergo, is not a Christian nation. We are a secular nation founded on the basis of Law...made up of people from all religions and none.

Nada.

lololol

That few sentences starting with "A fake conversationalist....." It's circular.

It does not state that, Jillian.

The first Amendment states that there will be no establishment of religion, i.e. no formal establishment of an official church for the federal governments as each state had its own predominate faith and some even had their own state churches.

The states were afraid of one denominmation taking over the fedreal government then forcing itself on the whole country, much like modern secular humanism is doing today.

The first Amendment states that there will be no establishment of religion, i.e. no formal establishment of an official church for the federal governments as each state had its own predominate faith and some even had their own state churches.

The states were afraid of one denominmation taking over the fedreal government then forcing itself on the whole country, much like modern secular humanism is doing today.

Now you are saying that the States have state religions....and have the right to establish state religions. :lol::lol::lol:

I know the state religion of Utah then.......:eusa_whistle:

Which is what we've been saying all along. The United States is NOT founded on Christianity...ergo, is not a Christian nation. We are a secular nation founded on the basis of Law...made up of people from all religions and none.

lol

The federal government is required to be secular, the nation is not nor shall it ever be, God Willing.

He asked ' Fake what?' and I responded 'fake conversationalist' with some explanation appended.

How is that tautological?

You are a fake conversationalist because you are a troll....circular....with NO explanation as to what is fake about his conversations or what is troll-like....Basically, it's a version of "You stink because....you stink".

Circular.

lol

The federal government is required to be secular, the nation is not nor shall it ever be, God Willing.

Define "the nation" then....as YOU used it, of course.

Now you are saying that the States have state religions....and have the right to establish state religions. :lol::lol::lol:

I said that they did at the time of the Constitution being written.

State religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution explicitly forbids the federal government from enacting any law respecting a religious establishment, and thus forbids either designating an official church for the United States, or interfering with State and local official churches — which were common when the First Amendment was enacted. It did not prevent state governments from establishing official churches. Connecticut continued to do so until it replaced its colonial Charter with the Connecticut Constitution of 1818; Massachusetts retained an establishment of religion in general until 1833.

lol

Define "the nation" then....as YOU used it, of course.

Nation - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A nation may refer to a community of people who share a common language, culture, ethnicity, descent, or history.[1] In this definition, a nation has no physical borders. However, it can also refer to people who share a common territory and government (for example the inhabitants of a sovereign state) irrespective of their ethnic make-up...

According to Joseph Stalin writing in 1913 in Marxism and the National Question: "a nation is not a racial or tribal, but a historically constituted community of people;" "a nation is not a casual or ephemeral conglomeration, but a stable community of people;" "a common language is one of the characteristic features of a nation;" "a nation is formed only as a result of lengthy and systematic intercourse, as a result of people living together generation after generation;" "a common territory is one of the characteristic features of a nation;" "a common economic life, economic cohesion, is one of the characteristic features of a nation;" "a common psychological make-up, which manifests itself in a common culture, is one of the characteristic features of a nation;" "A nation is a historically constituted, stable community of people, formed on the basis of a common language, territory, economic life, and psychological make-up manifested in a common culture."

I said that they did at the time of the Constitution being written.

State religion - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

The First Amendment to the U.S. Constitution explicitly forbids the federal government from enacting any law respecting a religious establishment, and thus forbids either designating an official church for the United States, or interfering with State and local official churches — which were common when the First Amendment was enacted. It did not prevent state governments from establishing official churches. Connecticut continued to do so until it replaced its colonial Charter with the Connecticut Constitution of 1818; Massachusetts retained an establishment of religion in general until 1833.

Do they now?

He asked ' Fake what?' and I responded 'fake conversationalist' with some explanation appended.

How is that tautological?

You are a fake conversationalist because you are a troll....circular....with NO explanation as to what is fake about his conversations or what is troll-like....Basically, it's a version of "You stink because....you stink".

Circular.

I gave a summary, not an argument, and I am not trolling as I mean what I say and do not yank peoples chains to amuse myself like you do.

Forum List

Back