YES!!!! North Charleston Murderer Officer Slager INDICTED

Finally, an armed and dangerous official thug is indicted for killing an unarmed black.

Ex-cop Michael Slager indicted in slaying of Walter Scott in South Carolina
Ex-cop Michael Slager indicted in slaying of Walter Scott in South Carolina - CBS News

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - A white former North Charleston police officer has been indicted on a murder charge in the fatal shooting of an unarmed black man who was running away from the officer.

The April 4 shooting was captured on video by a bystander and showed officer Michael Slager firing eight times at 50-year-old Walter Scott. The shooting rekindled the ongoing national debate about the treatment of black suspects at the hands of white officers.

Slager was charged almost immediately after the video surfaced. Prosecutor Scarlett Wilson announced the indictment Monday.

Wilson said earlier the death penalty does not seem to apply because there were no aggravating circumstances such as robbery or kidnapping as required under South Carolina law.

The 33-year-old Slager faces 30 years to life in prison if convicted.

I read that earlier this morning and was very happy to see this murderer might face justice for his crime.

I hope that he's found guilty and put in prison for life without parole.
What if he's not guilty?

Shooting an unarmed fleeing person in the back is not an acceptable use of deadly force.
There may be a question of whether the cop knew he was unarmed. He apparently shot the cop with his own taser and if the cop thought he was still in possession of it then the entire scenario changes. I'm waiting for evidence in trial.

Finally, an armed and dangerous official thug is indicted for killing an unarmed black.

Ex-cop Michael Slager indicted in slaying of Walter Scott in South Carolina - CBS News

NORTH CHARLESTON, S.C. - A white former North Charleston police officer has been indicted on a murder charge in the fatal shooting of an unarmed black man who was running away from the officer.

The April 4 shooting was captured on video by a bystander and showed officer Michael Slager firing eight times at 50-year-old Walter Scott. The shooting rekindled the ongoing national debate about the treatment of black suspects at the hands of white officers.

Slager was charged almost immediately after the video surfaced. Prosecutor Scarlett Wilson announced the indictment Monday.

Wilson said earlier the death penalty does not seem to apply because there were no aggravating circumstances such as robbery or kidnapping as required under South Carolina law.

I read that earlier this morning and was very happy to see this murderer might face justice for his crime.

What if he's not guilty?

Shooting an unarmed fleeing person in the back is not an acceptable use of deadly force.
There may be a question of whether the cop knew he was unarmed. He apparently shot the cop with his own taser and if the cop thought he was still in possession of it then the entire scenario changes. I'm waiting for evidence in trial.
If you look close you can see the tazer wires dragging behind scott,he didn't shot the cop with it. The cop shot him with it.

What if he's not guilty?

Yep. He had the cops taser. Cop was shot with it. It didnt "taze" him. Prong probably didnt go through vest.

I still think its a bad shoot. BUT...a jury will see it all.

His lawyer is Andy Savage. Infamous in the South as one of the absolute best defense attorneys in the Southeast.

What if he's not guilty?

Slager's report is at odds with his actions recorded on the video ergo he was lying. The only question is the extent of his lying.

I have no doubt whatsoever that his report was written to make himself appear to be a "victim acting in self defense".

What if he's not guilty?

If you look close you can see the tazer wires dragging behind scott,he didn't shot the cop with it. The cop shot him with it.

One wire is attached to the cops chest as he holds the gun. Pic shows them tending to a wound on officers leg. Appeaes taser shot cop but didnt work.

I still can't figure out where lefty agenda-ites get all of this evidence that no one else is privy to. So much so that they can convict anyone they wish on a whim.
I hope it turns out to be another overcharge and that he is acquitted due to that error. Just to piss off you Ox Bow idiot lefty sheeple bigots.

This isn't a court of law. Our opinions don't need the 'beyond a reasonable doubt' standard, as they carry no criminal penalty. I use the 'proponderance' standard personally when assessing a situation. And as far as a grand jury is concerned, they don't use a 'beyond a reasonable doubt' standard either when determine if charges will be filed
I'll take that as your admission of mob rule endorsement.

If our personal opinions carried the weight of criminal penalty, perhaps. But they don't. So there's no 'rule' in your 'mob rule' scenario. Just a bunch of non-authoritative opinions.
You have the shoe on the wrong foot.
It's the non-authoritative opinions that I'm arguing against. I'm insisting I don't know and I want to wait for evidence in trial and many others here are ready to convict now.

None of us have the power to convict. We're merely talking. And we most definitely have evidence. So ignoring it would be foolish. The grand jury certainly didn't. However, we should remain open to the idea that there may be additional evidence.

What if he's not guilty?

Apparently according to who? According to the bullshit police report. Your source on the taser shooting is a cop who demonstrably lied. Or at the very least is so incapable of accurately relaying events as to have his accounting be effectively worthless.

You really have to wonder what the hell he was thinking when he gunned that guy down.

Officer Slager was just "standing his ground" and "defending our 2A freedoms" when an unarmed black man was attempting to "flee the scene of the crime" that Officer Slager was committing.

Actually, former officer Slager is the REASON for the 2nd Amendment. Here was a man who clearly was a sociopath with a badge, and were it up to you anti-gun types.....he would be the only one with a gun.

What if he's not guilty?

One wire is attached to the cops chest as he holds the gun. Pic shows them tending to a wound on officers leg. Appeaes taser shot cop but didnt work.
MMM not so sure its fairly clear wire attached to Scott trailing away,ether way 8 into the back at 10 plus yards when there was no threat wasn't needed,the mindset to lie about what happened brings everything the cops said into question everything,they let him just bleed out and did next to nothing,claiming they did cpr when they clearly didn't,they guy has no credibility at all zip zero nadda.

You really have to wonder what the hell he was thinking when he gunned that guy down.

Yup, the fucking redneck bastard's life was not threatened nor endangered. And it's on video of him walking the taser over and dropping it beside Scott's body. Cops have been doing this kind of thing since there were cops and blacks, and it's time for these cops to take it where they are giving it.

Officer Slager was just "standing his ground" and "defending our 2A freedoms" when an unarmed black man was attempting to "flee the scene of the crime" that Officer Slager was committing.

Actually, former officer Slager is the REASON for the 2nd Amendment. Here was a man who clearly was a sociopath with a badge, and were it up to you anti-gun types.....he would be the only one with a gun.

Ha! So now you're an armchair psychologist. If Slager's a sociopath, then that must be the first criteria for applying to the police academy.

Hahaha nutz with another meltdown. .what else is new?!?!
Lol...no meltdown...just exposing the truth. If i were to talk about family...thet wpuld ban me....because I am black

He is a teaper....hewas thinking he is anoce.tje.law and starting a race war. I bet this is not the first Negro he has killed in cold blood. Fucking racist teapers are destrpying America. They justify pedophiles and murderers
Please report to the nurse's station on your psych ward... the nurse has your afternoon meds all ready for you.
Lol...no meltdown...just exposing the truth. If i were to talk about family...thet wpuld ban me....because I am black

You might be the only black person who has the guts to come on this racist, 99.999% white board. High five, Nutz. These chickenshits would NEVER post on a liberal board or a board that was predominantly anything else but white.

He is a teaper....hewas thinking he is anoce.tje.law and starting a race war. I bet this is not the first Negro he has killed in cold blood. Fucking racist teapers are destrpying America. They justify pedophiles and murderers
Please report to the nurse's station on your psych ward... the nurse has your afternoon meds all ready for you.

You might be the only black person who has the guts to come on this racist, 99.999% white board. High five, Nutz. These chickenshits would NEVER post on a liberal board or a board that was predominantly anything else but white.

Only a moron like you would ever think it takes "guts" to post on a MB.

What if he's not guilty?

I'll let the jury work that out in trial.

What if he's not guilty?

Slager's report is at odds with his actions recorded on the video ergo he was lying. The only question is the extent of his lying.

I have no doubt whatsoever that his report was written to make himself appear to be a "victim acting in self defense".
The video is partial and may be edited. We don't know. Let's see what comes up in trial.

I still can't figure out where lefty agenda-ites get all of this evidence that no one else is privy to. So much so that they can convict anyone they wish on a whim.
I hope it turns out to be another overcharge and that he is acquitted due to that error. Just to piss off you Ox Bow idiot lefty sheeple bigots.

This isn't a court of law. Our opinions don't need the 'beyond a reasonable doubt' standard, as they carry no criminal penalty. I use the 'proponderance' standard personally when assessing a situation. And as far as a grand jury is concerned, they don't use a 'beyond a reasonable doubt' standard either when determine if charges will be filed
I'll take that as your admission of mob rule endorsement.

If our personal opinions carried the weight of criminal penalty, perhaps. But they don't. So there's no 'rule' in your 'mob rule' scenario. Just a bunch of non-authoritative opinions.
You have the shoe on the wrong foot.
It's the non-authoritative opinions that I'm arguing against. I'm insisting I don't know and I want to wait for evidence in trial and many others here are ready to convict now.

None of us have the power to convict. We're merely talking. And we most definitely have evidence. So ignoring it would be foolish. The grand jury certainly didn't. However, we should remain open to the idea that there may be additional evidence.
If the Eric Garner incident is any indicator, we know very little.

What if he's not guilty?

Apparently according to who? According to the bullshit police report. Your source on the taser shooting is a cop who demonstrably lied. Or at the very least is so incapable of accurately relaying events as to have his accounting be effectively worthless.
I don't know that and I don't know how you know that.

Oh, shoot! Does that mean no rioting, burning, looting, etc? All those outsiders who operate businesses within and take their profits elsewhere won't have to rebuild after the fires? That hardly seems fair.

I don't believe there would have been any of that had the decision been otherwise. The people of North Charleston have comported themselves well since this went down. An example every community should look to...

You sound surprised. There really was no other outcome for this case, only a fool would think otherwise...

Don't like cops much, do you?

Forum List

Back