Yes, There Is A War On Christmas

I think it's obvious that American Christian traditionalism is being undermined in this nation. I just don't really care. Things change and it's natural. I think eventually religion will just be seen as crazy tribalistic bullshit from the past.
santa claus is the epitome of handouts, aka "free stuff"

The people of Japan are huge in to Christmas, do you think they are celebrating anything remotely associated with Christ?
Some of them probably are. I have no idea what religious demographics look like in Japan.

Jingle Bells is still a Christmas song though, and Christmas is still a Christian holiday even if not everybody that celebrates it would call themselves a Christian. That's just my opinion though.

Hell I celebrate Christmas every year and don't consider myself a Christian. It's still a Christian holiday though, so many things associated with it will also become associated with Christianity.

First of all, I think you're missing the point. Secondly, he didn't say it was a war on him or even Christians, he said it was a war on Christmas.
Christmas isn't a person and doesn't have feelings and doesn't care if little children sing Jingle Bells in school or not. He can say whatever he likes but it's clear the one offended isn't Christmas, it's him.

The left's war on Christmas has as much to do with their latent anti-Semitism as it does with their hatred of Christianity. Jingle Bells excluded, the majority of secular Christmas music was apparently written by Jews.

These Christmas Songs Were Written by Jews
How did you happen upon that site...?

It has such wonderful commentary as
What I’m exposing here is basically the typical story of Jews using America as a platform -and amplifier- to sell their own “vision of the world” and in the process over-promote themselves, kind of like taking possession of everything that you have while literary killing you with their “entertainment”.

Your link is actually a conspiracy theory about the Jews killing Christmas and this is where this tumbleweed of nonsense gets wonderful and hilarious. If Jingle Bells is just a Jew conspiracy to murder Jesus and turn Christmas into a gimmicky, kosher holiday, than are we not the saviors of Christmas by canceling Jingle Bells?

1% Christian.
I see that fact as not really defeating the point I'm trying to make.

I guess at some point you would have to just stop calling it a Christian holiday, but maybe at that point you should also stop calling it Christmas. If nobody that celebrates Christmas is a Christian is it still at Christian holiday?

Last edited:
I see that fact as not really defeating the point I'm trying to make.

I guess at some point you would have to just stop calling it a Christian holiday, but maybe at that point you should also stop calling it Christmas. If nobody that celebrates Christmas is a Christian is it still at Christian holiday?

It has long since stopped being a Christian holiday, even in this country.

While it is true some Christians still celebrate it as such, the country as a whole does not. If anything all that is being celebrated is unbridled greed and capitalism.

There is no reason to change the name.

It has long since stopped being a Christian holiday, even in this country.

While it is true some Christians still celebrate it as such, the country as a whole does not. If anything all that is being celebrated is unbridled greed and capitalism.

There is no reason to change the name.
Well the conversation gets interesting if you want to say Christmas is no longer a Christian holiday. I don't entirely disagree with your point of view here. I'd be interested to see what some of the Christians on this forum have to say about that.

Christmas isn't a person and doesn't have feelings and doesn't care if little children sing Jingle Bells in school or not.

So then why are you not asking why these people are offended by the song in the first place?

You have a lot to say about someone bothered by the attempted censuring of an innocent Christmas song but nothing to say about those who are bothered by an innocent Christmas song.
He can say whatever he likes but it's clear the one offended isn't Christmas, it's him.

Of course it it's him being offended. You talk as if he was trying to hide this.

So then why are you not asking why these people are offended by the song in the first place?
Because I don't care why they are offended either. I'm amused that some snowflakes take it as a personal insult to them.
You have a lot to say about someone bothered by the attempted censuring of an innocent Christmas song but nothing to say about those who are bothered by an innocent Christmas song.
And?
Of course it it's him being offended. You talk as if he was trying to hide this.
They are, every time they cry about a war on Christmas.

Christmas is a huge Holiday. We see it with people travelling to visit family and friends. With the Baby Boomer generation and on however, it became massively crass. The boomers were the last generation who even had a lot of religious teachings at a high percentage taught. The Birth of Jesus has taken a second seat to the crass ways we live with today. We are jaded and cynical and numbed by constant broadcasts of all types that are secular and with some even Anti Christian.

One elementary school... whatever.

When Christmas again returns to being about Jesus and faith rather than shopping and buying, get back to me. Until then... Pffft.

Because I don't care why they are offended either. I'm amused that some snowflakes take it as a personal insult to them.

And?

We were buried by an avalanche of lefty snowflakes while Trump was president. Everything offended them.

Because I don't care why they are offended either.

By saying "either" you imply that you don't care why independentthinker is offended as well. So why did you make a point of belittling the one offended by the censuring of the song and not the ones offended by the song?

I'm amused that some snowflakes take it as a personal insult to them.

I'm amused that some snowflakes take a Christmas song as a personal insult to them. I'm further amused by the attempt to ascribe racism to it.

And, it reveals that you have a clear cut bias.

Um, no.

I'm not a Christian but I used to be and I can tell you that Christians take it personally when you insult their God, their religion or just about any aspect of it, and they will tell you out loud that they are personally offended. It is a point of Christian pride to declare displeasure at perceived insults to their God or religion. Muslims are pretty much the same way.

As I said, I'm not a Christian but I know enough from having been one to know that your narrative here is way off the mark.

By saying "either" you imply that you don't care why independentthinker is offended as well. So why did you make a point of belittling the one offended by the censuring of the song and not the ones offended by the song?
Because I'm amused by his extreme response. Who knows how offended these other people were, all they did was not sing Jingle Bells. OP here takes it as an act of war and I happen to find that amusing.
I'm amused that some snowflakes take a Christmas song as a personal insult to them. I'm further amused by the attempt to ascribe racism to it.
Ok. Good for you.
And, it reveals that you have a clear cut bias.
I was never trying to conceal it.
Um, no.

I'm not a Christian but I used to be and I can tell you that Christians take it personally when you insult their God, their religion or just about any aspect of it, and they will tell you out loud that they are personally offended. It is a point of Christian pride to declare displeasure at perceived insults to their God or religion. Muslims are pretty much the same way.
Yea I know. You know who acts that way? Insecure little children, but I suppose that's to be expected from people who still profess believe in Tooth Fairies and Santa Clause and yet no deep down its all a fraud.
As I said, I'm not a Christian but I know enough from having been one to know that your narrative here is way off the mark.
Who cares if other people don't believe in the same voodoo you do? Why should that irk you at all?

Well, Christ is in the word Christmas. So, if they're not celebrating Christ, they're not celebrating Christmas.

Keep telling yourself that, I am sure it keeps you warm at night.

Go spend a Christmas in Japan and tell me they are not celebrating Christmas, and it has nothing to do with Christ.

Ironically Christ Himself was against such celebrations.

Forum List

Back