Yesterday, today and other days as well

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
There is a dense growth of bushes and trees just beyond the fence separating the apartments I live in from the property next to it-
In the mornings the trees and bushes are a play ground for the squirrels and a few birds- there are more birds in the summer and spring- anyway, watching the squirrels playing in the morning is quite entertaining as they jump from tree to tree chasing each other and whatever else it is they're doing. This morning I was watching them, just wondering, if they get an adrenaline rush jumping from tree to tree, like humans would. They are quite animated in their flight from tree to tree with all 4 feet flailing and they make it look like a lot of fun-

I made pets, sort of, of some squirrels where I used to live by throwing cracked pecans and roasted peanuts around the base of a tree close to my patio- I developed a soft spot for their antics and could keep up with the different ones based on their stripes and coloring. I saw a couple of them get hit by cars crossing the street and it made me sad- they were pets I had grown endeared to-

Anyway, I've developed a fondness for squirrels- and their antics. I just was wondering, though, if they feel the rush humans do when they jump from tree limb to tree limb- it looks like a lot of fun.

Anyway, I've developed a fondness for squirrels- and their antics. I just was wondering, though, if they feel the rush humans do when they jump from tree limb to tree limb- it looks like a lot of fun.

I think something like a squirrel is mostly instinct driven and probably doesn't even think about it. I like squirrels but they can be a real nuisance.

An elderly neighbor moved to a nursing home and we inherited her feral cats that she was feeding. My wife puts out a big plate of cat food everyday and recently the squirrels have found it. What we can't figure out is why the cats let the squirrels eat their food. We've even seen squirrels chase off the cats.

I love to watch squirrels chase each other, but even better when you see them grooming each other....one irrel stretched out flat on a limb while the other squirrel perched upright is cleaning the other squirrel's back.... so so cute.

Maine is the only state that we've lived in that has these hyper, tiny little Red Squirrels.....with very few big ass gray squirrels.

An elderly neighbor moved to a nursing home and we inherited her feral cats that she was feeding. My wife puts out a big plate of cat food everyday and recently the squirrels have found it. What we can't figure out is why the cats let the squirrels eat their food. We've even seen squirrels chase off the cats.
My sister put cat food on her front porch for a stray cat roaming her neighborhood, the plate was emptied every night.....only to discover by chance that it was a family of raccoons eating the dry food!

Of course she now feeds them every day and has named each one..... :)

Forum List

Back