Yet Another Toddler Accidentally Shot And Killed His Mother

So your claim is then false.

So the FBI and almost every cop in the country are wrong and you are right. Got it

Where do they state a .22 won't work for defense? Most people never need a gun period. Of those that do almost none ever need to shoot. For that tiny fraction of a percent that do shoot a .22 will work fine. Most are more accurate with a .22.

Bottom line, when you shoot, you shoot to kill. Higher caliber has more killing power. You are arguing on a sinking ship...jump off.

How many times have you shot in defense?

Never, how is that relevant? Are only those who have shot in self defense qualified to have an opinion on the topic? How many times have you shot in self defense?

So you would be safe with any caliber. Thanks.

So the FBI and almost every cop in the country are wrong and you are right. Got it

Where do they state a .22 won't work for defense? Most people never need a gun period. Of those that do almost none ever need to shoot. For that tiny fraction of a percent that do shoot a .22 will work fine. Most are more accurate with a .22.

Bottom line, when you shoot, you shoot to kill. Higher caliber has more killing power. You are arguing on a sinking ship...jump off.

Never, how is that relevant? Are only those who have shot in self defense qualified to have an opinion on the topic? How many times have you shot in self defense?

By that rationale, I don't need to wear a helmet when riding my bike, because I have never fallen and hit my head. Thanks for the insight to your logic. Think I'll still put on that helmet even though it offends your reasoning.

By that rationale, I don't need to wear a helmet when riding my bike, because I have never fallen and hit my head. Thanks for the insight to your logic. Think I'll still put on that helmet even though it offends your reasoning.

We have examples of people having needed a helmet. None where caliber was too small.

Do you guys wear hearing protection on the street? Being able to hear well after first shot might save your life.

Exposure to noise greater than 140 dB can permanently damage hearing. Almost all firearms create noise that is over the 140-dB level. A small .22-caliber rifle can produce noise around 140 dB, while big-bore rifles and pistols can produce sound over 175 dB. Firing guns in a place where sounds can reverberate, or bounce off walls and other structures, can make noises louder and increase the risk of hearing loss. Also, adding muzzle brakes or other modifications can make the firearm louder. People who do not wear hearing protection while shooting can suffer a severe hearing loss with as little as one shot, if the conditions are right. Audiologists see this often, especially during hunting season when hunters and bystanders may be exposed to rapid fire from big-bore rifles, shotguns, or pistols.

Has your house ever burned down, if not I'd say you paying way to much for fire insurance. Come on man!

Has your house ever burned down, if not I'd say you paying way to much for fire insurance. Come on man!

I have seen houses that burned down. Not aware of a failed defense because of small caliber.

Do you guys wear hearing protection on the street? Being able to hear well after first shot might save your life.

Exposure to noise greater than 140 dB can permanently damage hearing. Almost all firearms create noise that is over the 140-dB level. A small .22-caliber rifle can produce noise around 140 dB, while big-bore rifles and pistols can produce sound over 175 dB. Firing guns in a place where sounds can reverberate, or bounce off walls and other structures, can make noises louder and increase the risk of hearing loss. Also, adding muzzle brakes or other modifications can make the firearm louder. People who do not wear hearing protection while shooting can suffer a severe hearing loss with as little as one shot, if the conditions are right. Audiologists see this often, especially during hunting season when hunters and bystanders may be exposed to rapid fire from big-bore rifles, shotguns, or pistols.

So now you switch to using a 22 for protection is better because you less likely to suffer hearing loss. You win......I can't argue with your type.

So now you switch to using a 22 for protection is better because you less likely to suffer hearing loss. You win......I can't argue with your type.

It is one benefit of a .22. Most people will shoot it more accurately and faster too. Not switching. It is added to the fact nobody has ever needed bigger.

Last edited:

Even more proof that you're a deeply stupid man. And it shows.
Then why don't cops carry pistols chambered for .22LR?

For personal protection silly. The rounds small size plus low velocity means no through and through, so the round hits every major organ in your body by the time it finally stops moving.

My Personal preference is for the 5 shot hammer less 38. Small and still packs a punch.

A hollow point means no through and through
And cops don't use their pistols for personal protection?

If a .22 is so good why carry a .38?

I'll take my Springfield .45 XDS with the 3 in barrel over a .38

You have never fired a shot in defense so it doesn't really matter.

But at least I know how to shoot if I have to unlike you.

It is one benefit of a .22. Most people will shoot it more accurately and faster too. Not switching. It is added to the fact nobody has ever needed bigger.

Then answer the question as to why cops don't carry .22s

If that's all anyone needs and they won't go deaf shooting it why wouldn't all cops be carrying them?

FYI I am just as accurate with a .45 as a .22

Yes, every soldier who had to go to handgun to defend his position has and i know of no military that uses 22 as their standard sidearm caliber. There is a reason for that.

Case closed. Your 22 argument is sophomoric at best.

Now you are talking military? Because self defense is the same as a war? Now that is sophomoric.
Lol yeah, from what i've read of your stuff you would say that. How very predictable. Regardless, so sorry, you lose. Now go grab a yoohoo from the fridge in your moms basement so you can cry in it.

Lose? Nobody has given a single valid reason caliber matters for defense. How many times has caliber saved your life so far?

That is a meaningless question.

You do know that many cops go their entire careers and never shoot anyone so I guess you think they they are wrong to carry 9mm and .40 caliber and they should instead be carrying .22s

You are comparing self defense to stopping and capturing criminals. It is a moronic comparison. In defense you can pull your gun and let the criminal walk away. That is not an option for police. Criminals don't want to be shot, they will walk away regardless of caliber.

Wow

So the guy attacking you so he can rape your wife isn't a criminal that needs to be stopped?

FYI anyone attacking you is a criminal and needs to be stopped. And if shooting is the only option no cop wants a .22 so neither do I

So your claim is then false.

He's never even shot at a paper target

If that's all anyone needs and they won't go deaf shooting it why wouldn't all cops be carrying them?

Is pulling out your gun and letting the criminal walk away an option for a cop? You really just don't get it.

Now you are talking military? Because self defense is the same as a war? Now that is sophomoric.
Lol yeah, from what i've read of your stuff you would say that. How very predictable. Regardless, so sorry, you lose. Now go grab a yoohoo from the fridge in your moms basement so you can cry in it.

Lose? Nobody has given a single valid reason caliber matters for defense. How many times has caliber saved your life so far?

That is a meaningless question.

You do know that many cops go their entire careers and never shoot anyone so I guess you think they they are wrong to carry 9mm and .40 caliber and they should instead be carrying .22s

You are comparing self defense to stopping and capturing criminals. It is a moronic comparison. In defense you can pull your gun and let the criminal walk away. That is not an option for police. Criminals don't want to be shot, they will walk away regardless of caliber.

Wow

So the guy attacking you so he can rape your wife isn't a criminal that needs to be stopped?

FYI anyone attacking you is a criminal and needs to be stopped. And if shooting is the only option no cop wants a .22 so neither do I

Fill him with .22 and he isn't raping anyone. You really are silly.

You always talk out of your ass? Seems like it.

Is pulling out your gun and letting the criminal walk away an option for a cop? You really just don't get it.

So if a criminal is more afraid of a 9 mm or a .40 than a .22 why would you want a .22?

So if a criminal is more afraid of a 9 mm or a .40 than a .22 why would you want a .22?

The scenario you are purposefully ignoring (or maybe I'm giving you too much credit) is that IF you have to shoot do you only want a .22 that might not stop someone hell bent on getting his hands on you.

You seem to assume that all people who would assault you would not have to be stopped and would all run away

That is an ill advised assumption

You always talk out of your ass? Seems like it.

At least I have actually shot a gun so I know what I'm talking about

You're a deeply stupid man. The 22 round is one of the most lethal rounds available to the public today. The rounds low velocity is the reason why.
Lol

Even more proof that you're a deeply stupid man. And it shows.
Then why don't cops carry pistols chambered for .22LR?

For personal protection silly. The rounds small size plus low velocity means no through and through, so the round hits every major organ in your body by the time it finally stops moving.

My Personal preference is for the 5 shot hammer less 38. Small and still packs a punch.

A hollow point means no through and through
And cops don't use their pistols for personal protection?

If a .22 is so good why carry a .38?

I'll take my Springfield .45 XDS with the 3 in barrel over a .38

I don't carry a gun. I don't even own one. I merely described the best possible self defense weapon where deadly force is necessary.

Toddlers shot more than 40 people last year and yet the nutters are here, comparing that to bicycle helmets.

WTF is WRONG with you people?

I hope you never lose a child or have a member of your family accidentally shot, OR kill someone yourself. Until you experience this first hand, you really don't know what you're talking about.

Forum List

Back