Yo Barack...can You Spell Kobani?

No - you didn't understand the answer.

Yes, I have every confidence in our ability to guarantee that taking US military action early in the outbreak of civil war in Syria would have caused fewer deaths than deaths I attribute to the Obama administration because of its lack of definitive action.

How many US ground troops? 52,500 plus rear echelon support troops .... anything else you need to know?

SC 10477669
52,500 plus rear echelon support troops

What would be the mission of those troops inserted into Syria? Do we bomb Assad's air defenses. chemical weapons arsenal, and Navy Vessels sitting next to Russian Ships, before insertion?

Or do our troops go in exposed without air cover?

Are they all combat troops or are you setting up some infrastructure to base them and build up supply routes deep enough into Syria to have an effect.,

The problem with US troops invading Syria is that most cities and towns were inhabited by a mix of ethnic and sectarian population. And the Christians in Assyria especially early on were on Assad's side. The Assad regime kept them safe.

So we could just imagine the rightwing and liberal Christians here at home going nuts over the fact that your 52000 troops were not enough to protect Syria's Christians from the Islamist fighters that were streaming into Iraq by the thousands.

Last edited:
SC 10477676
Well, since I walked in that sand, I think it's safe to say my boots-on-the-ground understanding of that action significantly exceeds yours.

You walked on the sand in Syria wearing GI combat boots? When was that? What were you doing there?

SC 10477676
Well, since I walked in that sand, I think it's safe to say my boots-on-the-ground understanding of that action significantly exceeds yours.

You walked on the sand in Syria wearing GI combat boots? When was that? What were you doing there?

We were talking about Iraq, dumbass ... but now that you mention it, I had the opportunity to visit the American embassy in Damascus three times ... and, yes, I was wearing GI combat boots at the time.

"The odds of repeating another Afghanistan or Iraq – invading, pacifying, and administering a large third world country – may be low," .... “the Army also must confront the reality that the most plausible, high-end scenarios for the US military are primarily naval and air engagements – whether in Asia, the Persian Gulf, or elsewhere.” Secretary Bob Gates told the Cadets at West Point.

Spare_Change appears to believe that he acquired the ability to 'get Syria right' (looking backwards of course) in one of the most complex situations in the Middle East from 'boots on the ME sand' some time before the civil war in Syria broke out.

10477676 SC

Your boots on the ground experience, wherever it was, has failed you in your quest to become a topnotch armchair general, but you think you are.

Apparently if you were in Iraq you thought the polls prior to the invasion had Americans in favor of Bush43 getting the US military bogged down in Iraq for five years in the midst of civil war. They did not do so as I have shown you.

One of the main reasons that any US President would never send 52,000 US troops, plus rear echelon troops, into combat into a predominately Muslim nation for any reason outside of a genuine and real threat to our national security, is the US invasion of Iraq and the costly that quagmire our troops were stuck in there.

Re: "failure to take action resulting in deaths versus taking action causing deaths"

SC 10471708
I am saying that our failure to take action has resulted in more deaths

Do you have confidence in your ability to guarantee that taking US military action (including massive ground invasion - with tons of chemical weapons available to the offending regime) early in the outbreak of civil war in Syria would have caused fewer deaths than what you attribute to be be deaths caused by non-action?

Should US casualties be a factor in the decision of what is to be done?

The truth is you have gained zero experience that would enable you to predict an outcome any different in lives lost in Syria if we sent in a large force of ground troops into Syria.

As Secretary Bob Gates said. Perhaps you should 'have (your) head examined' too.

. “Any future defense secretary who advises the president to again send a big American land army into Asia or into the Middle East or Africa should 'have his head examined,' as General [Douglas] MacArthur so delicately put it.”

Gates s warning Avoid land war in Asia Middle East and Africa - CSMonitor.com

Your "in-hindsight" proposal to send in 52,000 ground troops with no provision for air support or no plan to protect the Christian population or the friendly Syrian Muslim population is exceeding naive and downright batty in my view.

Bob Gates also gave this advice at West Point to the cadets there.

“And I must tell you, when it comes to predicting the nature and location of our next military engagements, since Vietnam, our record has been perfect,” he quipped. “We have never once gotten it right, from the Mayaguez to Grenada, Panama, Somalia, the Balkans, Haiti, Kuwait, Iraq, and more – we had no idea a year before any of these missions that we would be so engaged.”

“There has been an overwhelming tendency of our defense bureaucracy to focus on preparing for future high-end conflicts – priorities often based, ironically, on what transpired in the last century – as opposed to the messy fights in Iraq and Afghanistan,” he said.

The odds of repeating another Afghanistan or Iraq – invading, pacifying, and administering a large third world country – may be low, Gates said. The careful US response to the current trouble in Egypt, Libya, Iran, and elsewhere in the region attest to that. And it may well be that, as Gates told these soldiers-in-training, that “the Army also must confront the reality that the most plausible, high-end scenarios for the US military are primarily naval and air engagements – whether in Asia, the Persian Gulf, or elsewhere.”

Last edited:
SC 10483987
We were talking about Iraq, dumbass ...

You were talking about sending 52,000 troops back into Iraq and not Syria? That's odd because Kobane is in Syria and you

You wrote:

SC 10453923
You will find that I have consistently said that the current 'air mission' is a military joke, but a successful political PR campaign. Relative to the number of missions flown, we have already had a greater loss of life, material, and money than the Iraq war.

Then what does this mean now that you claim we were talking about Iraq and not Syria?

"we have already had a greater loss of life, material, and money than the Iraq war"

The greatest loss of "brown people" life as you put has been in Syria has it not. Syria is where local ground troops are needed. Iraq is driving DAIISH back and planning to do more without a reliance on Americans to do the fighting on the ground for them.

So what's with your bogus claim if we were not talking about Syria?

SC 10483987
We were talking about Iraq, dumbass ...

No we were talking about Syria where you wanted to send in 52000 troops to save "Brown People's" lives?

I asked you in regards to Syria's civil war and mentioned the 'tons of chemical weapons" that (used to) be there. Right here:

NF 10472661
Do you have confidence in your ability to guarantee that taking US military action (including massive ground invasion - with tons of chemical weapons available to the offending regime) early in the outbreak of civil war in Syria would have caused fewer deaths than what you attribute to be be deaths caused by non-action? <> Should US casualties be a factor in the decision of what is to be done?

And you answered those questions about Syria quite directly. right here:

Yep --- I have every confidence.

Should US casualties be a factor? Only when measured against the benefit of success.

Don't you read what you are responding to? If not - you should.

SC 10476170
Yep --- I have every confidence

So you didn't learn anything at all from the invasion of Iraq did you?

Why didn't you learn anything from the invasion of Iraq and subsequent quagmire like most of people in the world have been able to learn?

For example Bob Gates. Gates has been to Iraq too. Do your boots on the ground mean more in understanding Iraq and Syria and all the crisis in the world than Secretary Gates understands?

ISIS is dead. A few thousand religious nutters were never gonna take over the world. The Globalist Elites duped everyone again. Just another invented Boogeyman to keep their 'Permanent War' agenda going. So now that ISIS is dead, who or what will their next Boogeyman be? Stay tuned.

SC 10268445
Have a nice day. Clearly, you are more interested in shaping the argument so you can be proven right, rather than actually exploring the facts in order to come to the correct solution.

It is futile to try to discuss reality with you .... you choose to distort it in order to serve your own self aggrandizement.

Spare_Change is coming around. Apparently he agrees with Bob Gates that you'd need to have your head examined to advise the president to send (52,500) ground troops into a places like Syria in order to do regime change and nation building.

NF 10484515.
"The odds of repeating another Afghanistan or Iraq – invading, pacifying, and administering a large third world country – may be low," .... “the Army also must confront the reality that the most plausible, high-end scenarios for the US military are primarily naval and air engagements – whether in Asia, the Persian Gulf, or elsewhere.” Secretary Bob Gates told the Cadets at West Point.

Sending 52500 US troops into Syria at the outbreak of civil war wouid have been a nutty idea then and is a nutty idea now.

Re: "Wrong to blame Bush for invading Iraq - Right to blame Obama for ISIS invading Iraq" being debunked!

SC 10064688
Spare_change said:
During Desert Storm, we averaged 1100 sorties a day .... our average against ISIS? 7 per day ... please tell me we're serious about this.

Tell me Spare_Change if you think we were bombing the Kuwait military and if there were heavily armed terrorists waiting in the shadows ready to terrorize Kuwaitis into submission to their desire to turn Kuwait into the Capitol of their Caliphate.

I recall that Operation Desert Storm was quite a bit different crisis than the civil war Syria. Those 1100 sorties a day in Kuwait were not targeting terrorists holed up in city like Kobane and other populated areas. They targeted Saddam Hussein's ground army that was exposed in the open desert. We were defending our friend and ally - the government and people of Kuwait.

You are very disoriented and confused on this thread with your comparisons to other wars.

ISIL/ISIS overrunning most of Syria and Iraq....

Yeah right! Your side is losing now so you have to quit bragging them up?

web-kobani-getty.jpg
A Kurdish fighter walks with his child in Kobani after Isis was driven out of the strategic Syrian border townThe failure to hold Kobani represents a major blow to Isis (also known as Islamic State); hopes of a straightforward victory broke down as the costly siege struggled under devastating air strikes by coalition forces and a ground assault by Kurdish militiamen.

Isis admits it was defeated in Kobani but vows to take it back - Middle East - World - The Independent

Bringing some reality to the originator of this thread:

The road from Syria to Mosul has been cut off for DAESH terrorists.

Can you spell Tel Hamees Deltex? You seem to have lost Kobani for your side.

Kurdish Fighters Capture Tel Hamees, ISIS Stronghold In Syria
ZEINA KARAM
AP Posted: 02/27/15 04:02 PM ET Updated: 46 minutes ago
BEIRUT (AP) — Backed by U.S.-led coalition airstrikes, Kurdish fighters fought their way Friday into a northeastern Syrian town that was a key stronghold of Islamic State militants, only days after the group abducted dozens of Christians in the volatile region, Syrian activists and Kurdish officials said.

The victory marks a second blow to the extremist IS group in a month, highlighting the growing role of Syria's Kurds as the most effective fighting force against the Islamic State. In January, Kurdish forces drove IS militants from the town of Kobani near the Turkish border after a months-long fight, dealing a very public defeat to the extremists.

The town of Tel Hamees in Syria's northeastern Hassakeh province is strategically important because it links territory controlled by IS in Syria and Iraq.

Dislodging the group from Tel Hamees cuts a supply line from Iraq, Khalil said.

The push on the town's eastern and southeastern edges came after the Kurdish troops, working with Christian militias and Arab tribal fighters, seized dozens of nearby villages from the Islamic State extremists. U.S.-led coalition forces provided cover, striking at IS infrastructure in the region for days.

The British-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, which relies on a network of activists inside Syria, said IS defenses collapsed and the militants fled after Kurdish fighters broke into Tel Hamees from the east and south.

The Observatory's director, Rami Abdurrahman, said the Kurds seized more than 100 villages around Tel Hamees and that ground battles and air strikes around the town have killed at least 175 IS fighters in the past several days in some of the latest losses for the group since Kobani.

In Syria, they have teamed up with moderate rebels for territorial gains against the group.

Associated Press writers Ashraf Khalil in Beirut and Angela Charlton in Paris contributed to this report.

Kurdish Fighters Capture Tel Hamees ISIS Stronghold In Syria

Yo Deltex - Can you spell Raqqa?

ISIS getting theirs sorry asses kicked by Wonan's Protection Units and female commanders.

Photo credit: Amy Austin Holmes

Last week, the grip was loosened.Kurdish Women’s Protection Units (YPJ) and People’s Protection Units (YPG) liberated Tel Abyad, known in Kurdish as Gire Spi. In a double pincer movement, military units moving from Cezira in the east and Kobane in the west forced out IS fighters. In doing so they created a corridor connecting Kobane and Ceziracantons.This means that for the first time, two of the three previously geographically isolated cantons are now united. Kobane, the symbolic heartland of the Rojava revolution in Syria, is now linked to Iraqi Kurdistan.The eastern front is in the process of being cleared of IS militants.

And the Kurdush women are not wearing headscarves.

. The four-month-long battle to liberate Kobane was a watershed event.The local conflict was turned into an international one involving Kurdish YPJ and YPG militias, Iraqi Peshmerga, Free Syrian Army brigades, and coalition-led airstrikes. However, the current military operations may be even more decisive. This is primarily for three reasons. First, the geographical area under Kurdish control has expanded.Second, it is now possible to transfer vital resources from Cezira to Kobane such as petrol, which has become a scarce and expensive commodity in Kobane. The corridor will also allow people to travel more easily from one canton to the next, thereby increasing the viability of the Rojava project more generally. And third, by liberating Tel Abyad, the Kurds have cut a vital supply route to Raqqa, the capital of the Islamic State.In short, the victory of Tel Abyad ended the encirclement of Kobane, drove out ISIS, and made the Rojava revolution more viable. This decisive military victory was at least in part due to the leadership of women. According to YPJ Commander Rengin, there were five female commanders in the eastern front around Tel Abyad, and only two male commanders.

". And third, by liberating Tel Abyad, the Kurds have cut a vital supply route to Raqqa, the capital of the Islamic StateYo Deltex - Can you spell Raqqa?

Last edited:
deltex 9904192
. No airstrikes by the Unprecedented Coalition. Unprecedented stupidity on the part of the administration.

Yo! Deltex! Can you spell Ramadi?
10000 against 300...how long did it take and how hard can it be, Foo? And why is Hillary braying about forming a coalition...doesn't she know there already is one?

The Boy King should be paying attention to how Russia and Putin are waging war, he may learn something. Obama is in over his head

Forum List

Back