You are required by law to own a gun

Obamacare is based on the fact that at some point, all of us will need medical care and that others should not be paying for it hand over fist. We pay taxes for a constabulary that effectively limits crime and promotes public safety.

Non-starter.

That being said, I'd pay the tax, happily. No need to endanger me or my family or my neighbors by having a firearm in the house.

The only way you would endanger anyone with a firearm is if you chose to endanger them

I and many people I know own guns and have for decades and none of them have ever endangered anyone with their firearms

That you know of. Which is great.

It hasn't happened at all

And all those folks Adam Lanza mowed down using his "responsible" mother's guns.
And you are likely no smarter than she is so please....pay the tax.

She was a responsible gun owner...never hurt a fly. Just taught her angelic son how to shoot a weapon....

adam-lanza_2776421b.jpg

Ain't he cute?

I wonder how many pictures just like that the RWNJ's and gun nuts have with their sons and daughters.
That's why you shouldn't even be allowed to drive on the roads. You operate on pure emotion, no thoughts apparently run through your shrill spongebrain. She had a kid with deep psychological problems (probably from her) let him play violent games and have access to her weapon. Take the bus, moron.

Just reciting the "facts".

Most gun owners never hurt anyone. She never hurt anyone.
Most gun owners involve their kids and pass on their guns as if they were passing on a kidney to them. Exactly what she did.
Most gun owners were allegedly appalled by the picture above. Yet I would imagine that if you gave truth serum to the gun nuts here, you'd find similar photos on their I-phones.
I called you a moron for a reason. You didn't even understand what I said. You thought I said she didn't hurt anyone so she was OK.

Look, you are clearly too stupid to own a firearm. You wouldn't know how to secure it or even when or if you should. If you drive on public roads we are in trouble.

Obamacare is based on the fact that at some point, all of us will need medical care and that others should not be paying for it hand over fist. We pay taxes for a constabulary that effectively limits crime and promotes public safety.

Non-starter.

That being said, I'd pay the tax, happily. No need to endanger me or my family or my neighbors by having a firearm in the house.

The only way you would endanger anyone with a firearm is if you chose to endanger them

I and many people I know own guns and have for decades and none of them have ever endangered anyone with their firearms

That you know of.

Just out of curiosity...the lines you see in the morning outside of Dicks Sporting Goods to buy weaponry...do you think that those 30-50 people are all as responsible as you and your decades long friends?

In a few years (if not months), we're going to have shootouts on the freeways from people cutting each other off in traffic; gunfights over parking spaces and probably some posters on message boards will try to track down others whom they disagree with. I'm hoping that e-commerce eliminates the Black Friday fights because there will likely be a massacre over a Samsung TV next year.

Then someone who is a liberal will suggest that we teach conflict resolution (without guns) in the gun safety courses. And there will be lot of folks who will say that it infringes on their 2nd Amendment.

And all those folks Adam Lanza mowed down using his "responsible" mother's guns.
And you are likely no smarter than she is so please....pay the tax.

She was a responsible gun owner...never hurt a fly. Just taught her angelic son how to shoot a weapon....

adam-lanza_2776421b.jpg

Ain't he cute?

I wonder how many pictures just like that the RWNJ's and gun nuts have with their sons and daughters.
That's why you shouldn't even be allowed to drive on the roads. You operate on pure emotion, no thoughts apparently run through your shrill spongebrain. She had a kid with deep psychological problems (probably from her) let him play violent games and have access to her weapon. Take the bus, moron.

Just reciting the "facts".

Most gun owners never hurt anyone. She never hurt anyone.
Most gun owners involve their kids and pass on their guns as if they were passing on a kidney to them. Exactly what she did.
Most gun owners were allegedly appalled by the picture above. Yet I would imagine that if you gave truth serum to the gun nuts here, you'd find similar photos on their I-phones.
I called you a moron for a reason. You didn't even understand what I said. You thought I said she didn't hurt anyone so she was OK.
No sir. I'm using the arguments I've heard for 3 years now on this message board. What you said is inmaterial.

Assume for the moment...

Congress has exercised its Article 1 Section 8 powers to provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, by requiring all able bodied citizens legally able to own a gun to buy, at their own expense. a rifle suitable for use with the militia, ammunition and magazines suitable for this purpose, and regularly train with it.

Specifically-
-The rifle must be semi-auto or select fire with a detachable magazine chambered in 5.56x45m 7.62x51 or 7.62x39. It must be a derivative of any service rifle put into service on or after1950 (more broadly, for those of you who know little about firearms -- an 'assault weapon').. The citizen must also acquire sufficient 20-30 round magazines to carry a basic load of 300 rounds of suitable ammunition, as well as 500 rounds of said ammunition; if 20-30 rd magazines are not available for the riffle in question, the largest capacity magazine will suffice.

-Citizens must train with their rifle at least every other year by attending the US military's Small Arms Firing School; or equivalent. The year in which citizens are required to attend based on the eve/odd last digit of their SSN.

-Citizens not meeting these criteria will pay a tax of $2500 in every year that they fail meet these requirements; revenue from this tax will subsidize the cost of those schools and fund a program for those who who seek to comply with the law but are economically unable to do so.

-The Federal requirement for the purchase and possession of an 'assault weapon' and magazines supersedes any state or local regulations to the contrary.

Question:
Would you buy an 'assault weapon' and 'hi-cap magazines' and train with it, or would you pay the tax?

Nothing says "I love you " like owning a gun with a carry permit. The legal and responsible gun owner takes it upon themselves to foot the responsibility as last line of defense, for those who choose not to.

Thank you guys

Non-starter.

That you know of.

Just out of curiosity...the lines you see in the morning outside of Dicks Sporting Goods to buy weaponry...do you think that those 30-50 people are all as responsible as you and your decades long friends?

In a few years (if not months), we're going to have shootouts on the freeways from people cutting each other off in traffic; gunfights over parking spaces and probably some posters on message boards will try to track down others whom they disagree with. I'm hoping that e-commerce eliminates the Black Friday fights because there will likely be a massacre over a Samsung TV next year.

Then someone who is a liberal will suggest that we teach conflict resolution (without guns) in the gun safety courses. And there will be lot of folks who will say that it infringes on their 2nd Amendment.

Couldn't say and gun ownership has been on the rise while violent crime has been on the decline

So if you can predict all these highway shootouts then you must know the winning numbers for the next power ball so why don't you win the lottery and then you can hire all the armed guards you need to protect you from the other people with guns that scare you so mich

Assume for the moment...

Congress has exercised its Article 1 Section 8 powers to provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, by requiring all able bodied citizens legally able to own a gun to buy, at their own expense. a rifle suitable for use with the militia, ammunition and magazines suitable for this purpose, and regularly train with it.

Specifically-
-The rifle must be semi-auto or select fire with a detachable magazine chambered in 5.56x45m 7.62x51 or 7.62x39. It must be a derivative of any service rifle put into service on or after1950 (more broadly, for those of you who know little about firearms -- an 'assault weapon').. The citizen must also acquire sufficient 20-30 round magazines to carry a basic load of 300 rounds of suitable ammunition, as well as 500 rounds of said ammunition; if 20-30 rd magazines are not available for the riffle in question, the largest capacity magazine will suffice.

-Citizens must train with their rifle at least every other year by attending the US military's Small Arms Firing School; or equivalent. The year in which citizens are required to attend based on the eve/odd last digit of their SSN.

-Citizens not meeting these criteria will pay a tax of $2500 in every year that they fail meet these requirements; revenue from this tax will subsidize the cost of those schools and fund a program for those who who seek to comply with the law but are economically unable to do so.

-The Federal requirement for the purchase and possession of an 'assault weapon' and magazines supersedes any state or local regulations to the contrary.

Question:
Would you buy an 'assault weapon' and 'hi-cap magazines' and train with it, or would you pay the tax?
I would buy the assault weapon and train. Its pretty fun to play war games.

Non-starter.

That you know of.

Couldn't say and gun ownership has been on the rise while violent crime has been on the decline

So if you can predict all these highway shootouts then you must know the winning numbers for the next power ball so why don't you win the lottery and then you can hire all the armed guards you need to protect you from the other people with guns that scare you so mich

Well, that's nothing new...Carson did a monologue about freeway shootouts in LA once. When we have this many new gun owners, this many people who have no social skills, and are buying into this much hatred...it's going to manifest itself in various ways.

I just predicted 3 of them. There will be many more manifestations.

That you know of.

Well, that's nothing new...Carson did a monologue about freeway shootouts in LA once. When we have this many new gun owners, this many people who have no social skills, and are buying into this much hatred...it's going to manifest itself in various ways.

I just predicted 3 of them. There will be many more manifestations.

Get back to me when you're a millionaire

Assume for the moment...

Specifically-

Question:
This fails as a false comparison fallacy: everyone benefits from access to affordable healthcare, not everyone is capable of complying with this 'law.'

For example, there are many for whom neither option is appropriate – not everyone is capable of meeting the firearm requirement due to age or disability; not everyone will be able to meet the tax requirement, and not everyone would be capable of meeting the training requirement.

The ACA, in contrast, doesn't require one to purchase health insurance if he can't afford it through the exchange, and he's not subject to the tax.

Indeed, in order for your 'proposal' to be feasible, the government would either need to purchase for the low income citizen the appropriate weapon, or not subject him to the tax.

Moreover, there will need to be a religious or ethical exemption similar to those not subject to a military draft.

Overall, the thread premise fails as it is poorly conceived and not well thought out.

Assume for the moment...

Specifically-

Question:

Oh, look. He's trying to compare health insurance to gun ownership. That's adorable...

Assume for the moment...

Specifically-

Question:

Oh, look. He's trying to compare health insurance to gun ownership. That's adorable...
Assume for the moment...

Specifically-

Question:

At least he attempted to conceal it though not very well.

No sir. I'm using the arguments I've heard for 3 years now on this message board. What you said is inmaterial.
Dumbcvnt. You're responding to my post for something you read on the board (whick you likeely couldn't understand either) and ignore what I said. You are immaterial. Too stupid to own a firearm. Don't take your infantile frustrations out on responsible people.

Non-starter.

And with over 357 million guns in private hands now...and only 505 accidental gun deaths in 2013......gun accidents are not a problem..since American gun owners who are normal, are extremely responsible.

They were to 505 people. And all those folks Adam Lanza mowed down using his "responsible" mother's guns.

Sandy_Hook_Victims_2.jpg

It won't inform the callous conservatives who only give a damn about themselves and their rights. These children and their teachers lost the fundamental right to life.

Sadly they are not alone, and they will be joined by other innocents whose life will be taken, a direct result of the cowardice, dispassion and insouciance of the NRA, The Congress and the Five Members of the Supreme Court whose misfeasance on gun control and campaign finance reform is wrong headed and despicable.

Assume for the moment...

Specifically-

Question:
This fails as a false comparison fallacy: everyone benefits from access to affordable healthcare, not everyone is capable of complying with this 'law.'
I don't see your response to the question.

Assume for the moment...

Specifically-

Question:

Actually, I'm not.
I also don;t see your response to the question.

You drive by a shooting range and see Farook, Kleibold, Harris, Lanza, and that most recent nutbag in Colorado punching paper and you shrugh your shoulders. You don't know they are practicing for an attack and think they are just your run of the mill idiots flexing their only usable muscles.
Speaking of fantasy worlds...
Given the extraordinarily tiny fraction of guns used to commit murder, why, other than your irrational fear of guns, would you assume anyone practicing at a shooting range is planning to do just that?

Forum List

Back