You are required by law to own a gun

So we should all be treated as the lowest common denominator? Because some hot head will use a gun inappropriately, all gun owners can and should be treated as such?

There are around 100,000,000 gun owners in the US who won't shoot anyone today and who won't be irresponsible with their firearms. Why are they automatically lumped in with the criminals and people who leave their guns where kids can get them and people who commit suicide? Should we automatically treat everyone who goes to church as being in a cult or everyone who writes a short story as writing The Turner Diaries 2 or some other hate-filled screed?

So we should all be treated as the lowest common denominator? Because some hot head will use a gun inappropriately, all gun owners can and should be treated as such?

There are around 100,000,000 gun owners in the US who won't shoot anyone today and who won't be irresponsible with their firearms. Why are they automatically lumped in with the criminals and people who leave their guns where kids can get them and people who commit suicide? Should we automatically treat everyone who goes to church as being in a cult or everyone who writes a short story as writing The Turner Diaries 2 or some other hate-filled screed?

Who said that?

Who said that?

Your stories of a guy buying a gun at Dick's or Academy and then looking for the first gun fight to get into says as much.

It hasn't happened at all

That you know of.

Just out of curiosity...the lines you see in the morning outside of Dicks Sporting Goods to buy weaponry...do you think that those 30-50 people are all as responsible as you and your decades long friends?

In a few years (if not months), we're going to have shootouts on the freeways from people cutting each other off in traffic; gunfights over parking spaces and probably some posters on message boards will try to track down others whom they disagree with. I'm hoping that e-commerce eliminates the Black Friday fights because there will likely be a massacre over a Samsung TV next year.

Then someone who is a liberal will suggest that we teach conflict resolution (without guns) in the gun safety courses. And there will be lot of folks who will say that it infringes on their 2nd Amendment.

Couldn't say and gun ownership has been on the rise while violent crime has been on the decline

So if you can predict all these highway shootouts then you must know the winning numbers for the next power ball so why don't you win the lottery and then you can hire all the armed guards you need to protect you from the other people with guns that scare you so mich

Well, that's nothing new...Carson did a monologue about freeway shootouts in LA once. When we have this many new gun owners, this many people who have no social skills, and are buying into this much hatred...it's going to manifest itself in various ways.

I just predicted 3 of them. There will be many more manifestations.

Get back to me when you're a millionaire

Shouldn't be long.... I hope I'm wrong that all of these people are level headed and aren't going to carry it around in their glove compartment or beneath their car seat. I think we both know better.

No you think you know better than everyone else

not true.

That you know of.

Just out of curiosity...the lines you see in the morning outside of Dicks Sporting Goods to buy weaponry...do you think that those 30-50 people are all as responsible as you and your decades long friends?

In a few years (if not months), we're going to have shootouts on the freeways from people cutting each other off in traffic; gunfights over parking spaces and probably some posters on message boards will try to track down others whom they disagree with. I'm hoping that e-commerce eliminates the Black Friday fights because there will likely be a massacre over a Samsung TV next year.

Then someone who is a liberal will suggest that we teach conflict resolution (without guns) in the gun safety courses. And there will be lot of folks who will say that it infringes on their 2nd Amendment.

Couldn't say and gun ownership has been on the rise while violent crime has been on the decline

So if you can predict all these highway shootouts then you must know the winning numbers for the next power ball so why don't you win the lottery and then you can hire all the armed guards you need to protect you from the other people with guns that scare you so mich

Well, that's nothing new...Carson did a monologue about freeway shootouts in LA once. When we have this many new gun owners, this many people who have no social skills, and are buying into this much hatred...it's going to manifest itself in various ways.

Shouldn't be long.... I hope I'm wrong that all of these people are level headed and aren't going to carry it around in their glove compartment or beneath their car seat. I think we both know better.

not true.

Well, that isn't the case but I'm pretty sure if you looked at a situation soberly, you would come to the same conclusions.

Actually, I'm not.
Then what are you doing?
Asking a question and looking for your answer.
And when you get answers that don't buy into your scenario, you're not going to say "Hah, but you'll bend over for Obamacare!"?
Still looking for your answer.
Still waiting for you to state that your scenario isn't intended to be a "Gotcha."
Your avoidance of the question is so noted. Thanks for playing.

Who said that?

Your stories of a guy buying a gun at Dick's or Academy and then looking for the first gun fight to get into says as much.

Never said that. If you can't be intelligent at least try to be honest.

That you know of.

not true.

Actually it can be argued that it already started. A waitress was gunned down after telling a gun toting weirdo he couldn't smoke in the Waffle House.

Assume for the moment...

Congress has exercised its Article 1 Section 8 powers to provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, by requiring all able bodied citizens legally able to own a gun to buy, at their own expense. a rifle suitable for use with the militia, ammunition and magazines suitable for this purpose, and regularly train with it.

Specifically-
-The rifle must be semi-auto or select fire with a detachable magazine chambered in 5.56x45m 7.62x51 or 7.62x39. It must be a derivative of any service rifle put into service on or after1950 (more broadly, for those of you who know little about firearms -- an 'assault weapon').. The citizen must also acquire sufficient 20-30 round magazines to carry a basic load of 300 rounds of suitable ammunition, as well as 500 rounds of said ammunition; if 20-30 rd magazines are not available for the riffle in question, the largest capacity magazine will suffice.

-Citizens must train with their rifle at least every other year by attending the US military's Small Arms Firing School; or equivalent. The year in which citizens are required to attend based on the eve/odd last digit of their SSN.

-Citizens not meeting these criteria will pay a tax of $2500 in every year that they fail meet these requirements; revenue from this tax will subsidize the cost of those schools and fund a program for those who who seek to comply with the law but are economically unable to do so.

-The Federal requirement for the purchase and possession of an 'assault weapon' and magazines supersedes any state or local regulations to the contrary.

Question:
Would you buy an 'assault weapon' and 'hi-cap magazines' and train with it, or would you pay the tax?

Real time photo of gun ownership by everyone....

^That's how I picture these All Guns All the Time sissies...crouching and crawling and constantly expecting to be attacked.

I walk out my front door with my head up and my shoulders back. I've never carried and I never will. I won't ever cower in my bunker twitching at every sound, either.

There's something wrong with people who say "I'm strong because I gots gunz" and when you ask them "so, somebody who feels strong without guns is stronger than you?" they say "Fuck you fucking leftist progressive liberal you're a chickenshit coward because you don't got gunz!"

Unassailable logic, that.

Assume for the moment...

Congress has exercised its Article 1 Section 8 powers to provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, by requiring all able bodied citizens legally able to own a gun to buy, at their own expense. a rifle suitable for use with the militia, ammunition and magazines suitable for this purpose, and regularly train with it.

Specifically-
-The rifle must be semi-auto or select fire with a detachable magazine chambered in 5.56x45m 7.62x51 or 7.62x39. It must be a derivative of any service rifle put into service on or after1950 (more broadly, for those of you who know little about firearms -- an 'assault weapon').. The citizen must also acquire sufficient 20-30 round magazines to carry a basic load of 300 rounds of suitable ammunition, as well as 500 rounds of said ammunition; if 20-30 rd magazines are not available for the riffle in question, the largest capacity magazine will suffice.

-Citizens must train with their rifle at least every other year by attending the US military's Small Arms Firing School; or equivalent. The year in which citizens are required to attend based on the eve/odd last digit of their SSN.

-Citizens not meeting these criteria will pay a tax of $2500 in every year that they fail meet these requirements; revenue from this tax will subsidize the cost of those schools and fund a program for those who who seek to comply with the law but are economically unable to do so.

-The Federal requirement for the purchase and possession of an 'assault weapon' and magazines supersedes any state or local regulations to the contrary.

Question:
Would you buy an 'assault weapon' and 'hi-cap magazines' and train with it, or would you pay the tax?

Dude, in the "real" world, most gun owner's in order to protect themselves, often shoot "unarmed" victims. In the real world gun owners guns too often kill unintended victims, family members...in the real world, gun owners are often without their weapons when greeted with gun violence and in the real world....the first order of business, as humans, is to run for cover and then contemplating your next move....now you imagine that little scenario and you tell me, should ever fool in this country own guns?

^That's how I picture these All Guns All the Time sissies...crouching and crawling and constantly expecting to be attacked.

I walk out my front door with my head up and my shoulders back. I've never carried and I never will. I won't ever cower in my bunker twitching at every sound, either.

There's something wrong with people who say "I'm strong because I gots gunz" and when you ask them "so, somebody who feels strong without guns is stronger than you?" they say "Fuck you fucking leftist progressive liberal you're a chickenshit coward because you don't got gunz!"

Its definitely a fear response. Its probably the strongest instinct we have as humans. Politicians know this and use it to their advantage. One would think the far right wackos would figure it out by now but I guess people lacking in intellect must rely on instinct.

Its definitely a fear response. Its probably the strongest instinct we have a humans. Politicians know this and use it to their advantage. One would think the far right wackos would figure it out by now but I guess people lacking in intellect must rely on instinct.

Michael Moore said it best.....as long as we keep the American people in fear, uneducated and unhealthy,...politicians pretty much OWN us and how we think!! Something the right has mastered to a form of art!!

Its definitely a fear response. Its probably the strongest instinct we have a humans. Politicians know this and use it to their advantage. One would think the far right wackos would figure it out by now but I guess people lacking in intellect must rely on instinct.

Michael Moore said it best.....as long as we keep the American people in fear, uneducated and unhealthy,...politicians pretty much OWN us and how we think!! Something the right has mastered to a form of art!!
Naw. This Nazi said it best. This reflects exactly whats going on in this country today.

quote-the-people-can-always-be-brought-to-the-bidding-of-the-leaders-tell-them-they-are-being-hermann-goring-55-15-66.jpg

not true.

Well, that isn't the case but I'm pretty sure if you looked at a situation soberly, you would come to the same conclusions.

How can I when gun ownership is rising and there haven't been shootouts on the highways at all in fact viloent crime and murder rates have both been dropping

not true.

Actually it can be argued that it already started. A waitress was gunned down after telling a gun toting weirdo he couldn't smoke in the Waffle House.

No the numbers prove you wrong

Both violent crime and murders have decreased while gun ownership has increased just look at the numbers over the last 2 decades

It's unassailable because you pulled it out of your ass. The real stupidity comes from you thinking it would come across as remotely credible.

not true.

Yeah…..someone who was illegally carrying…right? I happened to call that waffle house corporate headquarters on this story…….I was told that this chain asks people not to carry guns in their restaurants…so it too was a gun free zone.

Assume for the moment...

Specifically-

Question:

Real time photo of gun ownership by everyone....

Since they are bikers and criminals at that odds are that none of them can legally carry a gun since convicted felons can't carry…so again, you are wrong….completely wrong..try to find actual normal gun owners and not criminals…it will make your point more intelligent.

Forum List

Back