You are required by law to own a gun

Assume for the moment...

Congress has exercised its Article 1 Section 8 powers to provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, by requiring all able bodied citizens legally able to own a gun to buy, at their own expense. a rifle suitable for use with the militia, ammunition and magazines suitable for this purpose, and regularly train with it.

Specifically-
-The rifle must be semi-auto or select fire with a detachable magazine chambered in 5.56x45m 7.62x51 or 7.62x39. It must be a derivative of any service rifle put into service on or after1950 (more broadly, for those of you who know little about firearms -- an 'assault weapon').. The citizen must also acquire sufficient 20-30 round magazines to carry a basic load of 300 rounds of suitable ammunition, as well as 500 rounds of said ammunition; if 20-30 rd magazines are not available for the riffle in question, the largest capacity magazine will suffice.

-Citizens must train with their rifle at least every other year by attending the US military's Small Arms Firing School; or equivalent. The year in which citizens are required to attend based on the eve/odd last digit of their SSN.

-Citizens not meeting these criteria will pay a tax of $2500 in every year that they fail meet these requirements; revenue from this tax will subsidize the cost of those schools and fund a program for those who who seek to comply with the law but are economically unable to do so.

-The Federal requirement for the purchase and possession of an 'assault weapon' and magazines supersedes any state or local regulations to the contrary.

Question:
Would you buy an 'assault weapon' and 'hi-cap magazines' and train with it, or would you pay the tax?

I would not buy an "assault weapon", because there is a far superior rifle that meets those criteria:
M1-Garand-Rifle.jpg

Assume for the moment...

Congress has exercised its Article 1 Section 8 powers to provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, by requiring all able bodied citizens legally able to own a gun to buy, at their own expense. a rifle suitable for use with the militia, ammunition and magazines suitable for this purpose, and regularly train with it.

Specifically-
-The rifle must be semi-auto or select fire with a detachable magazine chambered in 5.56x45m 7.62x51 or 7.62x39. It must be a derivative of any service rifle put into service on or after1950 (more broadly, for those of you who know little about firearms -- an 'assault weapon').. The citizen must also acquire sufficient 20-30 round magazines to carry a basic load of 300 rounds of suitable ammunition, as well as 500 rounds of said ammunition; if 20-30 rd magazines are not available for the riffle in question, the largest capacity magazine will suffice.

-Citizens must train with their rifle at least every other year by attending the US military's Small Arms Firing School; or equivalent. The year in which citizens are required to attend based on the eve/odd last digit of their SSN.

-Citizens not meeting these criteria will pay a tax of $2500 in every year that they fail meet these requirements; revenue from this tax will subsidize the cost of those schools and fund a program for those who who seek to comply with the law but are economically unable to do so.

-The Federal requirement for the purchase and possession of an 'assault weapon' and magazines supersedes any state or local regulations to the contrary.

Question:
Would you buy an 'assault weapon' and 'hi-cap magazines' and train with it, or would you pay the tax?

I would not buy an "assault weapon", because there is a far superior rifle that meets those criteria:
M1-Garand-Rifle.jpg
UNfortunately, this does not have a detachable magazine.
You'll have to settle for an M14/M1A.
:)

Feelings have nothing to do with it. And I'm an individual last I checked and I haven't seen anyone make your claims. Obviously people are safer armed than unarmed, who would argue the point?

Statistically you're less safe. So it really is just about feelings.

So you feel safe because you have guns, and I feel safe even without a gun. No point in asking you which of us has more autonomy, because you don't dare answer.

There's a law. You have 2 ways to comply with the law, as noted on the OP.
Which do you choose?

I choose to wonder what the hell I'm doing in Switzerland.

Feelings have nothing to do with it. And I'm an individual last I checked and I haven't seen anyone make your claims. Obviously people are safer armed than unarmed, who would argue the point?
Statistically you're less safe. So it really is just about feelings.
You're an idiot and make it clearer with every post. I'm not a statistic, you asked if I was safer with a gun or not. You soiling your panties about gun ownership is all about feelings and your smug attitude won't hide it. The bottom line is I have my guns and your opinion doesn't fit into the equation. Tough shit Bucko.

Obamacare is based on the fact that at some point, all of us will need medical care and that others should not be paying for it hand over fist. We pay taxes for a constabulary that effectively limits crime and promotes public safety.

Non-starter.

That being said, I'd pay the tax, happily. No need to endanger me or my family or my neighbors by having a firearm in the house.

The only way you would endanger anyone with a firearm is if you chose to endanger them

I and many people I know own guns and have for decades and none of them have ever endangered anyone with their firearms

That you know of. Which is great.

It hasn't happened at all

That you know of.

Just out of curiosity...the lines you see in the morning outside of Dicks Sporting Goods to buy weaponry...do you think that those 30-50 people are all as responsible as you and your decades long friends?

In a few years (if not months), we're going to have shootouts on the freeways from people cutting each other off in traffic; gunfights over parking spaces and probably some posters on message boards will try to track down others whom they disagree with. I'm hoping that e-commerce eliminates the Black Friday fights because there will likely be a massacre over a Samsung TV next year.

Then someone who is a liberal will suggest that we teach conflict resolution (without guns) in the gun safety courses. And there will be lot of folks who will say that it infringes on their 2nd Amendment.

Couldn't say and gun ownership has been on the rise while violent crime has been on the decline

So if you can predict all these highway shootouts then you must know the winning numbers for the next power ball so why don't you win the lottery and then you can hire all the armed guards you need to protect you from the other people with guns that scare you so mich

So it begins...

2 Dead in Apparent Road Rage Shooting on Oklahoma Highway

The only way you would endanger anyone with a firearm is if you chose to endanger them

I and many people I know own guns and have for decades and none of them have ever endangered anyone with their firearms

That you know of.

Just out of curiosity...the lines you see in the morning outside of Dicks Sporting Goods to buy weaponry...do you think that those 30-50 people are all as responsible as you and your decades long friends?

In a few years (if not months), we're going to have shootouts on the freeways from people cutting each other off in traffic; gunfights over parking spaces and probably some posters on message boards will try to track down others whom they disagree with. I'm hoping that e-commerce eliminates the Black Friday fights because there will likely be a massacre over a Samsung TV next year.

Then someone who is a liberal will suggest that we teach conflict resolution (without guns) in the gun safety courses. And there will be lot of folks who will say that it infringes on their 2nd Amendment.

Couldn't say and gun ownership has been on the rise while violent crime has been on the decline

So if you can predict all these highway shootouts then you must know the winning numbers for the next power ball so why don't you win the lottery and then you can hire all the armed guards you need to protect you from the other people with guns that scare you so mich

So it begins...

Yeah a real trend

That you know of.

So it begins...

Yeah a real trend

Hope not.

That you know of.

So it begins...

Yeah a real trend

Hope not.
It's not

That you know of.

So it begins...

Yeah a real trend

Hope not.
It's not
you think you know better than everyone else

not true.

So it begins...

Yeah a real trend

Hope not.
It's not

not true.
Funny you're the one making predictions of a trend on a single incident seems to me you think you know something

you don't

Funny you're the one making predictions of a trend on a single incident seems to me you think you know something

you don't

We both do. You put a deadly weapon (which every gun has the potential of being) into more hands, and you'll have more deaths. Sorry.

not true.

you don't

We both do. You put a deadly weapon (which every gun has the potential of being) into more hands, and you'll have more deaths. Sorry.
The numbers prove you wrong as gun ownership has risen murders and violent crimes have both decreased

Sorry

Assume for the moment...

Specifically-

Question:

you might want to post "hi capacity clips" --LOL since the left doesnt know what the fck they are talking about

when it comes to firearms

--LOL

not true.

you don't

does every bat have that same potential

every car

every knife

every single piece of rope

how about electrical cords do they have the potential of being a deadly weapon

not true.

you don't

every car

every knife

Don't forget every hand and foot

More people are killed annually by fists and feet than by all types of rifles combined including those scary "assault" rifles

not true.

you don't

every car

every knife

And an effective range of how far you can throw them... But since you brought it up; more cars = more car wrecks. Insurance rates for teens (less experienced drivers) are almost always higher than it is for more experienced drivers. Apparently the Insurance companies are making predictions too...

not true.

you don't

The numbers prove you wrong as gun ownership has risen murders and violent crimes have both decreased

Sorry

And what has happened to the prison population....

not true.

you don't

every car

every knife

And an effective range of how far you can throw them... But since you brought it up; more cars = more car wrecks. Insurance rates for teens (less experienced drivers) are almost always higher than it is for more experienced drivers. Apparently the Insurance companies are making predictions too...

nice dodge asshole

not true.

you don't

Sorry

And what has happened to the prison population....

Who the fuck cares?

Forum List

Back