you can thank the Unions

no con is offering to tell us how they plan on killing unions in this country?

Because it is YOU that is saying others call for that.... funny that I have heard no 'con' call for making unions ILLEGAL or to be 'killed'.... but that forced membership as a prerequisite for a job with company X is wrong... and that people should simply have the freedom to join or to negotiate their own benefits and compensation all on their own, even if the unions don't like it and even if they lose power because of it

Nah.. I'll stick to the job I worked my way into... after years in the Army, years in the trenches as a low level tech working overnights running cable in sub zero temps, after years of sleepless nights working 30 40 or even 50 hours straight, etc...

I did my jobs in the military where you would have shit your pants, silly boy... and gladly eaten things that would make a billygoat puke to keep doing more things that would have had you crawling home to mama

No one gives a shit. You aren't unique nor exemplary.

Uh huh... but tough guy talk from a prison guard makes all the difference :rolleyes:

What a troll you still are

Nah.. I'll stick to the job I worked my way into... after years in the Army, years in the trenches as a low level tech working overnights running cable in sub zero temps, after years of sleepless nights working 30 40 or even 50 hours straight, etc...

I did my jobs in the military where you would have shit your pants, silly boy... and gladly eaten things that would make a billygoat puke to keep doing more things that would have had you crawling home to mama

Because you've done the same shit millions of the rest of us have done? Fucker thinks he's Rambo!

They are killing themselves, which is why they need all those laws to force people to join them.

Something else we can thank unions for.

Wrong, Quantum Sheep. Let's look at Czar Kasich of Ohio as a prime example. And when it went to vote, the people shoved it back up his ass almost to the tune of 70%. If these cocksuckers want to destroy the middle class, they're going to have to fight harder.

John Kasich on public unions: ?I want to break the back of teachers unions?

As most Americans know and understand in a democracy numbers give strength. Veterans join veteran's organizations for the strength even disabled veterans have an organization. Medical doctors join the AMA, lawyers the ABA, teachers the NEA, actors the Screen Actors Guild, parents the PTA, manufacturers the NAM, business the Chamber of Commerce and on and on.
The question I have is why the new war by conservatives on labor and teacher unions, what is their goal, and why?

War on unions by conservatives?
New?
Union membership had been declining in the US since 1954.
Conservatives did not have anything to do with it. It's the unions themselves, that have caused the people to leave them.

Many laws and organizations have been created by problems. Laws, for example, are often created to answer a problem and so it was with labor unions. When government finally allowed labor unions to exist the problems eased. As labor problems eased the need for labor unions eased. Return labor conditions to America's early days and labor unions will increase--if the government allows it, and perhaps that's the goal of conservatives today, destroy unions and the laws by which they exist?

Reining in unsustainable government and city pensions is not destroying the unions.
Even Dem Governors and Mayors are doing it in their cities and States.
Would you rather see the pension funds go bankrupt, or rein them in, so that they have a pesnion, that tax payers can afford.
No one is advocating the fair labor laws to be repealed.

Last edited:
By nine children are already capable of committing crime.

Boys, one 9 years old, rob 2 12-year-olds at Chicago McDonalds - UPI.com

Cops: Boy, 9, among group arrested for Skyway restaurant stickups - Chicago Tribune

A 9-year-old arrested; accused of threatening a cashier with a knife | More Local News - KITV Home

9 Year-Old Robs A Bank - FanBox.com

Here's a 7 year old gunman

Boys, 7 and 11, tried to rob and carjack woman at gunpoint - KPTV - FOX 12

There is no reason why a child old enough to commit a robbery, particularly an armed robbery can't be picking strawberries in the fields. Children used to be sent to apprenticeship at 7 years old to start learning a useful trade.

This would be a great idea today. Then we wouldn't have to pay for the little fuckers to go to school past the 2nd grade.

By nine children are already capable of committing crime.

Boys, one 9 years old, rob 2 12-year-olds at Chicago McDonalds - UPI.com

Cops: Boy, 9, among group arrested for Skyway restaurant stickups - Chicago Tribune

A 9-year-old arrested; accused of threatening a cashier with a knife | More Local News - KITV Home

9 Year-Old Robs A Bank - FanBox.com

Here's a 7 year old gunman

Boys, 7 and 11, tried to rob and carjack woman at gunpoint - KPTV - FOX 12

There is no reason why a child old enough to commit a robbery, particularly an armed robbery can't be picking strawberries in the fields. Children used to be sent to apprenticeship at 7 years old to start learning a useful trade.

This would be a great idea today. Then we wouldn't have to pay for the little fuckers to go to school past the 2nd grade.

Forced schooling beyond a certain point is fruitless. Research John Taylor Gatto for the history as to why we have forced schooling.

The insolvency of the post office.
The insolvency of the state of California
Detroit, Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore

Let's hear it for unions!

the Unions are not the bad guys with the Post Office.....

Oh yes they are.
It was the Postal Union that went to congress in 2006, to get the bill passed for the pre funding for future retireee pensions & health care.

NALC Bulletin - January 27, 2006

Even some of the employees were for it.
“On behalf of 330,000 active postal employees who deliver mail on city and rural routes across America, we urge the United State Senate to swiftly pass S. 662, the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act. The NALC and the NRLCA believe this long-overdue legislation will ensure the strength and viability of the U.S. Postal Service for decades to come.”
i think you read the bill wrong Peach....

Key Provisions

The bill would preserve six-day delivery and universal service while protecting postal employees’ collective bargaining rights. It would also repeal the Postal Service’s obligation to make a $3 billion per year contribution to an escrow account while reversing the unfair allocation of military pension costs to the USPS. NALC had hoped the legislation would pass quickly this year so that the problems remaining in the legislation could be worked out in a House-Senate conference committee.

This is the place to put your thanks to worker unions.

You can thank the unions for a 40 hour work week.

lets see just how many things this country can be thankful to unions for

the list will be very long

You only work 40 hours a week?

As most Americans know and understand in a democracy numbers give strength. Veterans join veteran's organizations for the strength even disabled veterans have an organization. Medical doctors join the AMA, lawyers the ABA, teachers the NEA, actors the Screen Actors Guild, parents the PTA, manufacturers the NAM, business the Chamber of Commerce and on and on.
The question I have is why the new war by conservatives on labor and teacher unions, what is their goal, and why?

War on unions by conservatives?
New?
Union membership had been declining in the US since 1954.
Conservatives did not have anything to do with it. It's the unions themselves, that have caused the people to leave them.

Many laws and organizations have been created by problems. Laws, for example, are often created to answer a problem and so it was with labor unions. When government finally allowed labor unions to exist the problems eased. As labor problems eased the need for labor unions eased. Return labor conditions to America's early days and labor unions will increase--if the government allows it, and perhaps that's the goal of conservatives today, destroy unions and the laws by which they exist?

Good point. A historical summary of the value of labor unions emphasizes similar issues:
The labor movement in the United States grew out of the need to protect the common interest of workers. For those in the industrial sector, organized labor unions fought for better wages, reasonable hours and safer working conditions. The labor movement led efforts to stop child labor, give health benefits and provide aid to workers who were injured or retired.

See: http://www.history.com/topics/labor

the Unions are not the bad guys with the Post Office.....

Oh yes they are.
It was the Postal Union that went to congress in 2006, to get the bill passed for the pre funding for future retiree pensions & health care.

Even some of the employees were for it.
“On behalf of 330,000 active postal employees who deliver mail on city and rural routes across America, we urge the United State Senate to swiftly pass S. 662, the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act. The NALC and the NRLCA believe this long-overdue legislation will ensure the strength and viability of the U.S. Postal Service for decades to come.”
i think you read the bill wrong Peach....

Key Provisions

The bill would preserve six-day delivery and universal service while protecting postal employees’ collective bargaining rights. It would also repeal the Postal Service’s obligation to make a $3 billion per year contribution to an escrow account while reversing the unfair allocation of military pension costs to the USPS. NALC had hoped the legislation would pass quickly this year so that the problems remaining in the legislation could be worked out in a House-Senate conference committee.

The point I was making is that they were for the bill that passed in 2006, that pays 21 billion a year up front for future retirees health care, which is now Bankrupting them.
Now they are against it, they very thing that they supported in 2006.

They are killing themselves, which is why they need all those laws to force people to join them.

Wrong, Quantum Sheep. Let's look at Czar Kasich of Ohio as a prime example. And when it went to vote, the people shoved it back up his ass almost to the tune of 70%. If these cocksuckers want to destroy the middle class, they're going to have to fight harder.

Pointing out that the people of Ohio told their government to protect unions just makes my point. Thanks for playing though.

Pointing out that the people of Ohio told their government to protect unions just makes my point. Thanks for playing though.

Congrads, Sheep, for whatever you need a pat on the back for. We're not laying down for Czar Kasich's government take over, and we're sure as hell not going to lay down and watch the middle class get destroyed without a fight, and fight 'em we did. You may think it's a keen idea to destroy the middle class, we don't.

Forum List

Back