you can thank the Unions

Thank you unions for showing me who you really are the first time I went to a union meeting and you told all the women present to wear seductive clothing at work to annoy the bosses.

That was so freaking important in improving one's job skills and making the business better, I never forgot one single solitary word of the lecture.

Frickin' morons!

As most Americans know and understand in a democracy numbers give strength. Veterans join veteran's organizations for the strength even disabled veterans have an organization. Medical doctors join the AMA, lawyers the ABA, teachers the NEA, actors the Screen Actors Guild, parents the PTA, manufacturers the NAM, business the Chamber of Commerce and on and on.
The question I have is why the new war by conservatives on labor and teacher unions, what is their goal, and why?

As most Americans know and understand in a democracy numbers give strength. Veterans join veteran's organizations for the strength even disabled veterans have an organization. Medical doctors join the AMA, lawyers the ABA, teachers the NEA, actors the Screen Actors Guild, parents the PTA, manufacturers the NAM, business the Chamber of Commerce and on and on.
The question I have is why the new war by conservatives on labor and teacher unions, what is their goal, and why?
Their demands are fiscally unsustainable, regent.

child labor laws

Honey, did the big bad companies come to your door to drag your kids off to work?

No!

Child Labor laws would have prevented Michelangelo from becoming the worlds greatest sculptor

"Michelangelo's father sent him to study grammar with the Humanist Francesco da Urbino in Florence as a young boy.[6][9] The young artist, however, showed no interest in his schooling, preferring to copy paintings from churches and seek the company of painters.[9] At thirteen, Michelangelo was apprenticed to the painter Domenico Ghirlandaio.[1][10] When Michelangelo was only fourteen, his father persuaded Ghirlandaio to pay his apprentice as an artist, which was highly unusual at the time.[11] When in 1489, Lorenzo de' Medici, de facto ruler of Florence, asked Ghirlandaio for his two best pupils, Ghirlandaio sent Michelangelo and Francesco Granacci"

Michelangelo - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Frank i think there is a difference between working all day in a mine and learning how to paint Frescos......just sayin...

Unions exploit you. No thanks to those parasites.

Yeah, they "exploit" you with higher wages and better working conditions.

Even when you have not earned those high wages.. and even though the government already has workplace laws

Otherwise known as unions are fucking useless, even though they had their usefulness in the distant past

Dave i can only comment on the PO.....but they had no problems circumventing workplace laws when it suited them....and OSHA and the Dept Of Labor were not much help.....the Unions were the ones who kept them in line.....just sayin....

War on unions by conservatives?
New?
Union membership had been declining in the US since 1954.
Conservatives did not have anything to do with it. It's the unions themselves, that have caused the people to leave them.

Even when you have not earned those high wages.. and even though the government already has workplace laws

Otherwise known as unions are fucking useless, even though they had their usefulness in the distant past

Dave i can only comment on the PO.....but they had no problems circumventing workplace laws when it suited them....and OSHA and the Dept Of Labor were not much help.....the Unions were the ones who kept them in line.....just sayin....

In the distant past I know there was a place for unions to fight and expose things.. the way laws are now, that is not necessary... the way information is easily had now, it is not necessary.... just sayin'

Not that I would want to have the government deny anyone their freedom to assemble... what I hate the most is the forced membership in unions with certain employers... someone should have the same freedom not to join as they do to freely assemble and join

In the distant past I know there was a place for unions to fight and expose things.. the way laws are now, that is not necessary... the way information is easily had now, it is not necessary.... just sayin'

Not that I would want to have the government deny anyone their freedom to assemble... what I hate the most is the forced membership in unions with certain employers... someone should have the same freedom not to join as they do to freely assemble and join

the way laws are now, that is not necessary...

like i said.....in the PO its necessary...the so-called Federal Agencies are pretty lax at going after a fellow agency for violating work place rules......i have seen this many a time over the last 33 years.....if the Union made noise then Attention was given to the problem.....other wise it was an on going problem.....why do you think at one time so many workers lost it....it wasnt because of the Unions.....it was because of horrendous management that did not care about rules and regulations or people when it affected them....and Intimidation was their rule of law.....in some parts of the Country this shit still goes on.........

so what is this law you cons are going to construct to deny union rights?

This is the place to put your thanks to worker unions.

You can thank the unions for a 40 hour work week.

lets see just how many things this country can be thankful to unions for

the list will be very long

You can thank the unions for the bankruptcy of Stockton and the end of the Twinkie.

Thank unions for millions of lazy asses getting high pay for doing next to nothing, and having those jobs protected for them.. thus dragging up the price of goods and services

Hey Diamond Cutter, I'll take you on a tour of our prison that is staffed by union workers. Bring your diapers so you can change after you shit your pants.

Unions exploit you. No thanks to those parasites.

Come on in Diamond Cutter! I can help you get a job as one of those lazy union prison guards and see if you earn your wopping 14 bucks an hour.

Nah.. I'll stick to the job I worked my way into... after years in the Army, years in the trenches as a low level tech working overnights running cable in sub zero temps, after years of sleepless nights working 30 40 or even 50 hours straight, etc...

I did my jobs in the military where you would have shit your pants, silly boy... and gladly eaten things that would make a billygoat puke to keep doing more things that would have had you crawling home to mama

Nah.. I'll stick to the job I worked my way into... after years in the Army, years in the trenches as a low level tech working overnights running cable in sub zero temps, after years of sleepless nights working 30 40 or even 50 hours straight, etc...

I did my jobs in the military where you would have shit your pants, silly boy... and gladly eaten things that would make a billygoat puke to keep doing more things that would have had you crawling home to mama

No one gives a shit. You aren't unique nor exemplary.

The insolvency of the post office.
The insolvency of the state of California
Detroit, Chicago, Philadelphia, Baltimore

Let's hear it for unions!

the Unions are not the bad guys with the Post Office.....

Oh yes they are.
It was the Postal Union that went to congress in 2006, to get the bill passed for the pre funding for future retireee pensions & health care.

NALC Bulletin - January 27, 2006

NALC Bulletin - January 27, 2006

Even some of the employees were for it.
“On behalf of 330,000 active postal employees who deliver mail on city and rural routes across America, we urge the United State Senate to swiftly pass S. 662, the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act. The NALC and the NRLCA believe this long-overdue legislation will ensure the strength and viability of the U.S. Postal Service for decades to come.”

no con is offering to tell us how they plan on killing unions in this country?

Forum List

Back