You can't get privilege for yourself but you can get it for your children if you do the following...

I can assure you, productive people have only to gain.

Not if there are millions of starving homeless people and crime increases 5 fold.

Are you describing California again?

Are you going to actually address my point and move forward with our disagreement? There would be more of that without welfare, and it would be a problem even for productive people.

Your point is utter shit. There is no way in hell that what you say would happen, however there is plenty of evidence that it is already happening under the current system.

You should look at some statistics rather than making shit up. It's not like we didn't have any data on both systems so stop the guessing game.

There is no way in hell that what you say would happen

I suppose that's an impasse. To me it seems ridiculous to think desperation and crime wouldn't increase if poor people had less access to help.

You should look at some statistics rather than making shit up. It's not like we didn't have any data on both systems so stop the guessing game.

Just for clarification I'd like to see some stats if you don't mind.

Confounding, your motive to help the poor is self-preservation, a maintenance of the status quo so that your peace and tranquility are not disturbed.

The Christian motive for helping the poor is because it is commanded by Christ as the right thing to do.

Don't you think someone with a Christian motive will better serve the poor than someone who is just trying to save his own neck?

I suppose that's an impasse. To me it seems ridiculous to think desperation and crime wouldn't increase if poor people had less access to help.

Sure...
maritaldecline.jpg

Sure...
maritaldecline.jpg

That graph proves that ending welfare wouldn't create a worse situation than exists already?

Sure...
maritaldecline.jpg

That graph proves that ending welfare wouldn't create a worse situation than exists already?

The graph proves that having welfare created worse situation than existed already.

Sure...
maritaldecline.jpg

The graph proves that having welfare created worse situation than existed already.

So ending welfare would revert us back to how it was in the 1930s (the great depression) without inflicting damage to society? Poverty and crime wouldn't increase? I'm not sure it works that way Norman.

Before welfare existed people worked to make a living, there weren't all these crazy desperate people running around with no food or water.

Do you believe ending welfare wouldn't increase homelessness and starvation in the United States?
No, it wouldn't
the poverty rate is the same as it was when the war on poverty was first implemented in the mid-sixties
all this welfare spending all these social programs all the handouts haven't moved the poverty needle not one bit the trillions spent all it has accomplished was to destroy the family
and made millions hopeless dependents

the war on poverty is a failure liberalism is a failure you are a failure

Last edited:

Sure...
maritaldecline.jpg

So ending welfare would revert us back to how it was in the 1930s without inflicting damage to society? Poverty and crime wouldn't increase? I'm not sure it works that way Norman.

I bet you aren't sure of a lot of things. But if you are that concerned that it will be the purge, we can just phase it out over time.

Some people will abuse the welfare system. It's a necessary evil. I think it's not as common as some people think. Also it's not exactly a glamorous life.
It is more common then you think. And then the people who stay on it or play the game and there are many vote Prog. Which then makes it worse. We were told that poverty would be ended. Go ask LBJ. The games started as soon as the programs ramped up. Then the people employed to service the welfare system and the results on the street made out like bandits. Cities suffered as physical foundation was reduced massively to give massive resources to human foundation. Resources collected have gone from federal and local to federal,local, city, regional and state to pay the same areas off. Atlantic City gambling was a Prog written event as an example. Only a Prog can blow free money! Atlantic City will never ever have the chance to rebuild itself entirely like it had. How can you eliminate poverty when there are people who use the programs as an economy within an economy. And it affects people who are really hurting.

Some people will abuse the welfare system. It's a necessary evil. I think it's not as common as some people think. Also it's not exactly a glamorous life.
people on warfare here in America live as well as middle class in many countries

It is more common then you think. And then the people who stay on it or play the game and there are many vote Prog. Which then makes it worse. We were told that poverty would be ended. Go ask LBJ. The games started as soon as the programs ramped up. Then the people employed to service the welfare system and the results on the street made out like bandits. Cities suffered as physical foundation was reduced massively to give massive resources to human foundation. Resources collected have gone from federal and local to federal,local, city, regional and state to pay the same areas off. Atlantic City gambling was a Prog written event as an example. Only a Prog can blow free money! Atlantic City will never ever have the chance to rebuild itself entirely like it had. How can you eliminate poverty when there are people who use the programs as an economy within an economy. And it affects people who are really hurting.

No, it's really not. 3-5% is not huge. It doesn't make the top 10.

Top 10 Examples of Government Waste

I bet you aren't sure of a lot of things.

You're right. Unlike most I'm honest enough to admit that.

But if you are that concerned that it will be the purge, we can just phase it out over time.

I think that would make it easier, but I still believe welfare does do good for a lot of poor people, and that without it things would be uglier. There's no way Uncle Sam will ever allow EBT to go away. They know what happens when people get hungry and desperate.

Last edited:

Well it was foolish to think poverty could ever be defeated. Nothing is perfect. I think welfare programs do a lot of good too. I'd be all about implementing strict oversight to minimize waste and corruption. Also we need to keep poor immigrants the fuck out of our country because these programs are already too expensive. The need for them will grow as automation swallows up more jobs, and we really just can't afford to pay for Pablo's needs too.

people on warfare here in America live as well as middle class in many countries

Good.

We're better than those countries. We're better than all countries. We're the United fucking States. I am proud of what you just said.

Don't you think someone with a Christian motive will better serve the poor than someone who is just trying to save his own neck?

I don't think Christians are inherently more moral and selfless than other people. I think anywhere the money goes corruption will follow, because people are people. Also it's irrelevant because we can't end welfare programs and instead give all of that money to Christian churches. It'd be seen as favoritism towards and empowerment of a particular religion and the idea would be murdered in government.

Good.

We're better than those countries. We're better than all countries. We're the United fucking States. I am proud of what you just said.
no we make it to comfortable to be poor in America so comfortable there is no incentive not to be poor not to get off welfare find a job better your self

Good.

no we make it to comfortable to be poor in America so comfortable there is no incentive not to be poor not to get off welfare find a job better your self

That's ridiculous. Welfare is not setup to allow able-bodied adults to live for free and have no job. The people that live super comfortably and still have an EBT card are usually drug dealers. In many states now EBT has a work requirement that says if you're working less than 30 hours a week you are not eligible. There are other requirements for other programs too. Most of the people on welfare are working shitty customer service jobs for 8-10 dollars an hour and living paycheck to paycheck.

Forum List

Back