🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

you can't make this stuff up. wtf?

Not much other than she sees that she can help a charity, and make a living to provide for her child. What an outrageous thing to do.

What it says about some people on this forum is that they are not terribly intelligent, in my opinion. Charities are quite good at finding suitable spokespeople, and pay them what they think that person's value is to their work (and they're quite experienced in working out 'value added'). No one forced the Charity to pay Bristol. Basic facts elude the mentally challenged.
I personally would like the charity that I donate to spend most of the money on the cause they are raising the money for. But I guess that is me. If that makes me mentally challenged, so be it.

But I do love where you are going. It seems your insults lately, have either been about the mentally challenged or people who smoke pot. What did the mentally challenged or marijuana ever do to you? or do you just need to get laid???

Funny, if one looks at the United Ways' financial report, they pulled in ~$102 mill and had expenses of ~$94 mill last year. 89% of their expenses were spent on program while the remaining were spent on admin and fund raising. Sounds pretty good, for someone who would say what you just said: that you want most of the money going toward the programs that the charity runs/supports. Funny thing is, the United Way considers program expenses as public relations, campaigning, and community impact and learning leadership, for example.

What do you think of the United Way now?

I dont donate to the United Way.

I wonder if she negotiated the payment, or if maybe the family has an agent/handler who does all that?

She'd get brownies points if she gave most of that money back to the charity to use on further awareness efforts. That would say a good thing about her character, imo.

We have "Bowl a Strike for Cancer" every year. There's a team that wins almost every year and they always give their cash prize back to our charity.

Bully for them. Frankly, Bristol Palin is not 'bowling for cancer', she's trying to earn a living to support her child. Want to hang her for that? I wouldn't. She's trying to do both - by working for a salary - for a charity that she obviously thinks is important. Why the fuck that is so over the intellectual paygrade of some people is, frankly, beyond my intellectual paygrade.

I do not blame here for wanting to make money to support herself and her child. I blame the charity for hiring her to influence unwed teenage girls not to have babies when she so obviously did it herself.

You can call me stupid, and cuss at me all you want, it won't change the fact that the Simon says method of teaching has never worked. It's a waste of money.

I am, frankly, dumbfounded that anyone has an issue with it.

Advertising works... hence corporations use advertising to sell their products or services.

Del's issue is an occasion to bash Palin using her daughter.

Next Up: Criticising Trig Palin for encouraging Downs Syndrome sufferers.

An_Intimate_Look_At_Sarah_Palin-1.jpg

No problem with him, do have a problem with Palin flipping out any time anyone uses the word retard etc.

Be patient: I'm sure that one day he'll accept an offer to raise public awareness of People Downs Syndrome, and you'll have a chance to bash Palin through her son.

No problem with him, do have a problem with Palin flipping out any time anyone uses the word retard etc.

Calling people a retard to be negative is the same as calling someone a faggot to be negative, its offensive.

Its your right to be crude, rude, and offensive but I wouldn't encorage it.

it is a crude comment, but every time someone says it, it isn't an attack on her. ;)

bristol palin has been hired to be the poster child for teen abstinence for $262K

really? really.

"Teen mom Bristol Palin, now 20, scored $262,000 in 2009 as Candie’s Foundation ambassador promoting abstinence.

Let me get this straight: Candie’s paid a teen mom a quarter-million dollars to tell other teens not to become teen moms?

According to the Candie’s Web site, Palin’s job — which she still has — is “helping other teens understand the incredible challenges teen parents face, and encouraging them to wait until they are socially and financially independent to start their families.”

What incredible challenges? Like walking the red carpet and mastering the paso doble on “Dancing with the Stars”?"

Teen mom Bristol Palin’s hefty check gives birth to outrage - BostonHerald.com

cut the shit

Is it any diffferent than when an ex-junkie talks to kids about staying away from drugs?

You Palin haters are hilarious.

Teen pregnancy sounds awesome based on her life. Everyone should have a baby out of wedlock.

You didn't watch the ad spot that this thread was based off of, did you ;)?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpHlztPeHf8]YouTube - Candies Foundation Bristol Palin PSA[/ame]
I can only watch it without the sound, what's she saying? If she made 262,000 in 2009 why is she living in a one-room nearly vacant apartment?

:lol:

Let me get you the transcript.

"What if i didn't come from a famous family
What if I didn't have all their support
What if I couldn't finish my education
What if I didn't have all these opportunities

****cut to empty appartment, frumpy clothes, no makeup*******

Beleive me, It wouldn't be pretty (baby cries)

Pause, Before you Play

Be patient: I'm sure that one day he'll accept an offer to raise public awareness of People Downs Syndrome, and you'll have a chance to bash Palin through her son.

Can't wait!

Calling people a retard to be negative is the same as calling someone a faggot to be negative, its offensive.

Its your right to be crude, rude, and offensive but I wouldn't encorage it.

it is a crude comment, but every time someone says it, it isn't an attack on her. ;)

True true

bristol palin has been hired to be the poster child for teen abstinence for $262K

really? really.

"Teen mom Bristol Palin, now 20, scored $262,000 in 2009 as Candie’s Foundation ambassador promoting abstinence.

Let me get this straight: Candie’s paid a teen mom a quarter-million dollars to tell other teens not to become teen moms?

According to the Candie’s Web site, Palin’s job — which she still has — is “helping other teens understand the incredible challenges teen parents face, and encouraging them to wait until they are socially and financially independent to start their families.”

What incredible challenges? Like walking the red carpet and mastering the paso doble on “Dancing with the Stars”?"

cut the shit

Is it any diffferent than when an ex-junkie talks to kids about staying away from drugs?

You Palin haters are hilarious.

A little.
The junkie probably wasnt rewarded for being an ass.

Last edited:
We have "Bowl a Strike for Cancer" every year. There's a team that wins almost every year and they always give their cash prize back to our charity.

Bully for them. Frankly, Bristol Palin is not 'bowling for cancer', she's trying to earn a living to support her child. Want to hang her for that? I wouldn't. She's trying to do both - by working for a salary - for a charity that she obviously thinks is important. Why the fuck that is so over the intellectual paygrade of some people is, frankly, beyond my intellectual paygrade.

I do not blame here for wanting to make money to support herself and her child. I blame the charity for hiring her to influence unwed teenage girls not to have babies when she so obviously did it herself.

You can call me stupid, and cuss at me all you want, it won't change the fact that the Simon says method of teaching has never worked. It's a waste of money.

International research suggests that you are wrong. That's why corporations spend billions on advertising. Because it works. And this is no different to advertising a product, it's informing kids in a way they relate to.

I personally would like the charity that I donate to spend most of the money on the cause they are raising the money for. But I guess that is me. If that makes me mentally challenged, so be it.

But I do love where you are going. It seems your insults lately, have either been about the mentally challenged or people who smoke pot. What did the mentally challenged or marijuana ever do to you? or do you just need to get laid???

Funny, if one looks at the United Ways' financial report, they pulled in ~$102 mill and had expenses of ~$94 mill last year. 89% of their expenses were spent on program while the remaining were spent on admin and fund raising. Sounds pretty good, for someone who would say what you just said: that you want most of the money going toward the programs that the charity runs/supports. Funny thing is, the United Way considers program expenses as public relations, campaigning, and community impact and learning leadership, for example.

Well, that wasn't what I asked.

really? really.

cut the shit

"According to the Candie’s Web site, Palin’s job — which she still has — is “helping other teens understand the incredible challenges teen parents face, and encouraging them to wait until they are socially and financially independent to start their families.”

which I think is good stuff!

but we all know what cons would be saying if this was chelsea clinton or one of the obama girls (or any democrat) . They'd be denouncing her as a pig, slut, whore, immoral....

and mocking and ridiculing her and the charity

and OUTRAGED that so much donated money was going to her at the expense of the charity itself

And yet she's giving lectures about the repercussions of teen pregnancy.
Teen pregnancy sounds awesome based on her life. Everyone should have a baby out of wedlock.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YpHlztPeHf8]YouTube - Candies Foundation Bristol Palin PSA[/ame]

Ravi doesn't let a little reality stand in the way of her opinion.

Yup, that's why AA, NA, and other programs like that are so awful and useless because all they all are drunks, addicts, etc. who talk to others who want to stop.

Nope, there's absolutely NO benefit from personal examples of what could happen to you if you don't think before behaving in a certain way. :lol:

:cuckoo:

really? really.

cut the shit

"According to the Candie’s Web site, Palin’s job — which she still has — is “helping other teens understand the incredible challenges teen parents face, and encouraging them to wait until they are socially and financially independent to start their families.”

which I think is good stuff!

but we all know what cons would be saying if this was chelsea clinton or one of the obama girls (or any democrat) . They'd be denouncing her as a pig, slut, whore, immoral....

and mocking and ridiculing her and the charity

and OUTRAGED that so much donated money was going to her at the expense of the charity itself

If her last name was Obama, Clinton, or Kennedy... I'd be saying the same thing I have said all the way through this thread. So, no.... you clearly don't 'know' what 'cons' would be saying.

idiot.

Well, that wasn't what I asked.

In the post you quoted, I said I wouldn't donate to a charity like that. You posted info on United Way, I said I don't donate to them. I think that is my answer to that question. ;)

Ravi doesn't let a little reality stand in the way of her opinion.

Give her a chance, she did actually try to watch it but didn't have sound so I typed it up for her.

Lets see where ravi stands after she realizes what the ad spot is saying.

Forum List

Back