You go back in time and become a delegate at the Constitutional Convention

outlier

Jul 8, 2017
Suppose you do so and in a speech you say that maybe in 75 to 100 years in the future we will have many more states. Some of the states will want to leave the Union. The others won't want to let them. A horrible civil war will start where hundreds of thousands of men will die.

So you think we should put in the Constitution that either states should or should not have the right to secede because if neither way was explicitly stated each side would claim the constitution would back them up, whereas if the constitution did take a position many people would hesitate to violate it and much if not all the bloodshed could be avoided.

Do you think you could sell the delegates on that?

Any chance if you found yourself a delegate you wouldn't even try?

If anyone were to do this, they could not imagine the takeover of the country by corporations or inside forces to the extent it has become without intervention by the people. No, I would suggest that a Bill of Deserves be added, as well as strike out the pursuit of happiness in the Declaration and replace it with Guarantee of Happiness with a Entitlement and Closure proviso.

It probably wouldn’t matter how it is written. Politicians being criminals can always find a way around any law.

Dishonest Abe did yet many Americans think him our greatest POTUS, though he clearly was a traitor, solely responsible for the deaths of 850k Americans, and destruction of half the nation.

It probably wouldn’t matter how it is written. Politicians being criminals can always find a way around any law.

Dishonest Abe did yet many Americans think him our greatest POTUS, though he clearly was a traitor, solely responsible for the deaths of 850k Americans, and destruction on half the nation.

And Ben Franklin understood this. He said that he did not entirely agree with everything in the Constitution, and he knew that the Constitution would only be as good as the moral fiber of those who look to it.

Eventually it would all decay into despotism, which is our nature.

I would make sure that we have freedom FROM religion.

Why are you against freedom?

Let him define what exactly it is we should be free from.

To be fair, the Founding Fathers in no way wanted the state in the pulpit, which is what they came from.

But they understood that a country devoid of personal faith, could not stand.

It is just common sense really. People either learn to govern themselves in a moral way, or the state does it for them. If the state is forced to do it for them, because society is amoral, then it devolves into a police state, which the US seems to becoming more each and every day.

To be fair, the Founding Fathers in no way wanted the state in the pulpit, which is what they came from.

It is just common sense really. People either learn to govern themselves in a moral way, or the state does it for them. If the state is forced to do it for them, because society is amoral, then it devolves into a police state, which the US seems to becoming more each and every day.
Which is why the ruling class who controls the state, promotes immortality. It’s a win-win for them. What better way other than war, to grow the state.

Religions are amoral at their core. It's about control and threats.

The framers created such an amazing document, that I wouldn't be surprised if they made secession this difficult because they envisioned a time in which we had become so egotistical and divided that we constantly lost our shit because we weren't getting our way, and wanted our state to split from the country. Like children who don't get their way on the playground. So they created this safeguard against childish tantrums.

If that's the case, holy crap, they pretty much nailed that too.

I'm FOR freedom, from religion.
So if I want religion, in your world, I don’t have the freedom to do what I want.
I didn't say you can't have religion, but religion shouldn't be allowed to dictate anything to us, like creation "science". Or possibly turning over Roe vs Wade for religious reasons. ...

I'm FOR freedom, from religion.
So if I want religion, in your world, I don’t have the freedom to do what I want.
I didn't say you can't have religion, but religion shouldn't be allowed to dictate anything to us, like creation "science". Or possibly turning over Roe vs Wade for religious reasons. ...
I think the Constitution says pretty much what you just did.

The framers created such an amazing document, that I wouldn't be surprised if they made secession this difficult because they envisioned a time in which we had become so egotistical and divided that we constantly lost our shit because we weren't getting our way, and wanted our state to split from the country. Like children who don't get their way on the playground. So they created this safeguard against childish tantrums.

If that's the case, holy crap, they pretty much nailed that too.
So basically, states and their citizens aren't free, but shackled to the US forever.

Define religion.
The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.

So the belief and worship of people or a person is a religion?

How do you define belief and worship?
Not what I said, I used the word "superhuman", as in an invisible superbeing in another dimension.

So your main beef is belief in a super natural being?

So tell us, who has enslaved men over the centuries? Who has created war after war?

Is it this super natural being whom you hate so much?

IF God exists, did we not come into this world free, that is, unless man takes our freedom from us?

Forum List

Back